How to make ARK more Fresh

machodragon69

Hey fellow survivors, im just wondering who can come up with some ideas to make me enjoy ark just a bit more, I do not have the pc version i play on xbox, so no mods atm. I just miss the times i would gets scared running into a rex, or a spino, or a pack of raptors or sabers, like they have there moments still, but i find myself getting slightly bored of ark after a couple days of each update.... maybe im doing things wrong. Any help?

I know I get bored on any game pretty easy. I always try and have people to play with (friends, clan members) and just have fun doing challenges, or stupid stuff. 

Who can kill a giga with a bow naked?

PvP on a small platform

Get creative, and add alcohol if you're of age!

Anyone else have fun things they do in ARK when its need freshening up?

I find that flying makes the game pretty stale. I got on one of my wolves once and started just travelling around the island on foot, made things so much more exciting.

I also got on single player, admittedly it was with a lot of mods but no reason not to with the island either, and just avoided flying entirely. Found a lot of little things I wouldnt normally have found, and playing on my own I was forced to play in a way I wouldnt normally (usually I just craft and build, in SP I had to play more of the hunter role). Recently I decided to live off a mobile base, I put a platform saddle on a paracer and just travelled around the map looking for a place to settle. I did this on the valhalla map since it's huge, but it could work on the Island too.

Generally, just find a way to play that you wouldn't normally play, give yourself some self imposed challenges, or something like it

56 minutes ago, Sajiri said:

I find that flying makes the game pretty stale. I got on one of my wolves once and started just travelling around the island on foot, made things so much more exciting.

I also got on single player, admittedly it was with a lot of mods but no reason not to with the island either, and just avoided flying entirely. Found a lot of little things I wouldnt normally have found, and playing on my own I was forced to play in a way I wouldnt normally (usually I just craft and build, in SP I had to play more of the hunter role). Recently I decided to live off a mobile base, I put a platform saddle on a paracer and just travelled around the map looking for a place to settle. I did this on the valhalla map since it's huge, but it could work on the Island too.

Generally, just find a way to play that you wouldn't normally play, give yourself some self imposed challenges, or something like it

Thanks for the tip man! I will have to try that, sadly xbox version dosent have mods yet or i would so download a new map like valhala or center map! the moble bas idea is great to because without a quetz it would be hard to get metal to and from my base, but with a paracer or bronto, or upcoming titanasaur that shouldent be to much of a problem.

My friends and I also got bored of the same ol' grind. We started up our own dedicated server and it really did breath life in to the game. Having access to the console commands on Xbox really helps out a lot too.

We marked off one of the smaller islands to use as a playground. You can also do this on an official server but it'll probably take longer to build/put together/maintain. We made a red and a blue house to play things like capture the flag (helmet), slayer (for you Halo vets), and pretty much anything else we can think of and make work. We also made a glass/greenhouse arena for 1v1, 3v3, etc. melee battles. Think the Roman Colosseum and the old gladiator battles. We're currently in the process of finding high level dodo's to pit them against one another.

Of course, like everything else, these will all run their course and we'll get tired of sniping each other while we try to steal the other teams colored trike helmet. Or we'll get bored with hunting down level 120 dodo's to tame. Hopefully by the time that happens Ark will have more content and its replay value will go through the roof.

13 hours ago, Irk said:

My friends and I also got bored of the same ol' grind. We started up our own dedicated server and it really did breath life in to the game. Having access to the console commands on Xbox really helps out a lot too.

We marked off one of the smaller islands to use as a playground. You can also do this on an official server but it'll probably take longer to build/put together/maintain. We made a red and a blue house to play things like capture the flag (helmet), slayer (for you Halo vets), and pretty much anything else we can think of and make work. We also made a glass/greenhouse arena for 1v1, 3v3, etc. melee battles. Think the Roman Colosseum and the old gladiator battles. We're currently in the process of finding high level dodo's to pit them against one another.

Of course, like everything else, these will all run their course and we'll get tired of sniping each other while we try to steal the other teams colored trike helmet. Or we'll get bored with hunting down level 120 dodo's to tame. Hopefully by the time that happens Ark will have more content and its replay value will go through the roof.

thats awesome! xD

I usually run around in just basic cloth gear with a crossbow and a saber. I travel mostly on foot when not on a big farming run. I think the no flying advice is very good.  I'm working on exploring the ocean depths with just an Ichthy....he deep dark sea scares me in real life.  Lol. I'm also learning to go into caves with basic hide gear, by myself, with a Dimo and Saber and a Pike.  

Fewer Dinos, less gear, smaller base, traveling on foot.....watch for those Compy gangs, they are so mean!

1 hour ago, FireStormRising said:

I usually run around in just basic cloth gear with a crossbow and a saber. I travel mostly on foot when not on a big farming run. I think the no flying advice is very good.  I'm working on exploring the ocean depths with just an Ichthy....he deep dark sea scares me in real life.  Lol. I'm also learning to go into caves with basic hide gear, by myself, with a Dimo and Saber and a Pike.  

