Sorry Wildcard, Genesis map is a big failure.

Qeythos

17 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That analogy is like saying cats prefer the sweet and spicy flavor of dirty arm pit over dogs.

See I can say silly stuff too.

can you say serious stuff as well?  like are we ever going to be able to host our servers again or is that not in the plans?  are they working on it or was it designed that way?  how about this ps4 patch they announced 24 hours ago?  what happened to that?  tell me some serious stuff.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

can you say serious stuff as well?  like are we ever going to be able to host our servers again or is that not in the plans?  are they working on it or was it designed that way?  how about this ps4 patch they announced 24 hours ago?  what happened to that?  tell me some serious stuff.

Couldn’t tell you. 

I don’t develop the game. 

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Couldn’t tell you. 

I don’t develop the game. 

I have been a part of many different forums that were dedicated to certain games. each an every one of those had mods such as yourself, they also had themselves a community manager, the cm always had a line to the developers themselves.  So when questions popped up on the forums the mods would forward that along to the cm who would get answers from the devs,  sometimes the devs themselves would come and answer the questions and even the senior directors, producers,  and director of development would show up and answer questions from time to time.   So what you are telling me is you guys are that disorganized you can't get a single question answered from the developers?  do you not have a community manager for this site?  I can't believe for a minute that this site is that poorly setup. 

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

So when questions popped up on the forums the mods would forward that along to the cm who would get answers from the devs,  sometimes the devs themselves would come and answer the questions

This is a pretty accurate description of the way this site works. 

On 2/27/2020 at 7:59 AM, Qeythos said:

The map itself is too restrictive compared to other maps. Not being able to ride a dino between the biomes like previous maps is a fail. Trying to use HLN-A can be a nightmare as it tends to just zip away most of the time you attempt to interact wih it. Not being able to use flying mounts on an open map is a fail unless it is a bug or locked behind progression. It just doesn't make sense other then function as a brake on the rate at which people can obtain resources. The only thing working on the tek suit is the helmet's vision modes and air, but nothing else? A big, fat, fail. Imposing restrictions rather then building the map to take already existing methods into account is always going to be a fail, regardless of game. This has already been proven plenty of times in the past, just google it, no need to repost it all here. You'd need a library for that much information, not a thread in a forum.

I started a new character in the bog biome and by the time the initial white screen went away and i could see the enviorment my character was pretty much dead, at around 10% health from deadly gas and the infernal insect swarms that are literally everywhere you go. They need to be toned down. You kill one swarm and 3 will take its place in seconds. It also rains 99% of the time and the fog's so thick you can barely see a thing. A real bog doesn't have near-constant rain. All the effects are causing a lot of lag on a standard PS4 without a solid state drive. Of course i could install a solid state drive but if the game won't work smoothly on the hardware that the console came with then it just simply wasn't designed right and needs to be tweaked, end of story. While mounted the game pauses between 2 - 5 seconds every 50 or so feet traveled. Hopefully this will get optimized over time.

So far i have checked out the bog, snow, and ocean biomes and the only place i would even think of building is on the back of a Megachelon and i doubt i'll find much of anything in the volcanic or lunar biomes where i would want to build. Base building is a big part of this game after all yet Genesis clearly wasn't designed with that in mind but instead made to fit only a portion of the playerbase of the game, mostly people who prefer to play PvP but i'm tired of constantly running into people who can't PvP without using glitches, and then calling you trash, in pretty much any game, not just ARK, so i don't play PvP anymore unless it's with friends who i know will play legit. For PvE this map is lacking, a lot. Sure, there are missions to do but i haven't tried any of them yet so can't comment on them. What i have read from other peoples comments on them i don't even know if i want to.

Maybe the same people who made ATLAS made this, would explain why its such a Genefail.

