Sorry Wildcard, Genesis map is a big failure.

Qeythos

4 minutes ago, asdkillerhd said:

The hexagon shop is probably some pve sht I dont understand no pvp player asked for it.

I made a topic about mining drill.

And got reply that mining drill is too op and suggestion to nerf it as you "can" out-farm an ankylosaurus.

Obviously certain players never grinded for resources like obsidian or black pearls.

They bought resources to craft and latter repair mining drill in shop with hexagon dollars -new currency for future WC web shop and latter probably for trading and for future pay to win model.

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/27/2020 at 3:13 AM, GP said:

The Devs have said for months that Genesis will be very different from what we were used to with Ark, so experiencing something very different from the other DLCs should have been expected.

The small build areas is likely due to the fact this DLC is meant to be considered as a simulation, each biome is a simulation. A simulation would suggest that it is not the place for a proper permanent base build. Also as there are missions to be completed you can't have huge boring metal boxes blocking the way.

People complain about lack of build space whilst not fully understanding what Genesis is.

The no flyers I can understand similar to Aberration. But I can also understand why people are not happy about it as there was no communication regarding the fact you can't fly, even though flying wild dinos can be tamed but not used, that was a mistake in my opinion.

But overall, I think it is way too early to say that Genesis was a fail, because most people's opinions are based on them not understanding what Genesis was meant to be in the first place.

This post alone explains how out of touch you are with what's actually going on with Ark. Sad times.

Came back to try the game again after a years absence, Thought WC migh have learned how to program... I was wrong. Still as bad and still so bugridden it's unplayable.

I'll be short and address one. Everytime I teleport, all my tools and weapons in toolbelt loses all durablity and is unusable. Teleport back and put the in the smity/fab... all is OK again withou repair.

Piece of junk this is.

On 2/29/2020 at 8:37 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

This is a pretty accurate description of the way this site works. 

Hmm..  Seems like something or someone isn't working as intended here.

here are a few threads describing the same exact issue in the ps4 bugs forum.

there are a LOT more than that but you get the point.  People have been reporting this exact issue ever since the dlc patch dropped.

So, if you guys are doing your jobs, taking these bugs and passing them along to the devs like you said, then why was this bug news to the devs as of last night? 

seems like what you said and what is actually happening are 2 different things.  They should have been well aware of the stats issue by now, but somehow they had no idea it existed? 

stats.thumb.PNG.544948db379b75953d6f35e88b7deedb.PNG

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, SLlCK said:

Hmm..  Seems like something or someone isn't working as intended here.

here are a few threads describing the same exact issue in the ps4 bugs forum.

there are a LOT more than that but you get the point.  People have been reporting this exact issue ever since the dlc patch dropped.

So, if you guys are doing your jobs, taking these bugs and passing them along to the devs like you said, then why was this bug news to the devs as of last night? 

seems like what you said and what is actually happening are 2 different things.  They should have been well aware of the stats issue by now, but somehow they had no idea it existed? 

stats.thumb.PNG.544948db379b75953d6f35e88b7deedb.PNG

They know about these bugs. 

Look at exactly what he said. He wanted details. Helps them re-create and sort them out faster. 

1 minute ago, Joebl0w13 said:

They know about these bugs. 

Look at exactly what he said. He wanted details. Helps them re-create and sort them out faster. 

Most of the bugs are so serious and obvious that they should have been found and sorted out before taking peoples money. But I'm not surprised at all when it comes to WC.... Programming and customer service is not their strong side.

2 minutes ago, ShinDude said:

Most of the bugs are so serious and obvious that they should have been found and sorted out before taking peoples money. But I'm not surprised at all when it comes to WC.... Programming and customer service is not their strong side.

Some bugs don't show up until they give it a full server stress test, basically they stay hidden until the dlc goes public, I can see those squeaking through, but a good chunk of these bugs could have been caught pre release.   They need to start beta testing stuff, the way beta testing used to be, where it was actually a test instead of a preorder bonus incentive type thing.

1 minute ago, SLlCK said:

Some bugs don't show up until they give it a full server stress test, basically they stay hidden until the dlc goes public, I can see those squeaking through, but a good chunk of these bugs could have been caught pre release.   They need to start beta testing stuff, the way beta testing used to be, where it was actually a test instead of a preorder bonus incentive type thing.

Problem is the last DLC that was truly beta tested was Aberration. Worst, it was tested by one of the most toxic megatribe on PvP Legacy, good way to not find anything...

Here's my take on it so far and I appreciate some people like it which is fine this is purely my opinion. I think this is my least favourite DLC to date. I'm a pve player so the pvp aspects (or lack of) don't phase me at all.I haven't found the difficulty too bad. The biomes seem very generic , nice looking areas but nothing different going on with exception of lunar. The new dinos are kind of cool but very few and the rest are just reskins again. The missions are definitely different but just no for me feels like I'm playing some mario party game and they get repetitive very quickly. Also the lag makes doing the race missions nearly unbearable and this is on a low pop unofficial so I dread to think what a laggy server would be like. 

I've played Ark from the beginning and bought all DLCs (Aberration being my all time favourite) and I've really being losing interest recently so had hopes that this would re-ignite by desire to play but sadly missed the mark. This really doesn't feel like an ark DLC to me and is too far removed from the game I fell in love with. I guess the devs want to change things up to keep the community interested and it's clearly working for some people. I'll stick it out for a few weeks as I want to give it a chance and I'll be back for part 2.  Just my 2 cents.

Im not here to say it's perfect, it certainly isnt, but if I'm just judging the map, I absolutely love it.

Each biome is so amazing looking, except maybe the snow. Admittedly I haven't spent a ton of time there but it just seems like every other snow biome they've done, while the other ones have way more of a unique look to them.

