Sorry Wildcard, Genesis map is a big failure.

Qeythos

Errm on the xbox one (first one) the foot prints are not appearing for the tracking missions for the most part the map is ok. There is a tone of bugs but that is expected of wildcard but like some people I was attacked off spawn and was screwed by the bugs constantly. Then the blood stalkers de-spawed my carno when it webbed me kinda annoyed about that definitely roon for improvement and don't really like the hexagon stuff they added the tek rep to 2 and 3 but I'm yet to get one maybe spend 400,000 hexagon on getting the crates but like normal loot crates they suck at RnG

Sorry it's a long one but im just dissatisfied with how the map turned out

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/26/2020 at 10:46 PM, Qeythos said:

The price is so high because it's a season pass including 2 maps in total, Genesis and a future one scheduled for the end of the year (Winter 2020).

You say there’s another map to download should give the makers time to fix this one then,

although wildcard haven’t learned from their previous mistakes so the next map should ruin the entire game again Yippeee and high five.

Anyway the next release will be postponed for 6 months and then ruin the game again it’s a shame because the concept of the game is great  and some of scenery looks amazing unfortunately the programmers and developers couldn’t give a monkeys about the people who buy and play there games 

12 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i can easily reply to most of these reasons as o why they can be countered

1. it was stated in the lore of the game that genesis is a simulation designed to test the survivors, meaning it would make sense to disable fliers. since most of the ark player population relies on fliers this was a smart move as it pushes people to adapt. i understand where you are coming from but the easy way to fix this is play on flying enabled servers

2. again the inesect swarms are a challenge to deal with, i honestly dont mind fighting them as it adds more challenge to the bog

3. i agree on the bog killing you almost instantly, then again that can happen on all maps meaning you cant really use it as an excuse here. plus i have spawned in bog multiple times and survived spawning and surviving. 

4. fast traveling is a great idea and very cool. it adds a new dimension to ark. you cant just jump form one biome to another rather teleport there. the telporting also allows you to go from one spot in a biome to another. this is how i got my ferox easily while avoiding danger. use this mechanic to your advantage instead of complaining.

5. so far the only race that i know that lags is the spider one. the only other problems i have with the races is the creature and player interference and the obstacle collision.

7. the map encourages for smart builds, again its a simulation to test players, so once again taking away a main aspect survivors rely on is smart thinking. i have made some amazing bases because of this.

i agree with you on genesis not being the best or perfect. but its fairly good compared to some other maps cough cough extinction cough cough

so far i give genesis a 7/10

Oh...Oh boy... well then you did a horrible job in countering some of my points my boy and you're condescending about it...So let me explain why you failed and should really read a dictionary before doing this next time.

One. IF the simulation was going to take into account that making things harder so that people can relay on flying around the map.Then it should have made a map that relates to that, again aberration was the best route to go with that as the map itself showed how and why flyers could not AND would not work there. However, genesis does not do this, AGAIN GENESIS DOES NOT DO THIS. In fact I've seen wild flyers on the map and the bog beat down mission throws poison wyverns at you. On top of that i'm going to use the whole simulation card on you; it a simulation, there for if it was to simulate who could be the best survivors out there, then taming all beast even flyers is a must.Therefore saying "It just, A simulation" will NEVER hold up.

You see this in real-life thanks to Falconry meaning birds. (large or small Should be fair game as we have tamed birds in real life to help with survival)

Two, three and four.Okay first off, OOF... Next; the bog can just be out right get a nerf, dying in the bog is raptoring rapid for an easy zone.A good example is waiting for any mission to start in the bog runs the risk of you getting blindsided like a drunk dude in a bar fight. It isn't fun, also if you agree that getting instant killed in the bog is a pain in the ass, why does it need the swarm then? Along with the fact that again when using the teleportation tool you STILL have to stay in the dome limiting your movement.You also are opened up to getting blindsided again after portioning thanks to the animation and frame drop. Plus, you can teleport from one biome, to another.

Somehow, SOMEHOW you not only did failed in all three of these points but you also contradicted yourself, how did that happen?

