Sorry Wildcard, Genesis map is a big failure.

Qeythos

Seriously tossing slams accomplishes nothing gentleman, which is what i will again state what i posted ITS MY OPINION based on my game play not someone else's not any you tubers mine and mine alone, and whether i or someone else plays pvp/pve or solo has nothing to do with it, your free to offer a opinion of your own but make it about the game and its pros and cons, i did not place this on here to get people into pissing matches, nor should any have to justify themselves to others for the way they play.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Angelcanon said:

Seriously tossing slams accomplishes nothing gentleman, which is what i will again state what i posted ITS MY OPINION based on my game play not someone else's not any you tubers mine and mine alone, and whether i or someone else plays pvp/pve or solo has nothing to do with it, your free to offer a opinion of your own but make it about the game and its pros and cons, i did not place this on here to get people into pissing matches, nor should any have to justify themselves to others for the way they play.

i love your point, but i dont like people like afk discriminating others. i am fine with people not liking the map. but they have to be legit reasons, not just because they dont like the creatures, or that the biomes are too hard, or the biomes are not built well. if someone is going to complain about a map, it should be about something like bugs, glitches, meshing. stuff that actually ruins the game for everyone. so what if you die 100 times in the bog, so what if the missions aren't your cup of tea, so what you dont like the creatures or no build zones. grow a pair of balls and suck it up.

4 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i dont assume everyone does that, but arks official PvP servers are loaded with that kind of stuff. hell your an example of a toxic player. calling someone a moron because they stated the truth about arks community. i stopped playing official a long time ago, but that doe snot mean i dont know what the servers are like. i also know PvP ark players are making sad sob videos on how genesis is broken but like you they only play PvP. i on the other hand preffer to watch players who play both PvP and PvE as they have the best understanding and veiw of the game. that is why your post is pointless as hell. because i can tell you are a PvP is everything player. which is also most likely why you are so toxic.

how exactly do my post show i am a PvE player. i like to consider both modes when it comes to updates. 

Actually that's exactly what you did haha. Less nonsensical rambling on video game forums, more learning the definition of simple words like "assumption" & "discrimination" This isn't your safe space. If you spew toxic rhetoric out and can't handle the criticism, I'd advise somewhere else to do your incoherent ranting. You're also replying to the wrong people about something someone else said. :)

for those who are complaining about genesis in terms of 

.its to hard to survive

. i dont like a game new game mechanic

. i dont like the new creatures

. its not suited for one game mode more than the other

. i dont like new concepts and ideas that brings a whole new dimension to the game like the missions

if you are someone who is using these reasons as a way to complain about genesis then you are an entitled and dull minded. you wanna complain about a game , i am fine with that. but dont go getting angry at WC for something that is not their fault. you choose to complain about not being able to ride fliers, that's fine, but because its something that was intended and is a feature of the game and not a bug, glitch or other unintended issue does not give you the right to bash WC. thats your problem. therefore you have to find a way to deal with it. however lucky for this "problem" there is a solution, just activate flier riding for genesis. instead of sitting around and complaining about a problem, deal with it and either fix it or find a way to deal with it. if ignorantly choose to just sit there, whine and complain about something. then WC dont have to do anything. the difference between complaining about bugs and glitches and complaining about an aspect of the game that you dont like. is that one of them is an actual problem, the other is something you choose to make a problem.

Genesis has it's pros and cons. I really liked the ark story, but now we have a simulation of a simulation, simulation game? Idk, but I've treated it more as a gauntlet rather than the open world maps we've had. Go in with a mindset of f#*&ing sh*t up for pvp or pve rather than trying to establish yourself on these maps you'll have a better time. I spent a majority of my time in the bog trying to gear up and tackle the missions and find the glitches instead of trying to cultivate something. *Spoiler*

One of the glitches does say something about these simulations preparing you for 'The Arrival' so perhaps come gen part 2 all these confined and restricted mini zones could be tastes of an actual map. Just my own theory though.

28 minutes ago, Arkitech said:

Genesis has it's pros and cons. I really liked the ark story, but now we have a simulation of a simulation, simulation game? Idk, but I've treated it more as a gauntlet rather than the open world maps we've had. Go in with a mindset of f#*&ing sh*t up for pvp or pve rather than trying to establish yourself on these maps you'll have a better time. I spent a majority of my time in the bog trying to gear up and tackle the missions and find the glitches instead of trying to cultivate something. *Spoiler*

One of the glitches does say something about these simulations preparing you for 'The Arrival' so perhaps come gen part 2 all these confined and restricted mini zones could be tastes of an actual map. Just my own theory though.