I actually managed to find a decent area to build a base in the ocean biome. It's in the ocean... there's a grid-like cover around it, keeping it dry inside & ironically, I don't normally go into the water often (I started playing the last 2 weeks of Scorched Earth). But, I have my own server now, so I spawned in a tek suit, not knowing most of it's features would be disabled, and went exploring underwater... it's not too far from the East teleport point. I think people are really expected to gather honey (so far found in bog for me) and tame a megachelon to build their base on. 

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

We know exactly how it works.

It just doesn't always work the way some people here want it to.

don't you mean "we are selective about who we help" ? 

the only real difference to what they stated, and what I stated is I refered to it as 'your job', even though you being a moderator is technically a 'job' you obviously don't like it being refered to as that.

TEK and Flyers disabled, are best thing to ever happen.

When you fly ( which most likely all of people who are complaing about small biomes did ), or creative mode. It of course appears small, when you try to walk on the foot or with dino you get a feel that map is really big.

All Genesis biomes are absolutely beautiful, and hard. Which is what I expected them to be. Sure mission area where you can build and where you can't is annoying, but once you find that spot to make a base its not bad. It kinda restricts with cheesy tactics to block dinos with structures. So you gotta approach taming dinos a bit differently.

I like the additions of other resources from past DLC , so if you have engrams from past DLC you can craft everything.

Dino pathfinding also seems to be a bit improved.

I wouldn't really call this map a failure, its a very good and pretty map. A failure you can call Scorched Earth, boring PvE mechanics, lazy and easy dungeons, no ascension or tek-grams. No one even uses dinos from SE ( beside wyvern ). Ext at least gave uses for Mantis.

Genesis mini-maps are more condensed and tight, i like it much more than stretched Ragnarok map. RG might be big, but it lacks details in many areas, like huge dungeon near swamp castle with megalos inside, plain plains in the north part of the map or absolutely boring and lifeless volcano biome.

Easy and best fix for Genesis hexagonal map borders would be just connecting them all together with some crazy-landscaping-creativity. Its a Genesis simulation . . . after all

On 2/26/2020 at 1:59 PM, Qeythos said:

The map itself is too restrictive compared to other maps. Not being able to ride a dino between the biomes like previous maps is a fail. Trying to use HLN-A can be a nightmare as it tends to just zip away most of the time you attempt to interact wih it. Not being able to use flying mounts on an open map is a fail unless it is a bug or locked behind progression. It just doesn't make sense other then function as a brake on the rate at which people can obtain resources. The only thing working on the tek suit is the helmet's vision modes and air, but nothing else? A big, fat, fail. Imposing restrictions rather then building the map to take already existing methods into account is always going to be a fail, regardless of game. This has already been proven plenty of times in the past, just google it, no need to repost it all here. You'd need a library for that much information, not a thread in a forum.

I started a new character in the bog biome and by the time the initial white screen went away and i could see the enviorment my character was pretty much dead, at around 10% health from deadly gas and the infernal insect swarms that are literally everywhere you go. They need to be toned down. You kill one swarm and 3 will take its place in seconds. It also rains 99% of the time and the fog's so thick you can barely see a thing. A real bog doesn't have near-constant rain. All the effects are causing a lot of lag on a standard PS4 without a solid state drive. Of course i could install a solid state drive but if the game won't work smoothly on the hardware that the console came with then it just simply wasn't designed right and needs to be tweaked, end of story. While mounted the game pauses between 2 - 5 seconds every 50 or so feet traveled. Hopefully this will get optimized over time.

So far i have checked out the bog, snow, and ocean biomes and the only place i would even think of building is on the back of a Megachelon and i doubt i'll find much of anything in the volcanic or lunar biomes where i would want to build. Base building is a big part of this game after all yet Genesis clearly wasn't designed with that in mind but instead made to fit only a portion of the playerbase of the game, mostly people who prefer to play PvP but i'm tired of constantly running into people who can't PvP without using glitches, and then calling you trash, in pretty much any game, not just ARK, so i don't play PvP anymore unless it's with friends who i know will play legit. For PvE this map is lacking, a lot. Sure, there are missions to do but i haven't tried any of them yet so can't comment on them. What i have read from other peoples comments on them i don't even know if i want to.

