Sorry Wildcard, Genesis map is a big failure.

Qeythos

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so first you already bought genesis part 2, with the season pass you know.

and second, of all that what you have written there, the only true thing is the swarm in bog area.

shop is dope

map is dope

new creatures are dope

teleporting is dope

the beginner problems you describe here can be solved, maybe you work on your playstyle or ask others how to survive.

and to talking about pillars in the first week omg, the ppl are saving space, and prevent griefing on pve, so whats the issue, there is plenty of space left.

the real problem is blocking cave entrances, blocking base spots by the same guys on all biomes, the dino teleport is not working all the time (dino does not come with you or gets lost on map while port), and maybe some missions are not doable bc of lag 70/70 ppl.

genesis is great, it is challenging, maybe not at the beginning bc of the shop, but they already said they drop new servers without missions and flyers enabled, maybe you want to play it that style.

5 hours ago, Angelcanon said:

I didn't ask for your opinion of me or my years of experience with ark, i'm simply stating why think it sucks, these are all legit reasons and issues within the matrix of the game none of which are based on me or my individual game play, and just incase you'd like to prove me wrong your more than welcome to post a clip of someone killing a swarm in a half a sec, the game in my opinion sucks.

Lad I dont need to post a clip just build a torch and swing once or twice BAM swarm dead. Your "legit reasons and issues within the matrix of the game" arent legit issues, getting killed is part of a survival game, if you dont have a bed you dont pick exactly where you spawn not new here even for the genre of game. Making rookie survival game mistakes like not trying different methods of killing things in this case using fire on the swarms is on you not the game.

Your opinion on the areas of the map, hlna and hexagons is your opinion and well I/others might share those and might not but I wasnt commenting on those at all.

Honestly I dont have issue with bog... except the swarms..

Player 1: ok here is the plan, blah blah blah. Wait.. swarms coming, let's break for 20 to 30 minutes and regroup.

Player 2: Nah man I got kids and work tomorrow, I'm out.

Players 3: I cant play this game anymore, these delays are stupid.

It's not even that the swarms are hard. Just hang out next to your mounts. No challenge. I see no point for them other then delaying an already time consuming game. What's the point? Who thought this was a good idea? I'd really appreciate a response.

Thanks

5 hours ago, FreelancerKnux said:

Lad I dont need to post a clip just build a torch and swing once or twice BAM swarm dead. Your "legit reasons and issues within the matrix of the game" arent legit issues, getting killed is part of a survival game, if you dont have a bed you dont pick exactly where you spawn not new here even for the genre of game. Making rookie survival game mistakes like not trying different methods of killing things in this case using fire on the swarms is on you not the game.

Your opinion on the areas of the map, hlna and hexagons is your opinion and well I/others might share those and might not but I wasnt commenting on those at all.

I didn't build a bed for the first few days and I ended up in my base after every death.  The teleporting removed the need for beds entirely.  Not only that it removed the need for multiple heavy load tames, or traveling any kind of distances.   This is by far the easiest newb friendly map they have ever built.  It should have been the very first map and used for a tutorial map.   They took 99% of the survival aspect out of ark with this release.

• Volunteer Moderator
29 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

I didn't build a bed for the first few days and I ended up in my base after every death.  The teleporting removed the need for beds entirely.  Not only that it removed the need for multiple heavy load tames, or traveling any kind of distances.   This is by far the easiest newb friendly map they have ever built.  It should have been the very first map and used for a tutorial map.   They took 99% of the survival aspect out of ark with this release.

Hang on wait a second? Did you build a base in the same spot you teleported or spawned at originally? Because respawning doesn't automatically spawn you at your base.

1 minute ago, GP said:

Hang on wait a second? Did you build a base in the same spot you teleported or spawned at originally? Because respawning doesn't automatically spawn you at your base.

I spawned into the ocean, teleported to the arctic west, took 9 steps to the left and built a base.  When I started to die from the cold I teleported to the ocean, warmed up, and went back to the arctic and continued building.  every time I teleport to the arctic I end up at my front door.  So when I die I just spawn at the ocean where nothing will kill you and then teleport to the arctic, bam front door service.   They made this game waaaaay to easy.   So far I have only not been able to retrieve me body after getting killed once, and that's because it put my body under ground where I couldn't access it.  I have found a fix for that though, go back to the death area and get yourself killed again, then simply respawn close to that area and repeat until your original body floats back up to the surface.

