Genesis: X-creatures

mackyish3r3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you think that is a bug (as Kraeoger said a misplaced decimal point)? I hope not! Because I love it!  A pack of two raptors destroyed our Baryonyx in a blink of an eye, and we were like "Ok, ok... ok... that was unexpected". And if it's true that tamed saddled can be destroyed by a lower-level wild - it couldn't be better! 

genesis wild dinos inflicting more damage than they should??

so i tamed a raptor it came out at 191 has now 300 melee about 1000 hp cant even kill a baronyx level 25. tried kill a frog nope .... a level 130 ran off so it could not lick or torpor it too unconsciousness this has to be a bug surely on the damage multipliers?? lol

X creatures

Is there any list for which creatures have their X variants? For example I saw X Ankylosaurus everywhere at the volcano, but is there any X Argentavis with volcanic skin? I know there are X Argies with snow skin but I really want to know for volcanic one, since it is best looking skin in my opinion. If anyone has seen this, please let me know. And... Any X Therizinosaurus? I was wandering around pretty much on snow biome and haven't seen any of this, just normal ones. 

1 hour ago, Akarulez said:

X creatures

Is there any list for which creatures have their X variants? For example I saw X Ankylosaurus everywhere at the volcano, but is there any X Argentavis with volcanic skin? I know there are X Argies with snow skin but I really want to know for volcanic one, since it is best looking skin in my opinion. If anyone has seen this, please let me know. And... Any X Therizinosaurus? I was wandering around pretty much on snow biome and haven't seen any of this, just normal ones. 

There doesn't seem to be a complete list yet, so let's make one here!
I'll start, and everyone else just fill in whatever I haven't seen yet that they have. We'll put it on the wiki when we're done.

>X-Raptor (Bog)
>X-Parasaur (Bog)
>X-Paracer (Bog)
>X-Tapejara (Bog)
>X-Spino (Bog)
>X-Rex (Volcano)
>X-Allo (Volcano)
>X-Anky (Volcano)
>X-Trike (Volcano)

The original teaser picture also has a saber and a mosa (send help) shown, but they might have been dropped so I won't add them to my list.

As you can see, I haven't been to the arctic much yet

6 hours ago, Castlerock said:
6 hours ago, deedoubleu said:
I wonder if dragon's fire breathe would override that and still deal full damage to boss rexes.
How about turret damage? All soakers will be twice as effective now or 50% reduction is only for player inflicted damage?

Others mentioned that only wild ones have the dmg reduction, once tamed the lose it

So... it's just to make taming on genesis unnecessary harder and longer?

8 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

So... it's just to make taming on genesis unnecessary harder and longer?

It's to make the game in general more difficult. In the past, any decently leveled tamed dino with a saddle could stomp on any wild dino of the same species. X-dinos push the balance in favor of wild dinos

7 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

They tame at the same speed as regular creatures and does have the same torpor, just overall a 50% dmg reduction if you intend to kill them.

Wait. But torpor is tied to damage, so your attacks inflict less with 50% reduction. Maybe it's the same after you KO the creature, but you need more time and arrows/darts to get there.

2 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

Wait. But torpor is tied to damage, so your attacks inflict less with 50% reduction. Maybe it's the same after you KO the creature, but you need more time and arrows/darts to get there.

That's correct, and why I think they should have some special abilities, even if those abilities aren't combat-related.

Also, they have a 60% damage reduction, not 50%, so you need 2.5x more tranqs than normal.

A list of X types would be great. There is snow, volcano and bog or?

X-Parasaur   (Bog)
 X-Paraceratherium   (Bog)
 X-Raptor   (Bog)
 X-Spino   (Bog)
 X-Tapejara   (Bog)
 X-Rock Elemental   (Volcano)
 X-Sabertooth Salmon      [Lunar]
 X-Sabertooth Salmon       [Rare Lunar]
 X-Basilosaurus   (Ocean)
 X-Ichthyosaurus   (Ocean)
 X-Dunkleosteus   (Ocean)
 X-Megalodon   (Ocean)
 X-Mosasaurus   (Ocean)
 X-Argentavis   (Snow)
 X-Otter   (Snow)
 X-Sabertooth   (Snow)
 X-Woolly Rhino   (Snow)
 X-Yutyrannus   (Snow)
 X-Allosaurus   (Volcano)
 X-Ankylosaurus   (Volcano)
 X-Dragon   (Volcano)
 X-Rex   (Volcano)
 X-Triceratops   (Volcano)

i love the New X dinos but THB i thought ALL dinos would be variants. example 

in the ocean it would be O-(Blank) for Ocean and some dinos like Kapros, Spinos, crabs and Other Somewhat Aqua Dinos could become Fully Aqua (minis the Bary) 

Lava would be V-(blank) For Volcano and they get boost against Lava and they would have Much more HP and Damage Resistance (because its a HARSH AREA)

Bog would have B-(Blank) for Bog and they get a boost of stamina and Swimming speed and a Small Bit of HP boost. and gain a Slight boost in water

arctic would have A-(blank) and they would have more HP in colder areas but normally they have More damage.

Lunar would have L-(blank) asid from the Tek dinos, normal Lunar dinos would spawn their. and they would have a Glowing parts and they would flash Different colors. they have Higher Jump, more And have slightly less HP then normal but they have somewhat better damage resistance.

and X dinos would basically be Super dinos, but they are Much more Rare, take longer to tame but nearly everything is Boosted.

23 hours ago, Darkholis said:

La lave fait du mal aux créatures sauvages, oui.

Oui, je l'ai tué avec l'épée car elle était lente et n'a craché de feu d'aucune partie du corps au contact de l'eau. Leur table de butin est la même que celle de wyverne => peau, des tonnes de prime et du soufre.

Vous pouvez toujours envoyer HLN-A avec la touche "H" pour le scanner pour vous et montrer sa puissance .

Sur ps4 c'est quel touche pour scanner ?

Tamed 60 x allo and a 80 x rex, not hard to do just takes ruffly 3x the amount tranqs that dododex states and as 4 killing them if u have a x rex allo's are easy as u push bk on them not fought a x rex with mine yet, killed a 45 magmasaur with my m8 with normal arrows not in water they seem rather squishy to me

In my opinion, making the wild dinos stronger is a step in the right direction. That being said, they went WAY too far. Considering the 66% damage resistance, regeneration, bonus damage against your tames, and buffed up stats, X variants are insane... well, until you tame them and they magically lose everything, that is. It's weird, and feels like artificial difficulty.

I mean, raptors were supposed to be stepping stones, really scary the first time you see them but something you can overcome relatively early as you get your first real weapons. And they should be that way, since they are everywhere. In Genesis, raptors are the stuff of nightmares, as all of them seem to be the X variant. And the best thing is how the bog is full of them. Can anyone explain to me how the bog, full of insta-kill x-raptors with 66% damage resistance, is an easy zone while the Ocean, where you spawn in a 100% safe area with no predators, plenty of resources and free hexagons at hand, is hard?

Archived