Five and seven are more or less something I agree with. However, with seven I can see why some people hate it because the mission areas are so massive it feels restrictive.

All and all your counter was horrible and it was something that clear wasn't thought out, if you like the dlc fine but it isn't a 7/10. Wild card has had time to learn how to make sure they can launch good dlc so this is disappointing.

15 hours ago, Alphacorps said:

Wow, Reading all of this made me kind of laugh as people defending the DLC are missing a few things and vice versa.

All and all this DLC is something, new I get that. However, it does have some really bad and at best questionable, I guess I'll use some from what I saw in this forum alone.

One: No flying.
I don't get why we can't fly in this map there's no logical reason to have this restriction in play. I see some people saying this is like aberration. Well, this isn't anything like aberration for one so that is just stupid, Aberration was a massive cave network on an ark that was malfunctioning. This meant that it wasn't too far off that flying tames/wilds would be unable to logically make the cut in terms of not dying. (due to what's alive in the caves with them) I don't have a problem with no flying.  I think flyers make the game a little to easy, instead of taking a week or 2 to explore the map on foot you can do it in an hour or 2 with a flyer.  Plus having flyers makes gathering resources much easier, it makes fighting much easier, and it kind of takes most of the danger out of the game.  To me flyers cut the replay value down quite a bit, it's much easier and faster to do much more.

Geneses is a map that mainly in large open areas with a clear sky within three of the five regions about to easily support flying life (bog, arctic and ocean). One being hostile to flying life (volcanic). And one being fatal (lunar). As a result genuinely no flying is just a gimp move and only a border line simp would agree it's satisfactory for the map. The way the map is cut up into pieces hurts the argument for flyers.  If the map was one big map instead of several small independent sections I could see the flyers being needed a little more.  Each area right now is easily explorable on foot, I have circled the arctic biome multiple times on foot in an hour. If I were flying I could travel from one end to the other in about 30 seconds.

Two: Insect swarms.
Oh god what is this? Now I get why this is a thing in the bog but what makes them annoying to deal with is that if you do decide to kill it. It's like more and more show up making it much more worth it to avoid fighting them. Alright sure they don't do much damage. Yet when players have to move away because of a swarm of bugs that mainly play as a distraction.  The biggest problem the swarms create is the lag, the framerate drops dramatically when a few swarms show up at once.  They need to tone these down a bit, I have avoided the bog almost completely because of these.

Three: The Bog
Spawn deaths are common thanks to the new animation. In fact I've died before the screen even shows the map. I think you would have the same outcome even with the old animation. standing up, yawning, looking around, looking at your arm, then you can move?  takes just as much time as the new thing.

Four: being forced to quick travel
This IS HORRIBLE yes it's useful and yes it's an exceptional thing, when optional. But when I have to transport from one spot to the next, it can make thing just awful to deal with. In fact going back to the whole spawn screen thing; how many people here were slaughtered by someone or something that you could not see because you had to fast travel and lost your kits? I know for a fact that more then half of you did even if it was just a bob kit. The point is it builds irritation from annoyance. Sure it doesn't happen all of the time, but when it happens if you don't have armor on, undoubtedly good night. All because you can't fight what you can not see. biggest mistake of the game.  It's like hitting the easy button.  I played for 2 days before I ever built a bed because you don't need beds for spawning anymore.  I fast traveled to a location and built a base there.  Boom, done. Every time I died I just spawned at the ocean and fast traveled back to my base.  It also takes the adventure out of exploring.  No need to worry about getting lost, run off in any direction and fast travel back, want to move a bunch of metal?  Overload yourself and any animal until it can't walk and fast travel back.  The teleporting really hurts this game, terrible idea.

Five: This map lags so bad on high-speed missions.
I tried to do the bog race with the blood stockier, and I got actively angry at the frame dips, it feel like I was trying to play in high lag with low fps in a fighting game, and if anyone did that before you KNOW that's a part of video game hell.