first off, the map is not too restrictive. yes it restricts building, but this is to prevent trolls and grievers. i like the idea of divided biomes, its a simulation . i have had no problem using HLN-A, so you must be doing something wrong. i am neutral on fliers as it has its advantages and disadvantages, however they have countered this with blood stalkers and feroxes. the tek suit was disabled to again prevent game braking. honestly i think flying all together is disabled on genesis. get over it, it adds a challenge, if you dont like it enable flying if you are playing single player.this DLC is supposed to be a challenge for verteran players, so dont be surprised if you are killed multiple times, hell i have seen veteran youtubers die alot in vids, i am going to also assume you are somewhat new or a noob. none of the biomes are safe. i cant comment on the running quality as i have not experienced it on PS4 only PC and Xbox. "What i have read from other peoples comments on them i don't even know if i want to." the missions are awesome. they are so much fun. ark is a hard enough game as is. genesis is a whole new level of hard. my advice, get gud then play genesis. or keep playin till you get it right.

Completely agree. Just a really bad, xpac. Re-used biomes, re-skinned dinos with nothing more than an 'X' before the name, glitches, bugs everywhere, just not worthy. People are such suckers. 'OMG....look! A new dinos!' Lame. Horrendous implementation. People are mad because game-breaking bugs are all over the place. Well.........it is from WC. Did anyone expect anything  else? Mostly kids defending the mess. Adults know when something is poorly done and, admit it. Stick to unofficial servers with mods. That's the only reason this game has survived and, it's the only thing that makes it worth playing. My advice is to skip Genesis and wait and, hope they get the message and..........some day, fix it.

1 hour ago, Diggs said:

Completely agree. Just a really bad, xpac. Re-used biomes, re-skinned dinos with nothing more than an 'X' before the name, glitches, bugs everywhere, just not worthy. People are such suckers. 'OMG....look! A new dinos!' Lame. Horrendous implementation. People are mad because game-breaking bugs are all over the place. Well.........it is from WC. Did anyone expect anything  else? Mostly kids defending the mess. Adults know when something is poorly done and, admit it. Stick to unofficial servers with mods. That's the only reason this game has survived and, it's the only thing that makes it worth playing. My advice is to skip Genesis and wait and, hope they get the message and..........some day, fix it.

You are entitled to your opinion and I'm fine with it.

However, I have a problem with that statement of yours (in bold). As if only kids would support the DLC and WildCard... As far as I'm concerned, you bought and played the actual game after all, so maybe you should think again before labeling players....

You don't like the DLC? Fine. That's your right.
You want to share your experience and argue? Back it up with facts.
Want to report a bug? Please do so, and do not forget to tell them how to reproduce it.

Simply coming here and bitching is what kids usually does.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:37 AM, Castlerock said:
On 2/28/2020 at 2:38 AM, Rezman said:
I can live with the hard content, I can live with the no flying.  What I hate though is how they did the biomes.  The teleporting between them is just dumb.  As others have said, sometimes your tamed dinos don't go with you, other times they just vanish.  I've resorted to using the Awesome Teleporter mod to move between biomes and make sure I keep dino trackers on all my dinos incase they up and vanish.
Sure teleport to and from the moon but the others you should be able to walk from one to another.  The biomes worked well in Extinction, repeat that method.

The biomes on ext are proto-arks, not the same as those on genesis. Their dome shields are only to provide a holographic image of the outside and protect the inside from the meteors.

I realize that.  I think it was a much better way of doing it.  They could have expanded on it some.  

6 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

You are wentitled to your opinion and I'm fine with it.

However, I have a problem with that statement of yours (in bold). As if only kids would support the DLC and WildCard... As far as I'm concerned, you bought and played the actual game after all, so maybe you should think again before labeling players....

