Sooooo... My house flew away.

Sooooo... My house flew away.

So I spent some time making a flying house in a quetz on solo, I thought it would be a good idea to help explore the map well I set it to roam and went into the house, Idk what happened but I opened a container and glitched out and fell through the floor and my quetz to my death. Now this house I spent hours making is flying around the map somewhere and I haven't been able to catch it. Any suggestions? I'm playing on ps4

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, JNoble said:

If you can get close enough to it, can you whistle it to you? Otherwise, there's admin commands as SnowboundGem mentioned. If you can't use them, could you tame another easy flyer like a Ptera and chase your house down?

I've never chased a house but I love that comment.. had me laughing so much. ?

2 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

I've never chased a house but I love that comment.. had me laughing so much. ?

I didn't want to make fun of the original poster, since I'm sure it's quite annoying to have your house fly away on you... but I was laughing my ass off  at the thought of someone's house flying away. Maybe one of the reasons I never felt the need to tame a Quetz or build on one's platform. ?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, JNoble said:

If you can get close enough to it, can you whistle it to you? Otherwise, there's admin commands as SnowboundGem mentioned. If you can't use them, could you tame another easy flyer like a Ptera and chase your house down?

Tried that, it keeps moving and flying away when I get close, I can't get it to stop or land with whistle commands I've even tried flying above it and dropping onto it but it always seems to turn after I already jumped. I was trying for hours.

I know I could build another one, quite easy using commands (Wich is what I will probably do) just that one I made legit, no commands or creative mode.... I thought I would never say this but I guess my house just ran away lol.

• Haha 1
47 minutes ago, JNoble said:

I didn't want to make fun of the original poster, since I'm sure it's quite annoying to have your house fly away on you... but I was laughing my ass off  at the thought of someone's house flying away. Maybe one of the reasons I never felt the need to tame a Quetz or build on one's platform. ?

Wizard of Oz 

1 hour ago, Mike0440 said:

Tried that, it keeps moving and flying away when I get close, I can't get it to stop or land with whistle commands I've even tried flying above it and dropping onto it but it always seems to turn after I already jumped. I was trying for hours.

I know I could build another one, quite easy using commands (Wich is what I will probably do) just that one I made legit, no commands or creative mode.... I thought I would never say this but I guess my house just ran away lol.

Even if its on wandering, the whistle follow (one) command should get the Quetz to follow you. Just make sure you are looking directly at it when you do the whistle. The all follow and stop whistles could be set to ignored and may be why they are not working.

The other option would be the "playersonly" cheat command. This command freezes everything and only allows players to move. You wont be able to open/close doors, so keep that in mind.