By going off what they posted on their twitter, they don't have much of an idea what genesis 2 will even be like yet.

On 2/27/2020 at 9:24 AM, Qeythos said:

Eviga has it right. These are the reasons the map is a failure. The restrictions imposed to force us to rely mostly on the items/creatures Genesis provides and not being able to use a lot of the tames and items from previous maps. Not the difficulty, that's expected although being at around 10% health by the time you can take your first step is simply too much. You should at the very least have a chance to survive the initial spawn.

Ugh yes! They should at least make it so when you travel to other biomes, you're in a safe spot where you wont get munched on by everything the big has to offer. Lost 230 blood packs yesterday by spawning in, getting attacked by sarcos kapros and bary's, died with one bary left and when I got back to my bag everything was gone bar my implant. An hour of my life I prepped by making blood packs arrows and grapples, armor and weapons only for it to be gone as soon as I travel to bog North. If they fix anything, I really hope it's this.

Ark was built as an open world platform. A multilayer experience. Genesis takes that all away.  If they had not been tight lipped about genesis there would have been less pre purchased packs... i know our tribe would not have purchased it.  Wildcard needs to step up thier communication game and keep the fans in mind.  We have been here since the earliest access alpha days...we have been through the bugs, glitches, delays...but after this complete fail our tribe is definately NOT going to pre purchase any more seasons passes or map packets.. This was a complete waste of money....

On 3/5/2020 at 8:44 AM, Kodking194 said:

i am fine with people not liking the map. but they have to be legit reasons, 

it should be about something like bugs, glitches, meshing. stuff that actually ruins the game for everyone.

So, people are only allowed to dislike this dlc if they actually thinks the whole setup sucks? Only if there are bugs and such?

You're obviously not fine with people disliking this dlc.

On 2/26/2020 at 10:59 PM, Qeythos said:

I am Agree 10000% Whit you. BIG fail
Arrberation Fail hand ful like it "Glyders only, underground fantasy nonsens"
Extinction Fail  Hand full like it. . Bored ash fuk,  Dino spwan in an base and allot nonsens

- Studio  wildcard is a Bad storyline. Instead of Story from Map(DLC)  1 to 2 3 4 5 6 7 whatever.
- GPU Graphic Card Eater You need a super PC.
- Bad solver Years and years
- Poor communication with gammers.
what they want and do not. is not communicated about

The Mod creators do better job and more beautiful maps(dlc)  Then studio wildcard. FAQ

How every the geninsis Hype were for shrt time. ? 

Same fail ash Atlas from studio wildcard a hand full play it.  

What can I say about it deal with it and don`t buy new seasons pass, before you know what is it and in it. 

Why is anyone paying £35 for this?  Cdkeys.com have it for £11

Map is visually impressive, but the fact is there are very few PVE base building locations. Arctic for example, looks like it was designed in 20 minutes, whereas Volcano and Lunar look epic, but there is almost nowhere to build (large base with dino pen etc)

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, sdamaged said:

Why is anyone paying £35 for this?  Cdkeys.com have it for £11

Map is visually impressive, but the fact is there are very few PVE base building locations. Arctic for example, looks like it was designed in 20 minutes, whereas Volcano and Lunar look epic, but there is almost nowhere to build (large base with dino pen etc)

Genesis is a simulation, it's not designed for large bases and dino pens.

1 hour ago, GP said:

Genesis is a simulation, it's not designed for large bases and dino pens.

yet the build limit allows for large bases and dino pens.  The build limit seems to be the same as any other map, yet there is seriously less building space for the people who join and play.   Another oversight by Wildcard?  not intending there to be large bases but not reducing the build limit?

I disagree that the map is a failure. It is a success as evidenced by the new player records being set by Wildcard. It seems most of the complaints provided were based on user error and unfamiliarity with the map and game.

I have spent 40+ hours on Genesis and over 6k hours in Ark. I am familiar with all of the Genesis biomes and have a presence in each.

HLNA is a neat addition to the Genesis series and missions are a lot of fun and mix up the gameplay. HLNA is easy to use and the ability to teleport both dinos and your character to different biomes more than makes up for the fact that the biomes are not connected. The HLNA store is great for when you’re starting and takes away much of the slog of the initial grind.

Genesis biomes are not easy for new players. If you are a new player with a few hundred hours, you’re going to want to team up with some other players to get established. If the only place you’re considering living is on a turtle, perhaps the survival genre is not right for you.

