Possible fix for, game graphics look like crap.

Jeremy25738

Graphics are really bad on the highest settings

Hello everyone, I've been having this issue for a couple of months now. I've got my graphics on the highest they can go yet my game still looks pretty average. Especially the water, it looks overly sharpened but I'm not sure whats causing it. I don't have any launch options for Steam or anything affecting that. Specs are: RTX 2080, 16gb ram, i7 8700.

Settings: https://imgur.com/a/KXYETAj

Pictures of in game: https://imgur.com/a/ArUOYwg https://imgur.com/a/1YsuWPL https://imgur.com/a/gZuTZmS

I took those screenshots about a month ago so here is one from earlier today. https://imgur.com/iHbrfRC

Does anyone know a fix for this? 

After an hour of messing around, game graphics look like crap.

Ark has always had it issues, but one thing that has kept me around is beautiful world we get to play in. Now that graphics settings have been raptored up, playing is much less desirable. So far I have spent at least an hour trying to get things adjusted, and distance views are still garbage. I expect problems during a new launch, but this is inexcusable.

@bedbug seems to have found a fix and it also worked for me. Go to your Geforce console and optimize Ark.  You will still need to adjust some things for personal preference, but the Ark should look pretty again.

I probably found the answer, UNDER your screen resolution ingame, there is a sliding bar. It could be that it isn't maxed out, just slide the bar to the far right and it should fix the screen.

I hope this helps everyone, who got all his options reset with the patch for no reason!

EDIT: This only fixed the issue a little, the graphics are still messed up, just not that heavily blurry anymore..

35 minutes ago, Fukushu said:

I probably found the answer, UNDER your screen resolution ingame, there is a sliding bar. It could be that it isn't maxed out, just slide the bar to the far right and it should fix the screen.

I hope this helps everyone, who got all his options reset with the patch for no reason!

This didnt work for me unfortunately. I have amazing detail close up, but beyond 10 feet everything starts to blur. I do suspect it is a resolution issue though. My FPS counter seems a bit larger than normal.

16 minutes ago, bedbug said:

What did help for me was going into my geforce experience and optimizing ark. Not sure why it made such a difference but it did.

Thank you for sharing that, it also worked for me. As for why it helped, I suspect that geforce has better programing to properly sync the resolution for individual monitors and video cards.

what the hell have you broken

i used to play ark at 4k 3840x2160 around 30 fps at mostly epic settinggs, today i'm having to play at 2560x1440 at 14fps with evrything turned either off or lowered, personally i think you should have postponed the launch of genesis until it was ready, and not by breaking the ark u currently have

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Graphic Issues
1 hour ago, Fukushu said:

I downloaded and used gforce experience but the only thing it does is set up your ingame settings. It sadly didn't help me :/  

The game still looks messed up for me :( 

Im curious, did you actually go ahead and optimize. Or did you just assume that because it only changes your ingame settings you wouldnt bother.

@bedbugI spend probably 2+ hours trying to optimize it and bring back my old ARK looks...I also added ARK into my normal NVIDIA settings before without using geforce experience (3D options, Program options/had to do this again because I was forced to reinstall Steam because of the patch).

The only thing geforce experience does it adjust your ingame settings which you can do yourself, if I haven't missed a major part of the program?

I did not get to play Ark Survival Evolved yesterday (wife was off). I log in today and it is horrible. Suddenly it is not in full screen mode and the graphics are really bad. When I look/walk around I feel like I am "sliding" around. There is a grey line running all the way through my screen about halfway up. I had to log out after just a few minutes. To me the game is now unplayable as something is making me dizzy and sick to my stomach and feel like I am getting seizure auras. I have two different types of epilepsy and this is one of the few PC games that I can play because it has great sound cues. (i look away when harvesting and such and the sound tells me when I am done) What has happened??? Please fix!!! I can't not play AT ALL with it like this. Please!!!

Archived