Sorry Wildcard, Genesis map is a big failure.

Qeythos

29 minutes ago, PELIC said:

Not entirely sure what folks are going on about, Genesis is FAR easier to level on than the other maps.

Default XP ramp is 3.1343 on the others, put that in manually for Genesis, my lvl 80 Character was suddenly lvl 50.

One round of "Bog Beatdown" = 42 levels when I first started playing Genesis, although that may have been downtweaked a bit.

X-Raptors don't pounce and pin, so Kaprosuchus and Sarco are the most dangerous things in the bog, the insect swarms are manageable with a torch (make 3 to carry around, repair them when you get home), and you can build inside of the "hollow trees", which means far less materials needed to "dry in" your base.

So far, the hardest start I've had on any Ark map was Aberration, this is a cakewalk.

The eels don't knock you off your mount anymore

Drowning is near impossible

centipedes don't break your gear the second they spit at you anymore

The game has been so dumbed down it's ridiculous.   Pretty much everything has been made easier.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mission : Search the Fro-Zone (Alpha)

The time is ridiculous. Especially for reaching the last zone, simply flying around/over the mountain requires so much time that you end up with 30 seconds left to collect 8 points.
And that's with multiple people being prepared for the zones. Only way to pull this off is starting all together and sending people to the dedicated zones.
Good luck doing this solo or without fliers.

mission: Spy vs Spino (Alpha)

750 / bite, seriously? What kind of dinosaur is supposed to survive this?
Reducing our damage to 10% of normal is just insane. How do you expect us to even kill this thing in the given time limit?

mission: Along came Pollen (Alpha)

Same problem : The amount of damage taken and done is just completely out of whack.
We hit for a measily 40 damage per hit and take up to 250 from the Spino's in the final section.
They are impossible to kill with 100% imprinted dino's

the biggest pblm in this kapro race ? when u go out from water what happen ? u just jump exactly where u are wich make u loose at the end the 10 sec u would need to finnish it ................... HOW DID U DO TO NOT FIX THIS OUTWATER JUMP FROM THE START OF THE GAME LIKE 5 YEARS AGO ??????????? even happen on foot is it that complicate so they dont do sh...t ????? pissed off by devs it seems they just did it for this reason !!!!!

Took me a while to find my posts back...

Mosasaurus taming

They are basically untameable on the Genesis map. They're all of the X variant.
According to the Dododex, you need roughly 200 harpoon shots to knock one out.
We shot 50 arrows into one and gained 3% torpor only on one. Given the taming difficulties in the ocean zone, what do you expect from us Wildcard?

You can't be one minute without being attacked in this zone by either sharks, anglerfish or eels.
Sometimes the mosasaur gets stuck and you can shoot a few more arrows in until it escaped.
The damage is around 30-49 per shot using mastercraft harpoon guns.

I get official servers are in clusters and everyone can bring in their ascended stuff, collected over the past years.
But this is simply ridiculous for small tribes and people jumping in with a fresh start.

6 hours ago, Olivar said:

Took me a while to find my posts back...

Mosasaurus taming

They are basically untameable on the Genesis map. They're all of the X variant.
According to the Dododex, you need roughly 200 harpoon shots to knock one out.
We shot 50 arrows into one and gained 3% torpor only on one. Given the taming difficulties in the ocean zone, what do you expect from us Wildcard?

You can't be one minute without being attacked in this zone by either sharks, anglerfish or eels.
Sometimes the mosasaur gets stuck and you can shoot a few more arrows in until it escaped.
The damage is around 30-49 per shot using mastercraft harpoon guns.

I get official servers are in clusters and everyone can bring in their ascended stuff, collected over the past years.
But this is simply ridiculous for small tribes and people jumping in with a fresh start.

Build a few behemoth gates and trap it against the forcefield wall that leads into one of the underwater caves. Then you can shoot it with shock darts while standing inside the cave.

That being said WC went way over the top with the torpor reduction for some of the x dinos. The Dunkleosteus is also a ridiculous pain in the arse to KO

Right,

Spent some time on Geneis map now and here is my few pointers.

+ The art people has done an amazing job, love how the bioms look and the new skins for the dinos, really fantastic work!
+ HLNA store - nice to have since its close to impossible to otherwise get anywhere with gearing up and base building.
* HLNA scan - great stuff, to bad it doesnt work on other maps.