Six: Giant Turtle is a dwarf.
Eh compared to the normal ark turtle, it's not bad at all really, and off on other maps it can have major use as a massive tank (I've seen some epic builds for it on facebook.) so it's more or less a plus for me dog as it gives me ideas and I think that's always a good idea.

Seven: Not a lot of spaces to build.
Well now, I'm mixed on this, on one hand. It was a pain in the ass to find a spot to build, major pain in the ass at that. Yet I think because of this people will have to really think about how they are going to build and where. Well at least before mega tribes force their way in which could be the reason for the walls in between regions? (Still don't like it, though.)

Eight: The map itself.
All and all I do love how the map is built in terms of Regions. Each one feels like it's a part of an older map mixed with two new areas. I enjoy some of the X-dinos giving me something to take back to my tribe (Note the volcanic X Dinos are hell dinos. This is not up for debate.). Therefore it gives people a reason to get ready to tame up things and if they receive new attacks all the more better. (I hope they have new attacks.)

Nine: The missions
This is something I did not expect and provides the game a new way to play. It gives players something to do if they need a bit of a hand starting out. It feels like more or less away of teaching people how somethings work. And just a pleasant way to tell someone to D-up in dodo ball, in fact they should have added a boxing ring. That would have been fun.

Ten: The shop.
This... Well, I cherish this. If I need a quick step up, I carry out a mission, get rewarded and go on my way.

All and all this dlc isn't as bad as some people saying it is. But at the same time, it has some poop to work out as somethings don't make sense. 

Also before I forget, If I am starting a mission, make it so wild dinos can't just attack me and pull me away from the mission start, holy hell.

If wild card does this leave the game people already to this and I dropped a lot of money in games I have faith in but I will never agree with non-dlc payments in a game like this (or any game over 45 dollars)

• Volunteer Moderator
12 hours ago, Eviga said:

It is so ridiculous to read how the defenders of this garbage so called DLC always got an answer to every critic. 

We cant fly but got Flyers there

Answer: Yeah well they said it would be unlike everything we have seen before so it is just normal we cannot fly.

Yeah...of course 

Mission System is crap, limitation sucks ass and being forced to teleport is a Joker

Answer: Yeah well they said it is a Simulation and stuff so yeah well blabla

Genesis is just a bad attempt at trying something new. It is an attempt to sell you idiots microtransactions in the future to slowly ruin this Games Basis.

Anyone out there who played some maps and many hours and is honest would not State that Genesis is simply awesome.

Yeah well it's just roundabouts. You complain about Genesis, people then say why they think it's good in response to points you raise, then you mock their responses.

That is what is so ridiculous.

2 hours ago, Alphacorps said:

Oh...Oh boy... well then you did a horrible job in countering some of my points my boy and you're condescending about it...So let me explain why you failed and should really read a dictionary before doing this next time.

One. IF the simulation was going to take into account that making things harder so that people can relay on flying around the map.Then it should have made a map that relates to that, again aberration was the best route to go with that as the map itself showed how and why flyers could not AND would not work there. However, genesis does not do this, AGAIN GENESIS DOES NOT DO THIS. In fact I've seen wild flyers on the map and the bog beat down mission throws poison wyverns at you. On top of that i'm going to use the whole simulation card on you; it a simulation, there for if it was to simulate who could be the best survivors out there, then taming all beast even flyers is a must.Therefore saying "It just, A simulation" will NEVER hold up.

You see this in real-life thanks to Falconry meaning birds. (large or small Should be fair game as we have tamed birds in real life to help with survival)

Two, three and four.Okay first off, OOF... Next; the bog can just be out right get a nerf, dying in the bog is raptoring rapid for an easy zone.A good example is waiting for any mission to start in the bog runs the risk of you getting blindsided like a drunk dude in a bar fight. It isn't fun, also if you agree that getting instant killed in the bog is a pain in the ass, why does it need the swarm then? Along with the fact that again when using the teleportation tool you STILL have to stay in the dome limiting your movement.You also are opened up to getting blindsided again after portioning thanks to the animation and frame drop. Plus, you can teleport from one biome, to another.