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

I spawned into the ocean, teleported to the arctic west, took 9 steps to the left and built a base.  When I started to die from the cold I teleported to the ocean, warmed up, and went back to the arctic and continued building.  every time I teleport to the arctic I end up at my front door.  So when I die I just spawn at the ocean where nothing will kill you and then teleport to the arctic, bam front door service.   They made this game waaaaay to easy.   So far I have only not been able to retrieve me body after getting killed once, and that's because it put my body under ground where I couldn't access it.  I have found a fix for that though, go back to the death area and get yourself killed again, then simply respawn close to that area and repeat until your original body floats back up to the surface.

Well anyone else that teleports to the same spot, i.e. N, S, SW, E etc in Arctic will also spawn at the exact same spot as you. The only reason it is easier for you is because it is not so random. But with the reduction of buildable areas majority of people won't be able to build at the teleport spots.

Also, some teleport locations are mission areas so can't build there anyway. So yeah might be easy for your scenario, but for most people they will still need to put down beds as normal.

5 minutes ago, GP said:

Well anyone else that teleports to the same spot, i.e. N, S, SW, E etc in Arctic will also spawn at the exact same spot as you. <<< If I have about a dozen auto turrets sitting on the roof,  and plenty of tames sitting around, sucks to be them doesn't it? The only reason it is easier for you is because it is not so random. <<<< anyone can do this, first come first serve.  sounds like a great way to ruin a map doesn't it? But with the reduction of buildable areas majority of people won't be able to build at the teleport spots.

Also, some teleport locations are mission areas so can't build there anyway. <<< on some servers, didn't they just make servers where you can build anywhere? So yeah might be easy for your scenario, but for most people they will still need to put down beds as normal.<<< no, if people make this the norm then people wont be able to use the teleportation because they will just be teleporting to their deaths, then they will leave the map and try again somewhere else until they finally find a map where they can build in a teleport spawn.

As you can see, this new map was not thought out very well by the devs.

On 2/27/2020 at 6:09 AM, Castlerock said:

U alr paid for it when u bought genesis season pass

10/10 great feedback.

Issue is you work to get the TEK Tier unlocked, now it's pretty much useless? moving through biomes via HLNA would be fine, if she wasn't buggy and the transition  cutscene didn't drop you to 2 fps.

What seems to be the best part of this topic to me it's based on a opinion, the people who hate it are assuming a senario where i'm completely wrong and then giving a reason, you must be playing pve not pvp or the new map is great because i said so, this is based on my opinion , if you wish to pose argument then statements should be, i think its good because.... slamming me for a posted honest opinion shows nothing but a lack of intelligence, swinging a torch once or twice killing a swarm well maybe your torches are better than mine (excuse me while i laugh) swarms have levels so your gonna be swinging more than twice on a level 140 swarm or a 80 or a 50 but you go on keep lying to the community, seems everytime someone post something negative you have some argument about it so i'm guessing your the guy at the back of the class who disrupts things daily anyways, so anyone playing the game will see my point with certain issues i have touched on and the list is far longer than i had put down, enuff about the bog lets move on to the sea biome i dive all the way to the bottom or swim across the entire zone without agro anything with the exception of a eel or 2 which even after a shock i'm able to swim away so no challenge there, same effect in other biomes i either spawn in or instantly i'm dead before i fully materialize or the linear maps that take away from open world design, what this all boils down to is this game should be hauled back to the drawing board the neg reviews and problems should be addressed and a much better version can be released, but as i had said it's my opinion not yours 

7 minutes ago, Angelcanon said:

