BE WARNED: Anti-Meshing Kills Players Who Simply Log Out in their Base

Suggestory

BE WARNED: Anti-Meshing Kills Players Who Simply Log Out in their Base

This is a warning for all those considering playing with the new updates or pursuing the new DLC.

I am currently playing Genesis. I like the product (Ark) overall. I have played for a long time now and I particularly enjoy the challenge of hardcore mode. I am playing on the only hardcore server available "hardcore11". I have spent several hours being very careful and meticulous in my activities to stay alive. I managed to get to level 30 solo. At about 2230 Central Standard Time on 26 Feb 2020, I was in the middle of taming a high-level Baryonyx and doing rather well for a hardcore server I might add, when a notice appeared on the server, stating that the server would go down for a 15 minute update. So, I topped off the dino and went into my hut to briefly log off for the update. When I got back, my character was dead....according to the tribe log, he was killed due to "Anti-meshing"...... I myself, have never experienced an issue with a tribe who was cheating through meshing....that I know of....but, if the means to fix that issue is to simply kill every player who sinks into the floor....I DON'T WANT IT! Due to the new Anti-meshing feature killing my character: I lost 9 hrs of my life, a level 30 character, and a level 130 Baryonyx that would have been tamed soon. I literally have a second account which is how I can see in a tribe log, that I died to anti-meshing, but that level 2 character is meant to chill safely in base to re-invite if needed (we will see how long that character lasts with anti-meshing able to kill it anytime). Due to the location and level of that extra account, I couldn't safely get to the Baryonyx with it.

All that to say, be warned that you can lose your character anytime now. It appears that we not only have to worry about offline raiders, but new Wildcard Studio features raiding us as well. I am sorely disappointed by this turn of events. I was extremely excited to play Genesis and took some time of work to play, I intended to play all night, but I really can't even look at it right now. I have been urging friends and family to get the DLC and play with me, but now, I don't even know if I am going to continue playing. I really only like the Hardcore mode, the reason I purchased the game, but I can't justify spending the time to play when my character can be killed in the safety of my own base. For non-hardcore players, I suppose you would lose your items you have on you and would lead to some annoyance in getting back to your body. 

I submitted a ticket to Ark's support: REQUEST #1437580, I'll let you all know if they are taking care of these issues and whether they are sensitive to customer issues like these. 

- Loyal customer, but sorely disappointed.

I completely understand your pain Suggestory. I felt the appeal of hardcore servers as well. The feeling you get when you leave base...literally every step you take in game Is alert. Your sound turned up with music off so that you can hear the jungle and potential threats around you. Keeping track of time passed in game, to avoid being caught unprepared at night. 

I reached a full stone base with behemoth walls and species x in hardcore once, then one day I stepped into a hole...the one at the southern metal spawn on the hillside on the island. I know that  you guys know the exact  hole I'm talking about  lmao. After being stuck in that hole for about an hour I finally starved to death and lost all of that progress. Losing your progress is inevitable in hardcore, its about the journey and story of your character, not how far you actually get. To die to a glitch though...it leaves such a sour note at end of your story. Its like watching the titanic without seeing the ship sink and instead getting a message stating: Jack died 

I hope that your ticket gets answered and that you recover your lost progress but honestly I cant and wont ever recommend playing hardcore, PvE, small tribes, or any other official server if you intend to play with specialized rules/settings. The reason for this is because if you were on a reliable unofficial you could probably have this problem resolved within one day tops. Believe me, I hate to say that because I've played official servers since day one (still do) and I hate to see the population shift, but we can't deny the rising popularity of unofficial servers and/or the loyal fanbase that it brings.

Long story short: Wildcard (respectfully) lacks the manpower to manage their servers as any company would, so the solution is to either play on official servers with vanilla settings and take on the risk/freedom that they ensue, or play unofficial, which usually has an active admin to help provide that middle ground for balanced gameplay "aka" customer support. 

PvE, Small Tribes, Hardcore, Etc...should be left to the unofficial community to manage. Let official servers remain lawless so that the developers can have more time and resources to continue improving this amazing game and improve features such as anti-meshing, which will improve the core game. (With the exception of hackers/players using external software and/or changing their game files. Ban those dirty Raptors!)

Focusing down players and/or tribes who break the code of conduct in terms of gameplay is a waste of time and developer resources when single party problems, such as what @Suggestory is faced with, exist in the game. Leave the abusers and glitches to an unofficial fan base who love and support your game and who will continue to do so. 

Logan,

Thanks for the response and advice. As you have said, hardcore is fun and has its own rewards. I've successfully hit level 70 completely solo before (without a backup/secondary account). I have relatively thick skin. I understand that if I walk off an edge, fail to look across the terrain for movement, or get raided by other players while off line... than I am at fault for not maintaining awareness, all due diligence, and/or the best available defenses. In this case, I would consider that the fault is not my own. The premise of the game is "survival", (#survivetheark right?); unfortunately, when features such as "anti-meshing" is killing players, dinos, and progress, that is in direct opposition with the game itself. One could argue the game is broken, as you can't accomplish the task of surviving due to the game itself. As you have said, Wildcard does not appear to have sufficient manning or in-place procedures to handle the player-base. I am very disheartened by their performance. Dinos and players have been sinking into foundations and portions of the ground for years.... this is nothing new.... yet they decide to push a feature that would auto-eliminate all these dinos and players? How did they think this was going to work?  I do not understand why there is not some sort of buffer...or better yet, rather than kill the player or dino, teleport them back above ground, or to the last acceptable location, or to a obelisk. I hope they respond to my ticket as well, but given how much this is happening... I do have concerns. 

I had this happen to one of my characters on pve Val when the new dlc launched and I was pretty upset ~ I dc’d on log in to re log on to myself dead and tribe log said anti mesh :( ~ I must have rag dolled and fell through the foundation when I dc’d ~ I can replace everything I had on my body but still I shouldn’t have to ~ I don’t cheat, I don’t glitch so why am I being punished because this mesh “fix” that seems to cause more problems for the honest players than it helps ~

It is definitely worse in your case if I was playing hardcore and that happened I wouldn’t go back unless they changed the system a bit ~

I haven’t raised anything since this mesh system out of fear of them getting deleted from growing into the ground ~

We have also lost gates and building structures because of rocks etc being spawned back in :/ 

I have 2 suggestions. The first one is significantly easier than the second. First I suggest using the "sleep" option similar to how a tek pod works so you dont fall through the map. This can be done on any bed. 2nd suggestion is live on a dino/tree/cliff platform but if your server is pvp i dont recommend

Archived