The Bog’s fog and rain are persistent, but they pose no problem for even a last generation standard gaming PC. If you’re experiencing frame rate issues with your PS4, my best advice is to place the PS4 in the nearest approved garbage receptacle and invest in a PC. If you plan to continue playing Ark, you will thank me for this recommendation later. 

If you need any further help in your Ark survival, please feel free to message me. Good luck survivor!

—Dragon RedDawn

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

yet the build limit allows for large bases and dino pens.  The build limit seems to be the same as any other map, yet there is seriously less building space for the people who join and play.   Another oversight by Wildcard?  not intending there to be large bases but not reducing the build limit?

Why would they need to reduce building limit? It makes no difference whether they keep it the same as other maps or reduce it.

You seriously using that non-issue as your case for disagreement? ?

On 3/6/2020 at 1:34 AM, Kodking194 said:

for those who are complaining about genesis in terms of 

.its to hard to survive

. i dont like a game new game mechanic

. i dont like the new creatures

. its not suited for one game mode more than the other

. i dont like new concepts and ideas that brings a whole new dimension to the game like the missions

if you are someone who is using these reasons as a way to complain about genesis then you are an entitled and dull minded. you wanna complain about a game , i am fine with that. but dont go getting angry at WC for something that is not their fault. you choose to complain about not being able to ride fliers, that's fine, but because its something that was intended and is a feature of the game and not a bug, glitch or other unintended issue does not give you the right to bash WC. thats your problem. therefore you have to find a way to deal with it. however lucky for this "problem" there is a solution, just activate flier riding for genesis. instead of sitting around and complaining about a problem, deal with it and either fix it or find a way to deal with it. if ignorantly choose to just sit there, whine and complain about something. then WC dont have to do anything. the difference between complaining about bugs and glitches and complaining about an aspect of the game that you dont like. is that one of them is an actual problem, the other is something you choose to make a problem.

There are times where the intended feature is bad. I'm gonna exaggerate here, if they decided to put gigas in the beaches of the island to make it harder than it is intended but the fact that they kept it there is bad, just an example tho.

On 3/6/2020 at 4:38 AM, Arkitech said:

I dunno, was hoping we would go back to earth since the cutscene showed earth became livable again and then rockwell starts speaking in the background (if you defeat alpha titan)

On 3/4/2020 at 11:57 PM, SLlCK said:

So remove even more of the very limited building zones?  Like I said, this map was not thought out very well.  Seems to be a very thrown together map.

Fine keep the building the way it is just make a small slice of land that you teleport in a safe zone. Although I can see people eventually boxing in spawn points.

I think the map itself is the one of the best ones yet but the mechanics of spawning in are beyond broken so the map design suffers from it.

On 2/27/2020 at 2:06 AM, Eviga said:

Dude it is not the fact that easy means "hard as raptor" in genesis language. It is the facts that make genesis poop:

No flying

Insect swarms 24/7

Forced to quick travel than by your own

Almost NO Place to build

Giant Turtle is a dwarf 

And so on, and so on. I Think we are Ark gamers and therefore can Deal with difficulty. In the case of Genesis it is way more why ALMOST EVERYONE says that this is complete garbage.

Being only visually stunning doesnt make the content great. 

I agree with this. The teleport travel via the robot on this map is very buggy and very slow very not needed. 

I also wish to point out that this is the first time we have seen wildcard bring in a "Currency" which I fear will lead to them attempting to monetize their game even further by making very important materials even harder to obtain while selling you "Hex Packs" so that you can spend real money for materials that they've made extremely hard to gather.

That Hex Coin system is a step in a very dangerous direction.

3 hours ago, DragonRedDawn said:

The Bog’s fog and rain are persistent, but they pose no problem for even a last generation standard gaming PC. If you’re experiencing frame rate issues with your PS4, my best advice is to place the PS4 in the nearest approved garbage receptacle and invest in a PC. If you plan to continue playing Ark, you will thank me for this recommendation later. 

I would pay $2500 for a ps4 before I spent a dollar on a top of the line pc where cheating is considered a feature.

7 hours ago, FERFoxyF said:

There are times where the intended feature is bad. I'm gonna exaggerate here, if they decided to put gigas in the beaches of the island to make it harder than it is intended but the fact that they kept it there is bad, just an example tho.

but these features are intended and add more challenge to the game, they are problems if the player makes them a problem. 

12 hours ago, GP said:

Why would they need to reduce building limit? It makes no difference whether they keep it the same as other maps or reduce it.