- Missions, utter and total failure for most parts. Did you people even playtest the missions on EACH difficulty on a server with high ping? I seriously doubt that anyone can complete all alpha missions on a official server with +40 players. On ice fishing (Alpha) you dont even get the fish to bite enough times to finish the mission, and I sat for 2 hrs trying without success. Another annoyance is that you keep getting attacked by mobs when you do these "peaceful" missions.
- Loot - absolutely poop drops form the missions on alpha, the loot crate from HLNA is just a joke, the most expensive one, 35k hexagons, I get a bloody tek pants bp. WHY?
- BPs is rare and apparently only dropping on a regular basis from fishing - to get a fishingpole I have to kill some alpha squid or mos. GG, really accessible for the average Joe (NOT).
- THE BLOODY LAG. Really? I though Valgero was bad but Genesis is like 20 times worse - really.
- Teleportation - If you are to restrict flying, atleast get the ******* teleport to work reliable. You rarely end up where you wanted or with the dino(s) you wanted.
- Ocean platforms, why was (is?) it possible to place them in mission areas, or partly in mission areas or so close to another players platform so you cant build full out on your own, should not be possible at all, its just FUBAR.
- Placing electric wiring on platforms is also a joke as you get "its to high from ground" - really? Muppets.
- Swap "easy" area? Are you .......... kidding me.

Summary - If I had know about these problems in advance, I'd NEVER bought the season pass. From my experience, I've been a gamer since 1980s and this is close to one of the worst gaming experiences I've had - and I've played plenty of games over the +40 years of gaming. Genesis was clearly released to early,  its not far from being a new (you know what I am mean with falling out '76) pre-released failure.

From friends who was in already in BETA, there are still bugs that WC have not yet adressed or fixed - some 5 years later. 

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, DeNordain said:

Right,

Spent some time on Geneis map now and here is my few pointers.

+ The art people has done an amazing job, love how the bioms look and the new skins for the dinos, really fantstic work!
+ HLNA store - nice to have since its close to impossible to otherwise get anywhere with gearing up and base building.
* HLNA scan - great stuff, to bad it doesnt work on other maps.

- Missions, utter and total failure for most parts. Did you people even playtest the missions on EACH difficulty on a server with high ping? I seriously doubt that anyone can complete all alpha missions on a official server with +40 players. On ice fishing (Alpha) you dont even get the fish to bite enogh times to finish the mission, and I sat for 2 hrs trying without success. Another annoyance is that you keep getting attacked by mobs when you do these "peaceful" missions.
- Loot - absulutely poope drops form the missions on alpha, the loot crate from HLNA is just a joke, the most expensive one, 35k hexagons, I get a bloody tek pants bp. WHY?
- BPs is rare and apparently only dropping on a regular basis from fishing - to get a fishingpole I have to kill some alpha squid or mos. GG, really accessable for the average Joe (NOT).
- THE BLOODY LAG. Really? I though Valgero was bad but Genesis is like 20 times worse - really.
- Teleportation - If you are to restrict flying, atleast get the ******* teleport to work reliable. You rarely end up where you wanted or with the dino(s) you wanted.
- Ocean platforms, why was (is?) it possible to place them in mission areas, or partly in mission areas or so close to another players platform so you can build full out on your own, should not be possible at all, its just FUBAR.
- Placing electric wiring on platforms is also a joke as you get "its to high from ground" - really? Muppets.
- Swap "easy" area? Are you .......... kidding me.

Summary - If I had know about these problems in advance, I'd NEVER bought the season pass. From my experience, I've been a gamer since 1980s and this is close to one of the worst gaming experiences I've had - and I've played plenty of games over the +40 years of gaming. Genesis was clearly released to early,  its not far from being a new (you know what I am mean with falling out '76) pre-released failure.

From friends who was in already in BETA, there are still buggs that WC have not yet adressed or fixed - some 5 years later. 

I would bet if you found every grammar and spelling error in this post you would understand how bugs make it into games. 

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I would bet if you found every grammar and spelling error in this post you would understand how bugs make it into games. 

Oh, I a few bugs is acceptable, but it feels like with each patch or new addition to the game, more bugs appears. Its the shere number of bugs that amazes me. As for spelling errors, I am not english speaking nativly so pardon me.

11 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I would bet if it was his job and he got PAID to make that post he would have checked his spelling, grammar and made sure it was as error free as possible.  And if not, I am more than sure one of the dozens of other PAID employees whos job it is to make sure it was free of spelling and grammar mistakes would have caught them and fixed it.  If not then I guess they are all really really bad at their jobs huh?

14 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Build a few behemoth gates and trap it against the forcefield wall that leads into one of the underwater caves. Then you can shoot it with shock darts while standing inside the cave.

That being said WC went way over the top with the torpor reduction for some of the x dinos. The Dunkleosteus is also a ridiculous pain in the arse to KO

We tried, really but it just didn't work out for us at all.
They definitely went over the top with the torpor reduction on these dinosaurs.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:56 PM, Noa said:

From my first impact developing second part of simulated simulation in simulated world is waste of time,  dev resources and players patience.

They should concentrate their efforts on fixing bugs   and planning new dlc with old school map as we used to know.

Lol fixing bugs? I think you have the wrong development studio.

On 3/25/2020 at 1:04 PM, Olivar said:

We tried, really but it just didn't work out for us at all.
They definitely went over the top with the torpor reduction on these dinosaurs.