Somehow, SOMEHOW you not only did failed in all three of these points but you also contradicted yourself, how did that happen?

Five and seven are more or less something I agree with. However, with seven I can see why some people hate it because the mission areas are so massive it feels restrictive.

All and all your counter was horrible and it was something that clear wasn't thought out, if you like the dlc fine but it isn't a 7/10. Wild card has had time to learn how to make sure they can launch good dlc so this is disappointing.

you seem to forget. fliers are tamable, just not capable of being ridden, meaning they are not useless, people can still do trips with them, i have 10 argents pumped mainly in weight. they carry around the resources and other carp i take form one biome to another. all they did is remove the riding aspect. we freaking have bog spiders and feroxes now to travel. WC done a good thing disabling riding fliers as it means people will use other creatures like the new ones. what people also seem to forget is that flier riding can be enabled. so stop whining about it as there is an easy fix. while the revers card you used on me was somewhat reasonable it does not affect me much. i know for a fact that very few people tame all the creatures in ark due to the fact they have no use. also you said taming all the beasts. fliers are tamable, just not rid-able, meaning your own response was faulty. fell free to tame fliers, you just cant ride them. yes the bog is dangerous, yes it should not be marked easy. but does it matter?

i mean someone spawns a few times, they die a few times, they either learn how to avoid dying or they start somewhere else. instead of complaining about it suck it up and get over it. in 5 i never contradicted myself. i only stated the course have to many unwanted obstacles. 7 i stated restrictive building is yet another task to deal with. one i quite like as it encourages some amazing builds.

i am not saying genesis is perfect, heck there are things that i dont like, but WC done a great job compared to other maps when first released. right now genesis i receiving a lot of unnecessary and uncalled for backlash. this is because WC have attempted something new and amazing, and the selfish entitled consumers of this game dont like it because its not the usual plain map like we always get. if WC is going to focus on releasing new content rather than fixing what is already in the game than it might as well be new and exciting.

Great job on Genesis.

Can’t build on missions, but literally can’t spawn anywhere in the ocean biome that’s not a mission(wouldn’t even try it because it will end up deleting all Of your building later on)...No flying tames but you can make saddles... Blood stalkers are broken... literally no one would play this if mods weren’t in this, and yet you make them hardly compatible... taking games out... you changed absolutely nothing to AI. This game is a mess. How you can ruin dinosaurs and monsters is beyond me but you do. I’d seriously rather play Minecraft. Very annoying, very time wasting, very tedious. Fix your game please.

Not being able to build in mission zones is a good thing, otherwise half of them wouldn't be playable on servers. No flying is fine, it's good we can give armor to them(Argy also needs saddle for Smithy functionality). 

For all of its(Honestly predictable) flaws, Genesis is pretty polished all things considered. Maybe try taking a break and coming back later.

3 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i am not saying genesis is perfect, heck there are things that i dont like, but WC done a great job compared to other maps when first released. right now genesis i receiving a lot of unnecessary and uncalled for backlash. this is because WC have attempted something new and amazing, and the selfish entitled consumers of this game dont like it because its not the usual plain map like we always get. if WC is going to focus on releasing new content rather than fixing what is already in the game than it might as well be new and exciting.

I think most people are mad because this map is so wildly different from the rest.  People tend to buy the next game in a series and/or dlc because they are a fan of that style of game.  When that style is changed they are not getting what they signed up for.   For instance call of duty, everyone knows what kind of game cod is, its a hop around super fast small map respawn shooter.  Now imagine if the next cod came out and it was a round based shooter with massive maps, to me that would be an improvement, but to the cod fans it would be wildly different and not what they expected.  It wouldn't be what drove them to play cod for all those years. Bottom line is you have to be careful how far you stray from the games core mechanics.  I think this map has strayed just over the line from what made ark ark.  A lot of the adventure has been stripped out of it in my opinion.

