Genesis: X-creatures

mackyish3r3

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't, but thank the lord someone else has this problem/interest!  I know that the Aberrant dinos all have -4% health and +6% damage, but I dont know about any Genesis ones.  I'll do testing later today and check it out, and try to get back to you.  I need to know this sort of stuff for an admin shop on a server I moderate.

4 hours ago, S3rris said:

I haven't, but thank the lord someone else has this problem/interest!  I know that the Aberrant dinos all have -4% health and +6% damage, but I dont know about any Genesis ones.  I'll do testing later today and check it out, and try to get back to you.  I need to know this sort of stuff for an admin shop on a server I moderate.

I just tested. The hp has a decrease by ~3% and the damage increases by 5%. Same as aberration

X-dinos seem to be more powerful but only when wild, to the point where an wild lvl 55 x-raptor can kill a tamed, saddled lvl 188 tamed x raptor.

I think the point is to make wild dinos something to worry about again. In previous maps, once you got a tamed dino, even at just a medium level, you could stomp on basically any dino of the same species, but x-dinos change that

4 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

X-dinos seem to be more powerful but only when wild, to the point where an wild lvl 55 x-raptor can kill a tamed, saddled lvl 188 tamed x raptor.

I think the point is to make wild dinos something to worry about again. In previous maps, once you got a tamed dino, even at just a medium level, you could stomp on basically any dino of the same species, but x-dinos change that

Yeah, exactly what I keep noticing and hearing from word on the wind. Which I'm honestly all for because it does make it more worthwhile to actually be careful when you go out into the wild. To me I think the thing I loved most about ARK was the danger aspect early game but after I got a bunch of powerful tames, it felt very lackluster in a way? Because I could run around absolutely destroying a massive chunk of the wild dinos save for gigas really. So having X-creatures feels very refreshing and adds an element of caution that is what I feel essential in any true survival game.

3 hours ago, TinyHippo said:

A wild lvl 125 X saber mauled my lvl215 wolf (5k health) today, i found out the hard way not to mess with those X- things.

5 minutes ago, Likeitis said:

A wild lvl 125 X saber mauled my lvl215 wolf (5k health) today, i found out the hard way not to mess with those X- things.

X-dinos seriously are real monsters... 3x less damage from you and your tames, and they do 3x more damage to your tames... Meaning that if the stats are equal, a wild X-dino is 9x as strong as a tamed dino.

And given that all weapon damages have been reduced to if the weapon only had 100% damage, I really don't see how we're supposed to deal with the X-rexes in the volcanic biome, or even the X-allo packs. Tamed rexes have better stats, sure, but not good enough to deal with 2 or 3 wild high level X-rexes or a pack of X-allos.

And this doesn't even get into the real horrer of these things... I tried shooting a lone level 20 X-allo from far away while it was stuck on some rocks, and I used HLN-A to check its stats. It was regenerating health at ~40 health per second, out healing my crossbow.
Crossbows are pretty primitive weapons, sure, but still. 40hps constant heal rate, 3k hp at level 20, (3x damage resistance puts that at effectively 9k hp) and who knows how much damage. That's all before a mate boost. A level 150 mate boosted X-rex... I don't even want to know.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with them? Until we get our weapon damage back, I don't see any effective way other than treating this like some sort of boss battle and bringing a squad of boss fighting dinos, but that doesn't seem very possible due to the narrow paths and lava everywhere.

Well, that was a bit of a rant I guess, but seriously, any ideas? I just want to tame a cool looking allo  ;_;

Oh, maybe you can use a yuty and courage roar some wild X-carnos to join you. Since their still wild, they should have a chance against other wild X-s, even if carnos are weak in comparison to other species

14 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Does anyone have any ideas on how to deal with them? Until we get our weapon damage back, I don't see any effective way other than treating this like some sort of boss battle and bringing a squad of boss fighting dinos, but that doesn't seem very possible due to the narrow paths and lava everywhere.

I usually use lava to my advantage against rexes/allos. Water ponds for magmasaurs... slashed a lvl 15 with a sword... dang thing had 3.5k hp...

13 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

I usually use lava to my advantage against rexes/allos. Water ponds for magmasaurs... slashed a lvl 15 with a sword... dang thing had 3.5k hp...

Lava hurts wilds?
I thought it was like liquid element where wild things could swim as they please in lava.
In fact, I could've sworn I saw a wild stego step in lava and just fine earlier today. It even made water splash sounds.

Good tip on the magmasaur, those guys are pretty common for their strength. Are you saying you succesfully killed one with a sword? Did it stop attacking once in the water or something?

3 minutes ago, TinyHippo said:

Lava hurts wilds?
I thought it was like liquid element where wild things could swim as they please in lava.
In fact, I could've sworn I saw a wild stego step in lava and just fine earlier today. It even made water splash sounds.

Good tip on the magmasaur, those guys are pretty common for their strength. Are you saying you succesfully killed one with a sword? Did it stop attacking once in the water or something?

Lava does hurt wild creatures yes.

Yes I killed him with the sword as it was sluggish and didn't spit fire from any body part while in contact with water. Their loot table is the same as wyvern => hide, tons of prime and some sulfur.

You can always send HLN-A with the "H" key to scan it for you and show its hp.

1 minute ago, Darkholis said:

Lava does hurt wild creatures yes.

Yes I killed him with the sword as it was sluggish and didn't spit fire from any body part while in contact with water. Their loot table is the same as wyvern => hide, tons of prime and some sulfur.

You can always send HLN-A with the "H" key to scan it for you and show its hp.

Yea I know about HLN-A, I also knew that it couldn't use fire abilities while in water, but I hadn't considered its turn radius. You just circled around it safe as could be I guess. Very nice.

I'll keep the 'lava hurts wilds' in mind too, I think that's gonna be my primary way of dealing with the mini-bosses that are X-rexes and X-allos

10 minutes ago, Kraegor said:

To be honest, I am pretty sure one of the devs misplaced a decimal point and instead of a 5% damage resistance they got 50%.

I got the feeling that it's working as intended. They said they would focus on pve, and one of the big things you notice right away in pve is that tamed dinos beat the snot out of wild dinos very easily. X-dinos are a direct solution to keep the game difficult.

Although I do have to say, taming X-dinos, which are much tougher to tame than their vanilla counterparts, is a bit frustrating once you realize that there is no benefit to it being an X-dino post-tame.
I think they should be given some non-combat (so wild X-dinos remain threatening) abilities to give you a reason to tame them. As it stands, there's no reason to tame an X-rex over a tek rex from the lunar biome, or an X-anky over a normal anky in the arctic. For example, the X-anky (volcanic) could slowly cook metal in its inventory, while the X-rex and X-allo (also volcanic) could cook meat in their inventory and receive the same nourishment from cooked meat as they do from raw meat. Or maybe give all of them immunity (or resistance) to fire/lava environmental damage. The X-raptor (bog) could increase the player's visibility while in the bog, or give immunity/resistance to poison effects.
This would give you a reason to tame them while still maintaining wild X-dino supremacy over tamed dinos.

Archived