Should I buy Genesis or not?

Z0mbie

Bjr je vous le dit ne le prenez pas des beug on ne peut pas utiliser les Dino volant on peut juste les tamer sa f 2 jour que je n'est pas accès àu jeux à cause de la mise à jour plus de 70 gg pour une carte que je ne voulais pas et en plus une carte qui ne fonctionne pas je vous le déconseille moi à cause de sa je vais perdre tout mes Dino (Xboox) 

The new creatures seem like they are interesting but have only tamed a Megachelon so far and haven't tried building on it yet. The map is broken up into 5 seperate biomes and the only way to move between them is by using HLNA's teleport options. While it brings any nearby tribemembers and tames with you and you can choose between N, NE, E, SE, S, SW, W, and NW in each biome it takes about as long to activate as the teleports that take you to the boss fights on the island. You can't use flying mounts, just says they're disabled but hopefully that's just a bug and not intended behavior as even the argentavis and pterondon that spawn on the map can't be flown. What is not a bug however is the tek suit, All of it except the helmet's vision modes and oxygen underwater and what seems to be a nerfed tek suit run are disabled  It feels like Wildcard's trying to force us to discard what we've relied upon in previous maps and only use what's provided in Genesis.

The posts above seem to cover it pretty well. This DLC feels like it is intended for challenge seekers that are willing to accept a certain rule set to further that. I personally think the new features, creatures, engrams, and biomes are interesting and worth my money. However, I wouldn't consider myself the ideal audience and would have preferred a large, connected map and less (or server setting modifiable) restrictions. It just depends on what you want out of the DLC.

Personally I think this is their worst DLC to date. Visually the map isn't as appealing as previous installments, the spawn animation takes way too long, having to teleport to new biomes os tedious as yet again it takes way too long, barely anywhere you can fly, can't walk into neighbouring biomes like in extinction, being forced to do arcade style mini games in order to progress, very few decent build spots, no new building materials/structures. All in all not worth the wait, the hype nor the £30 paid. Wait until it's on offer as it is by far their best work 6/10 but without the new creatures it would probably be a 4

9 hours ago, Z0mbie said:

Should I buy Genesis or not?

I've played ever 7k hours already so the difficulty doesn't scare me off but is it really worth buying right away or should I hold off and wait for bugs to be fixed or to go on sale? Also, are there a ton of bugs and is it foggy all the time? Thanks in advance for any replies!

Wait and see, first feedbacks aren't feedbacks, it is just first view. Wait one month, some bugs would be fixed, servers more stable, and you'll have real feedbacks.

I have Ark on PS4 and Xbox.

I purchased the Genesis season pass on PS4, but was waiting until pay day to get it on Xbox too.

After playing Genesis part 1 on PS4, I will not be getting the season pass for Xbox.  I don't like part 1.  It's too restrictive, too arcade-gamey and it has stupid missions (throw a dodo throw a hoop, run around the bog - seems to be more like Animal Crossing than Ark Survival).

If Genesis part 2 is more of the open-word, free to do what you want gameplay, then I may get it for Xbox.

As for should you get it, well that's your choice, and it's only you who should make that choice.  But, if I had known what Genesis part 1 was going to be like, I would not have purchased it for my PS4.

Archived