22 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

I think most people are mad because this map is so wildly different from the rest.  People tend to buy the next game in a series and/or dlc because they are a fan of that style of game.  When that style is changed they are not getting what they signed up for.   For instance call of duty, everyone knows what kind of game cod is, its a hop around super fast small map respawn shooter.  Now imagine if the next cod came out and it was a round based shooter with massive maps, to me that would be an improvement, but to the cod fans it would be wildly different and not what they expected.  It wouldn't be what drove them to play cod for all those years. Bottom line is you have to be careful how far you stray from the games core mechanics.  I think this map has strayed just over the line from what made ark ark.  A lot of the adventure has been stripped out of it in my opinion.

the reaosn i have bought the DLCs int the past is because they have been enw and idfferent. abberation was a cave system that posed as quite a challenge and added new dangers, extinxction was new and different, having stuff like corrupt creatures and OSDs. i buy the DLCs for the new different and amazing content, i know i am not the only one. i dont mind if they have some things the same. but i wont buy the DLCs if they're not new in some way. yes genesis was a big leap. but honestly its worth it, it adds alot of new stuff to genesis. so what if this map is different, it adds a new dimesion to the game. one that is not solely based on survival. we now have missions to do in our spare time.

31 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

the reaosn i have bought the DLCs int the past is because they have been enw and idfferent. abberation was a cave system that posed as quite a challenge and added new dangers, extinxction was new and different, having stuff like corrupt creatures and OSDs. i buy the DLCs for the new different and amazing content, i know i am not the only one. i dont mind if they have some things the same. but i wont buy the DLCs if they're not new in some way. yes genesis was a big leap. but honestly its worth it, it adds alot of new stuff to genesis. so what if this map is different, it adds a new dimesion to the game. one that is not solely based on survival. we now have missions to do in our spare time.

All the other dlc maps have kept the core intact though.  This dlc has changed the game at the core mechanics, that's the difference.  Breaking the map into sections, adding teleporting, and adding an in game store to buy crafting materials has really changed the way the game was originally designed.  There is much less survival, exploration, and risk in this dlc.  Before if you wanted to travel to the other side of the map you better be ready. You had to get geared up, you had to prepare to die which meant sleeping bags or beds along the way, you better be able to get over that mountain or across that river without being killed, plus keeping your weapons and tools in good shape, having health drinks in your pocket, and most importantly knowing how to get back home.   Now you just fast travel around, no biggie. 

oh one other big deal, taming animals far from home?  You had to be prepared for that, knowing how to get them home safely, now you can drop in, tame something and teleport it to safety without any risk.

20 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

i can easily reply to most of these reasons as o why they can be countered

1. it was stated in the lore of the game that genesis is a simulation designed to test the survivors, meaning it would make sense to disable fliers. since most of the ark player population relies on fliers this was a smart move as it pushes people to adapt. i understand where you are coming from but the easy way to fix this is play on flying enabled servers

2. again the inesect swarms are a challenge to deal with, i honestly dont mind fighting them as it adds more challenge to the bog

3. i agree on the bog killing you almost instantly, then again that can happen on all maps meaning you cant really use it as an excuse here. plus i have spawned in bog multiple times and survived spawning and surviving. 

4. fast traveling is a great idea and very cool. it adds a new dimension to ark. you cant just jump form one biome to another rather teleport there. the telporting also allows you to go from one spot in a biome to another. this is how i got my ferox easily while avoiding danger. use this mechanic to your advantage instead of complaining.

5. so far the only race that i know that lags is the spider one. the only other problems i have with the races is the creature and player interference and the obstacle collision.

7. the map encourages for smart builds, again its a simulation to test players, so once again taking away a main aspect survivors rely on is smart thinking. i have made some amazing bases because of this.

i agree with you on genesis not being the best or perfect. but its fairly good compared to some other maps cough cough extinction cough cough

so far i give genesis a 7/10

You're definitely PVE. Or you don't play on legit pvp servers.