You don't like the DLC? Fine. That's your right.
You want to share your experience and argue? Back it up with facts.
Want to report a bug? Please do so, and do not forget to tell them how to reproduce it.

Simply coming here and bitching is what kids does usually.

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I didn't play it. That is exactly how I came to my conclusion. At no time did I state anything referencing those purchasing. I believe I stated, " Mostly kids defending the mess. Adults know when something is poorly done and, admit it."  I stand by my statement. But, I shall expound further to clarify for you. Most adults gain experience and, judgement skills through life experience and, know when something is wrong, unsatisfactory, etc. and, can generally, readily acknowledge it. Kids(children, pre-adolescents, teens) tend to react emotionally without forethought and, with little disregard to more than, "This is what I want, this is when I want it, you're going to give it to me now, etc." Whereas, someone with experience can look at a thing and understand, it's just bad. 

I did state the facts. It's just bad. That's from experience(playing it). Just my opinion? Maybe. An opinion shared by plenty of others judging from comments in this thread and, many other places. As far as someone being offended by my statement? Okay. No biggie. Everyone's offended by everything these days. 

You also assumed I've never reported bugs. All these assumptions offend me. I did give my opinion. We'll live. Carry on.

7 minutes ago, Diggs said:

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I didn't play it.

Never said you didn't played it. Might want to read again.

8 minutes ago, Diggs said:

I did state the facts. It's just bad. That's from experience(playing it). Just my opinion? Maybe. An opinion shared by plenty of others judging from comments in this thread and, many other places. As far as someone being offended by my statement? Okay. No biggie. Everyone's offended by everything these days.

Yeah, but being a customer still doesn't give you the right the label other players for not having the same opinion as yours.

10 minutes ago, Diggs said:

You also assumed I've never reported bugs. All these assumptions offend me.

I never assumed anything. Once again, might want to read again there.

4 hours ago, Diggs said:

X creatures have increased melee and decreased HP, wild ones have more resistance making them a real threat, they are not reskins.

3 hours ago, Diggs said:

Not sure how you came to the conclusion that I didn't play it. That is exactly how I came to my conclusion. At no time did I state anything referencing those purchasing. I believe I stated, " Mostly kids defending the mess. Adults know when something is poorly done and, admit it."  I stand by my statement. But, I shall expound further to clarify for you. Most adults gain experience and, judgement skills through life experience and, know when something is wrong, unsatisfactory, etc. and, can generally, readily acknowledge it. Kids(children, pre-adolescents, teens) tend to react emotionally without forethought and, with little disregard to more than, "This is what I want, this is when I want it, you're going to give it to me now, etc." Whereas, someone with experience can look at a thing and understand, it's just bad. 

You also assumed I've never reported bugs. All these assumptions offend me. I did give my opinion. We'll live. Carry on.

i know alot of adults on here who 

"This is what I want, this is when I want it, you're going to give it to me now, etc."

infact adults tend to be more entitled sometimes as they complain about there money and other stupid stuff. get over yourself man.

So as an official small tribes pvp player let me react to genesis.

The new biomes and creatures are great and I think thats about it on the good side of things.

First of all classic WC launch disaster delayed last sec then server maintenence every half hour.

Every clown crying about its hard is just bob insect swarm legit died in 15 sec to torch begore nerf.

Every pve player stating pocket tek tp is great is actually mental.

Everyone crying about its no flyer honestly I dont even understand the problem. Aberation is no flyer and it works great.

Ohhh and I just started. Anyone who thinks this map wasnt made for pve never played more than 10min pvp. Legit theres 0 basespot on the map for pvp. The lunar caves are trash in others you cant build cose PVE missions. Pillars randomly take 6 time dmg cose why the fck not I guess.

The misson system is laughable they not just blocked all the map but at launch some of them are impossible like manta race beta+.

The hexagon shop is probably some pve sht I dont understand no pvp player asked for it.

So thats about it I hope everyone who argues its pvp map cose you can place 2 hvy on astrocetus is just doing it for the memes.

Archived