Agreed. The first few weeks I tried to tame an X Dunk and finally gave up. It's just not fun or a worthwhile expenditure of my time.

It's more than that.
Everything in this new DLC is becoming more of a frustration every single day.
The same problem as with Extinction, it's too unbalanced, there's not enough fixes/changes going on to address this, and at the end of the day it just pisses of people in my tribe, refusing to play or even invest time/effort to achieve goals.

Everything is always tweaked for purely their official servers, and even that is questionable.
There's basically no explanation on how to tweak and configure stuff there's no possibility to make small changes to certain settings.
It's constantly "go big or go home" in even the smallest things you're trying to accomplish.

Ark was fun when it launched, up to Aberration.
These days....I'm questioning why I'm even playing it anymore.

besides all the bugs, i wish there is a way to balance the missions in singleplayer.

on singleplayer i dont have people helping me

or did any of you guys manage to beat some alpha missions in singleplayer?

i manage the beta bog beatdown one time , but my character hase around 50% better stats than on offical and even higher movement speed

1 hour ago, Ultradmb said:

besides all the bugs, i wish there is a way to balance the missions in singleplayer.

on singleplayer i dont have people helping me

or did any of you guys manage to beat some alpha missions in singleplayer?

i manage the beta bog beatdown one time , but my character hase around 50% better stats than on offical and even higher movement speed

Yeah good luck on that. Even with a small group we struggle to beat Beta ones....

23 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Yeah good luck on that. Even with a small group we struggle to beat Beta ones....

i can only speak for myself and for the singleplayer but to do this I mindwiped myself for 200 movementspeed , so i can outspeed the enemys and have time to run backwards and shoot the enemys.

but i struggle with the time on beta against the boss, I had to go full in with the flametrower and spam med brews and stimulats.

i dont know if the 50% more playerdamage against dinos work in missions.

but alpha is impossible in singleplayer for sure

but i have heard mindwipe on offical is bugged and i dont even know if you can get around 200 movement speed

On 2/27/2020 at 3:24 AM, Qeythos said:

Eviga has it right. These are the reasons the map is a failure. The restrictions imposed to force us to rely mostly on the items/creatures Genesis provides and not being able to use a lot of the tames and items from previous maps. Not the difficulty, that's expected although being at around 10% health by the time you can take your first step is simply too much. You should at the very least have a chance to survive the initial spawn.

I hate when people call it a "failure"

Yet we have extinction and scorched earth which are honestly worse, ESPECIALLY scorched earth considering there basically is no point to buying the damn thing other than a new map, at least genesis offers stuff to make it worth buying.

The one thing I don't like at all however is the fact we can't buy them separately, like they knew it was experimental for gameplay experience yet they made it required to have to buy the season pass instead of letting us be able to buy them separately.

5 hours ago, Scribelord said:

I hate when people call it a "failure"

Yet we have extinction and scorched earth which are honestly worse, ESPECIALLY scorched earth considering there basically is no point to buying the damn thing other than a new map, at least genesis offers stuff to make it worth buying.

The one thing I don't like at all however is the fact we can't buy them separately, like they knew it was experimental for gameplay experience yet they made it required to have to buy the season pass instead of letting us be able to buy them separately.

They sold the DLC as a package deal because they knew Gen 1 was going to be a mess back at the end of last year. Might as well get as much bang for your buck as you can out of an unfinished unpolished and straight up broken DLC.

to be honest, The creature I'm most dissapointed about was the astrocetus. yeah it has a tek saddle with some guns and bombs which is cool.But the fact that i have to go fight an alpha boss to get eough element for two minutes of firiing is really annoying.And the warp is a HUGE dissapointment.You can hardly call this thing a warping battle ship when you warp about 15 metres.So overall I feel that was a pretty bum development and thata they really need to balance the creature out.Because its All well and good  having cool turrets on an animal.BUt when those turrets need at least 300 element EACH for them to take out like a titanosaur, then really whats the point

Genesis is lame ! bye genisis !

This DLC is a bad joke. Im leaving genisis. Stop messing around with gamers : Nearly impossible to get blueprints, impossible to pass certain missions, pathching is dedicated for useless Ferox which are btw totally lame.

useless loots What am i supposed to do with my hard earned ascendant quetzal saddles ? Send it to you ?

Broken Teleport ? Teleport spawn ending killzones ? Teleport landing location switched every weeks?

I could have understand if the game was new, come on that's not the case...

Modifications on the loot crates was the last bad taunting i can stand.

If you wanted to make the game that hard, just put invincible dino roaming and destroying the map. It would fit perfectly with that meaningless load of  B***s**ts.

Even Sadder considering the map was good looking and removing flyiers was a bold but wise move.

Good work and bye dumb devs.

From a 1000+ hours player

Archived