You seriously using that non-issue as your case for disagreement? ?

that was in direct reply to you saying that its meant for small bases.  nothing more, nothing else.  don't read into it.

Genesis is supposed to be hard.   It's a map built around PVE, not PVP.   They've added environmental dangers in each zones that give you more to worry about then other players.   

In the bog, it's the insect swarms.   Yeah, they are fricking obnoxious.   But there are a lot of dinos you can ride that prevent them from attacking you, even IF you attack them.   If you're on a sarco, you can actually attack insect swarms and they won't even attack back.  I kill every single swarm I see by biting them with my dinos.

Plus, you know there's a thing called "bug repellent" you can make, right?  If I want to not be bothered, I just spray some on and ignore the swarms.

If you go to the snow biome, it has avalanches (and the ridiculous) cold.   In the lunar biome there's solar rays.  In the volcano there's the heat.   These are all designed to make you stop and think, change equipment, etc.  

And then there are the "X" series dinosaurs.  Wow, did not know what those did when I started playing.  Took losing two tames to X-raptors half their level before I finally looked them up.   50% damage reduction!!!.   These are meant to count the fact that on most maps, as soon as you tame a max level dino and then pump even more levels into it, it's an unstoppable killing machine.  No regular dinos give you any challenge.   Which is half the reason people got bored and started the whole PVP thing.   There were no more challenges.

Well, now, with the x-dinos, there's still a threat.    I took me getting a pack of 3 sarcos before I could safely move around the bog without any real danger... unless I saw an alpha off in the distance.

The lack of flyers is so you can't just sail above things and ignore them.  Or just strafe enemies and pack them to death in relative safety.  Or reach resources they deliberately placed up high, so they'd be hard to get.

And besides, who needs flyers?  Get a bloodstalker!   Those things are ridiculous fun.   They are probably the main reason why there are no flyers on the map.  Genesis is meant to showcase them.

Besides the two-web "grappling hook" that launches you like a cannon and the single web-slinging spiderman style travel, they also have wall latch/wall crawling and have an absolutely insane jumping ability, with a double jump.   You can charge up the first jump to shoot straight up in the air, and then hit jump again in midair combined with a direction key to shoot you in that direction.   Reallllllly far too.  And the double jump is any direction, forwards, backwards, left, right.    I use the double jump to get around more then the webslinging. Oh, and they can walk on water too.  Or cancel it, and swim underwater (they look like squids under water, it's awesome).  They are like the ultimate all terrain mount.

Plus you can target certain dinos (below a certain size) with the your webs, and "lasso" it.  You can draw it in and begin killing it, and the enemy dino CANNOT fight back.   This works on dinos up to the size of sarcos and pachyrhinosauruses, but not things like stegos and rexes.  But... if you stop reeling the web in, you can dismount the bloodstalker and the enemy dino is still tethered to your bloodstalker.  You can then tranq the dino, etc.   I also use the webs to yank a thing I want to tame out of a dangerous area, and bring it somewhere a little quieter for taming.   The web tethers are also great for fishing too! Target, yank, target, yank! fish for days.

Actually the environmental dangers are as follows:

Bog - not the insect swarms themselves, but the constant awful stuttering and lag they cause. Very innovative stuff here. First dev team I've seen to have the balls to utilize lag as a gameplay mechanic.

Artic - Wide spread blue screening. Again very original take on environmental danger to use game crashing as a tool to represent freezing to death. Bravo

Luna - INVISIBLE robots. Any game can give you enemies to fight that you can actually see, but ark has a crack dev team that pushes the envelope. Good luck killing invisible flying robots. Amazing revolutionary enemy design at play here.

Ocean - Do you ever play a game and think "I want to lose control of my character more." Well you're in luck. Now there's underwater tornadoes all over the biome that suck you up hindering your movement and spit you out in the opposite direction youre traveling ! So fun !

Volcano - Want to do the Gallimimus race ? Hope you have a gas mask equipped as this thrilling race not only features constant huge magmasaurs blocking the track, but it also takes you right through poison gas ! Who wants to complete a race anyway amiright ?

Bloodstalkers become garbage when the lag kicks in, if you jump you just appear back in the floor and throwing a web is like a gamble, you may end up in the bottom of the lava pit or who knows where. I was trying just to go across 2 Elementals, aimed the web in a safe spot, lag, I end up in their feet, 2 rocks, stalker turns on me, 2 rocks, DEAD... Box tribe hour, the damn dupping starts , official servers go to poop, sometimes the Griffin and Rockdrake glide got glitchy on lag, but the spider thing is totally retarded.

Archived