Why i think Genesis Sucks

EVERYTHING 

This map is a Jumbled mess stitched together and rehashed to resemble something playable, case and point try any part of it as solo player no tribe no mods no tweaking settings, frustration will set in long before you get anywhere, i've run passed carnos that didn't react at all, i've swam in sea for seemed like miles without going near anything or air bubbles and didn't run out of breath, i run around a active volcano (rather cool atmosphere) area but so linear i though i was playing a new version of Diablo, and wait there's more, who's idea was to remove the struggle outta the game by adding that dumb feature of hexagons? toss them from the top of a building, players are getting recources gear and tech long before they should "hey look what i bought", the entire challenge is lost, i can sit in game for a few hours every once in a while clicking on this stupid little floating robot and gather all the resources i want without going to scavenge them wow that makes things so much better, oh and i almost forgot the bogs/swamp this is the easy starting area  -Bullsh!t swarms of flies rolling in wiping your stamnia i've personally had 7 waves of these annoying lil things in literally 5 mins, usually takes a minute at least to clear them and after 3rd wave your lucky to have any movement running left, and if you do manage to run away or kill them off don't worry Genesis will help you out by having 1 of the billion F*cking Kaprosuchus/Sarco/Baryonyx kill you off, so now you'll need to spawn in again, and now you need to find and get your body back, wait we can take care of that too, if you don't have or still haven't been able to make a bed you'll need to spawn in randomly to 1 of the other 5 realms of hell, then if your not instead meat-pie immediately or stuck in a whirlpool or whatever, which somewhat reminds of another fail (Atlas whirlpool) then you have to open a menu on some fruity tart floating robot which is supposed to help you on your journey to teleport back to the area you want to be in, this game should have been brought back to the drawing board at least 2-4 more times, if you play on a offical or un-official and have a few friends along side its playable, personally i've had it with the cash grab and being the real world test pilot, screw Genesis season 2 i'm not buying into it, too many faults too many times over the years, i'm not even gonna get into tech support for the 2 days then suddenly i was booted and all signs of that created character was lost, or the players who place stuff all over so you cant build anywhere remotely close to something that would help you (most called pillaring), or the dino's left all over the map which you spawn into yes into try and guess how you get outta that 1, over all i can now see why the website critics are calling this a 2 outta 11 it sucks.

I didn't ask for your opinion of me or my years of experience with ark, i'm simply stating why think it sucks, these are all legit reasons and issues within the matrix of the game none of which are based on me or my individual game play, and just incase you'd like to prove me wrong your more than welcome to post a clip of someone killing a swarm in a half a sec, the game in my opinion sucks.

11 minutes ago, Angelcanon said:

Again just a opinion, this is not only about the bog this is a opinion based on overall game play bog was stated to show difficulty from players view not being easy nothing more.

If it’s your opinion and your not open to a discussion about why others disagree then there’s no point in posting it in the forums. As far as difficulty it’s endgame content it’s supposed to be difficult 

1 hour ago, Markdh31788 said:

If it’s your opinion and your not open to a discussion about why others disagree then there’s no point in posting it in the forums. As far as difficulty it’s endgame content it’s supposed to be difficult 

I'm sure they're open to discussion, it's too bad they've faced nothing but excuses whose sole purpose is to say "it be how it is." Lol 

It is my opinion and id like to freely and openly allow other players the chance to read whats in store for them. i agree not every will share the same outlook that's why its called a opinion everyone has 1, and we are already away from the topic of the opinion which is the make up of Genesis, so on that note your posts are mute null and devoid of point, next.

Okay my Base is at Arctic I teleport with all stuff to taming a Rex to Lava my Body teleport to Lava biome get killed by Rex/Allo... But i all the time see only the teleport sequence lol After hours i teleport back from Lava to Arctic i see the teleportvideo but in same time i get killed by Therizinos... I hope genesis part two bring back a open world with no need of teleport

3 hours ago, Usuallyafk said:

You're definitely PVE. Or you don't play on legit pvp servers.

i play PvP, i just dont play it the way others do, i dont troll, i dont grieve, i dont mesh, cheat or play unfair. i also play unofficial servers in nice communities. i stopped playing PvP on official when people became too toxic. i play both modes. but that does not matter.  

Archived