What seems to be the best part of this topic to me it's based on a opinion, the people who hate it are assuming a senario where i'm completely wrong and then giving a reason, you must be playing pve not pvp or the new map is great because i said so, this is based on my opinion , if you wish to pose argument then statements should be, i think its good because.... slamming me for a posted honest opinion shows nothing but a lack of intelligence, swinging a torch once or twice killing a swarm well maybe your torches are better than mine (excuse me while i laugh) swarms have levels so your gonna be swinging more than twice on a level 140 swarm or a 80 or a 50 but you go on keep lying to the community, seems everytime someone post something negative you have some argument about it so i'm guessing your the guy at the back of the class who disrupts things daily anyways, so anyone playing the game will see my point with certain issues i have touched on and the list is far longer than i had put down, enuff about the bog lets move on to the sea biome i dive all the way to the bottom or swim across the entire zone without agro anything with the exception of a eel or 2 which even after a shock i'm able to swim away so no challenge there, same effect in other biomes i either spawn in or instantly i'm dead before i fully materialize or the linear maps that take away from open world design, what this all boils down to is this game should be hauled back to the drawing board the neg reviews and problems should be addressed and a much better version can be released, but as i had said it's my opinion not yours 

You must be challenged or have an issue comprehending english. I summed up in my last post your issues aren't a big deal and easily solved and I also pointed out IDGAF for your opinion but wasnt commenting on it.

10/10 great feedback.

Issue is you work to get the TEK Tier unlocked, now it's pretty much useless? moving through biomes via HLNA would be fine, if she wasn't buggy and the transition  cutscene didn't drop you to 2 fps.
Could u read before posting that? It wasn't feedback, i was replying to owataday question about the price of genesis part 2

22 hours ago, Castlerock said:

I dont see anywhere in his post saying he is on pvp.

It doesn't matter if he did or not. Read his posts and you will clearly see he does not play pvp because all of the ark YouTubers are now rollin out content on how broken genesis is. But you seem of the same IQ as him, so I doubt you will figure it out.

@angelcannon

It's fact, not opinion. All of the big ark youtubers are now releasing the genesis content and showing how broken it is, with most of the ark community noticing since day 1. Your barely coherent rambling of non sense and bias opinion is invalid. You're too dull to understand the issues and will continue on rambling thinking you made some sort of accurate assessment haha.

17 hours ago, PhotekPlays said:

so first you already bought genesis part 2, with the season pass you know.

and second, of all that what you have written there, the only true thing is the swarm in bog area.

shop is dope

map is dope

new creatures are dope

teleporting is dope

the beginner problems you describe here can be solved, maybe you work on your playstyle or ask others how to survive.

and to talking about pillars in the first week omg, the ppl are saving space, and prevent griefing on pve, so whats the issue, there is plenty of space left.

the real problem is blocking cave entrances, blocking base spots by the same guys on all biomes, the dino teleport is not working all the time (dino does not come with you or gets lost on map while port), and maybe some missions are not doable bc of lag 70/70 ppl.

genesis is great, it is challenging, maybe not at the beginning bc of the shop, but they already said they drop new servers without missions and flyers enabled, maybe you want to play it that style.

Unbelievably incorrect. The recent steam reviews on PC are mostly negative for a reason. There is already so much content on YouTube displaying how broken genesis is. You are just too dull/uninformed to understand.

It doesn't matter if he did or not. Read his posts and you will clearly see he does not play pvp because all of the ark YouTubers are now rollin out content on how broken genesis is. But you seem of the same IQ as him, so I doubt you will figure it out.
Not interested in figuring out as i dont care whether anyone play pvp or pve, as long as we enjoy the mode we are playing

3 minutes ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Yeah if we have to rely on devs wiping every tp spawn with turrets then this dlc is a lost cause. There needs to be a blanket fix like temp tp spawn invincibility or making them all no build/pvp zones

So remove even more of the very limited building zones?  Like I said, this map was not thought out very well.  Seems to be a very thrown together map.

1 hour ago, Usuallyafk said:

Lol you're assuming most people mesh,  cheat and play unfair? At first I thought you were just confused bob, now from that statement it's just obvious you're a delusional moron hahaha.

i dont assume everyone does that, but arks official PvP servers are loaded with that kind of stuff. hell your an example of a toxic player. calling someone a moron because they stated the truth about arks community. i stopped playing official a long time ago, but that doe snot mean i dont know what the servers are like. i also know PvP ark players are making sad sob videos on how genesis is broken but like you they only play PvP. i on the other hand preffer to watch players who play both PvP and PvE as they have the best understanding and veiw of the game. that is why your post is pointless as hell. because i can tell you are a PvP is everything player. which is also most likely why you are so toxic.

1 hour ago, Usuallyafk said:

how exactly do my post show i am a PvE player. i like to consider both modes when it comes to updates. 

Archived