Settings are reset after each verification of the files

Elgar

Settings are reset after each verification of the files

Before Genesis release, if you verified the integrity of files with Steam (and it's recommended to do that after every patch or hotfix), your two ini files - GameUserSettings.ini and Game.ini - were not replaced, allowing you to keep your settings.

With Genesis release, devs probably forgot to tag these files because now, if you verify the integrity of files, Steam always overwrites your ini files and you have to redo all of your settings every time. That's why there are a lot of complaints now on the forums by players who have their settings reset after last patches. 

Of course there is a workaround, you can backup your ini files, but please, devs, fix this annoying issue.

10 minutes ago, hprather1 said:

I also noticed that my damage from my high power crossbow and longneck are only doing base level 100% damage.

Yes, it has been reported a lot of times on the official subreddit, on Steam forum and even here. Not specific to Genesis and not related to a mod, this bug affects vanilla servers too.

How about you stop deleting my settings every update.

This latest update pissed off several friends of mine, and me, because we all adjusted out settings to delete some of your retarded hotkeys that keep accidentally whistling to all dinos and such. Plus, I have particular settings that take forever to set and you just go and reset the files every fking update. Months of settings lost because you thought it'd be funny to purge them all again for no reason whatsoever. Thanks Wildcard.

I imagine there'll be other people here who agree that resetting people's settings all the time pisses them off too. Don't give me that bull crap about how its required to add a missing setting, its not. Scan the file, check what setting is missing, append it to the list. Its not that hard.

Archived