Fewer Dinos, less gear, smaller base, traveling on foot.....watch for those Compy gangs, they are so mean!

lol thanks for the advice! the deep blue scares me poopless to! well any open watter really xD

We've just restarted our server, and picked a spawn point at random to set up camp in. (I miss our old base!) But we are seeing a different side of the Island. We've also stopped using flyers, heading everywhere either in foot or by raft...  The water terrifies me... the very few times we've tamed Ichty's we've been found by a gang of Megaladons and become dinner :D

I love the mobile base idea... Might have to try that!  We're also considering trying out a Primitive server at some point.

On 4/11/2016 at 9:22 PM, enduran said:

I know I get bored on any game pretty easy. I always try and have people to play with (friends, clan members) and just have fun doing challenges, or stupid stuff. 

Who can kill a giga with a bow naked?

PvP on a small platform

Get creative, and add alcohol if you're of age!

Anyone else have fun things they do in ARK when its need freshening up?

Start from the South end of the island and go all the way up to the North most point only on foot with one pack mule dino and see if you can survive! Tour de Ark :) 

9 hours ago, Aurna said:

We've just restarted our server, and picked a spawn point at random to set up camp in. (I miss our old base!) But we are seeing a different side of the Island. We've also stopped using flyers, heading everywhere either in foot or by raft...  The water terrifies me... the very few times we've tamed Ichty's we've been found by a gang of Megaladons and become dinner :D

I love the mobile base idea... Might have to try that!  We're also considering trying out a Primitive server at some point.

Thats really cool!

9 hours ago, Aurna said:

Explore on foot. Ive yet to see the whole island because I never rely on 20+ people to do all the work for me but instead solo it all. Its much more exciting to face encounters alone on foot and using ONLY gear you personally made starting from nothing at all no help on a server.

Just my personal point of view ofcourse.

Play as a dinosaur!

Exploiting singleplayer cheats, actvate Infinite stats for your player, summon any rideable dino at level one and forcetame it as soon as you spawn in on the beach, and ride around, only dismounting to level yourself up and empty out unwanted inventory items. If you're a raptor or sabertooth, you could summon in some others or find wild ones and tame them to act as pack mates, or as a Rex/Carno/whatever, you could tame yourself a mate. Once your dino dies, you must kill yourself and respawn as a completely new dino and survivor, both at level one. Due to infinite stats, your human cannot drown, dehydrate, freeze, or starve, making it useful if you live in the snow or are an aquatic creature. For more fun, travel to the correct biome before spawning in your dino and "becoming" it. I'm gonna definately try this out more! The way your dino keeps fed is simple, you just harvest berries as an herbivore and hunt as a carnivore. Taming other dinos, whether through traditional taming or cheatcode, could be seen as recruiting   to a herd/pack or courting a mate. Have fun!

5 minutes ago, YutyrannusRex said:

Play as a dinosaur!

Exploiting singleplayer cheats, actvate Infinite stats for your player, summon any rideable dino at level one and forcetame it as soon as you spawn in on the beach, and ride around, only dismounting to level yourself up and empty out unwanted inventory items. If you're a raptor or sabertooth, you could summon in some others or find wild ones and tame them to act as pack mates, or as a Rex/Carno/whatever, you could tame yourself a mate. Once your dino dies, you must kill yourself and respawn as a completely new dino and survivor, both at level one. Due to infinite stats, your human cannot drown, dehydrate, freeze, or starve, making it useful if you live in the snow or are an aquatic creature. For more fun, travel to the correct biome before spawning in your dino and "becoming" it. I'm gonna definately try this out more! The way your dino keeps fed is simple, you just harvest berries as an herbivore and hunt as a carnivore. Taming other dinos, whether through traditional taming or cheatcode, could be seen as recruiting   to a herd/pack or courting a mate. Have fun!

That;s a neat idea. Think ill go play as a compy xD

58 minutes ago, Justmakingareport said:

Not yet! xD

I was thinking a Pteranodon until compies get a saddle

Ptera would be cool, you could even formulate a migration pattern. Maybe someone should set up a server like this? Anyway, less of dino roleplaying, more of enjoying ARK without having to bother with building, chores, or nonsense. I'm probably not gonna try the big predators right away though, they'll get boring. A Trike or Wooly Rhino would suit my play style better, something more balanced. However, a pack animal would be amazing...charging into battle with your loyal packmates? Yes please?

Building projects (whether it be mazes, assault courses (with the use of grappling hooks), underwater buildings or buildings placed over water using pillars, fancy buildings using slopes/ramps and pillars, decorating with paints, symbols, building a slick boat from a raft frame (similar approach can be made with dino platform saddles) there is plenty you can do in this regard.

Player interaction, whether that be helping newer players or PVP in any form you prefer consented or not, depending on the server (could even be within your tribe or between disposable dinos in your tribe, perhaps make an arena?).

Taming specific high level dinos or trying to find "the perfect dino" in terms of stats, the tame itself is usually quite dull but the hunt for them can be exciting. Hunting beacons "what's in the box" while only a small thing, it can add a bit of spice in between other activities you are doing.

Sorry for all the brackets, it's nearly 4am and I am sort of avoiding Psychology homework and my brain is everywhere.

Archived