The fun I'm having simply exploring is definitely helping to offset the bugs and other annoyances. 

Wow, Reading all of this made me kind of laugh as people defending the DLC are missing a few things and vice versa.

All and all this DLC is something, new I get that. However, it does have some really bad and at best questionable, I guess I'll use some from what I saw in this forum alone.

One: No flying.
I don't get why we can't fly in this map there's no logical reason to have this restriction in play. I see some people saying this is like aberration. Well, this isn't anything like aberration for one so that is just stupid, Aberration was a massive cave network on an ark that was malfunctioning. This meant that it wasn't too far off that flying tames/wilds would be unable to logically make the cut in terms of not dying. (due to what's alive in the caves with them)

Geneses is a map that mainly in large open areas with a clear sky within three of the five regions about to easily support flying life (bog, arctic and ocean). One being hostile to flying life (volcanic). And one being fatal (lunar). As a result genuinely no flying is just a gimp move and only a border line simp would agree it's satisfactory for the map. 

Two: Insect swarms.
Oh god what is this? Now I get why this is a thing in the bog but what makes them annoying to deal with is that if you do decide to kill it. It's like more and more show up making it much more worth it to avoid fighting them. Alright sure they don't do much damage. Yet when players have to move away because of a swarm of bugs that mainly play as a distraction.

Three: The Bog
Spawn deaths are common thanks to the new animation. In fact I've died before the screen even shows the map.

Four: being forced to quick travel
This IS HORRIBLE yes it's useful and yes it's an exceptional thing, when optional. But when I have to transport from one spot to the next, it can make thing just awful to deal with. In fact going back to the whole spawn screen thing; how many people here were slaughtered by someone or something that you could not see because you had to fast travel and lost your kits? I know for a fact that more then half of you did even if it was just a bob kit. The point is it builds irritation from annoyance. Sure it doesn't happen all of the time, but when it happens if you don't have armor on, undoubtedly good night. All because you can't fight what you can not see.

Five: This map lags so bad on high-speed missions.
I tried to do the bog race with the blood stockier, and I got actively angry at the frame dips, it feel like I was trying to play in high lag with low fps in a fighting game, and if anyone did that before you KNOW that's a part of video game hell.

Six: Giant Turtle is a dwarf.
Eh compared to the normal ark turtle, it's not bad at all really, and off on other maps it can have major use as a massive tank (I've seen some epic builds for it on facebook.) so it's more or less a plus for me dog as it gives me ideas and I think that's always a good idea.

Seven: Not a lot of spaces to build.
Well now, I'm mixed on this, on one hand. It was a pain in the ass to find a spot to build, major pain in the ass at that. Yet I think because of this people will have to really think about how they are going to build and where. Well at least before mega tribes force their way in which could be the reason for the walls in between regions? (Still don't like it, though.)

Eight: The map itself.
All and all I do love how the map is built in terms of Regions. Each one feels like it's a part of an older map mixed with two new areas. I enjoy some of the X-dinos giving me something to take back to my tribe (Note the volcanic X Dinos are hell dinos. This is not up for debate.). Therefore it gives people a reason to get ready to tame up things and if they receive new attacks all the more better. (I hope they have new attacks.)

Nine: The missions
This is something I did not expect and provides the game a new way to play. It gives players something to do if they need a bit of a hand starting out. It feels like more or less away of teaching people how somethings work. And just a pleasant way to tell someone to D-up in dodo ball, in fact they should have added a boxing ring. That would have been fun.

Ten: The shop.
This... Well, I cherish this. If I need a quick step up, I carry out a mission, get rewarded and go on my way.

All and all this dlc isn't as bad as some people saying it is. But at the same time, it has some poop to work out as somethings don't make sense. 

Also before I forget, If I am starting a mission, make it so wild dinos can't just attack me and pull me away from the mission start, holy hell.

15 hours ago, Fukushu said:

I just hope they won't use the Hexagon shop as their start to microtransactions...

If wild card does this leave the game people already to this and I dropped a lot of money in games I have faith in but I will never agree with non-dlc payments in a game like this (or any game over 45 dollars)

16 minutes ago, Alphacorps said:

Wow, Reading all of this made me kind of laugh as people defending the DLC are missing a few things and vice versa.

All and all this DLC is something, new I get that. However, it does have some really bad and at best questionable, I guess I'll use some from what I saw in this forum alone.

I don't get why we can't fly in this map there's no logical reason to have this restriction in play. I see some people saying this is like aberration. Well, this isn't anything like aberration for one so that is just stupid, Aberration was a massive cave network on an ark that was malfunctioning. This meant that it wasn't too far off that flying tames/wilds would be unable to logically make the cut in terms of not dying. (due to what's alive in the caves with them)

Geneses is a map that mainly in large open areas with a clear sky within three of the five regions about to easily support flying life (bog, arctic and ocean). One being hostile to flying life (volcanic). And one being fatal (lunar). As a result genuinely no flying is just a gimp move and only a border line simp would agree it's satisfactory for the map. 

Oh god what is this? Now I get why this is a thing in the bog but what makes them annoying to deal with is that if you do decide to kill it. It's like more and more show up making it much more worth it to avoid fighting them. Alright sure they don't do much damage. Yet when players have to move away because of a swarm of bugs that mainly play as a distraction.

Spawn deaths are common thanks to the new animation. In fact I've died before the screen even shows the map.

This IS HORRIBLE yes it's useful and yes it's an exceptional thing, when optional. But when I have to transport from one spot to the next, it can make thing just awful to deal with. In fact going back to the whole spawn screen thing; how many people here were slaughtered by someone or something that you could not see because you had to fast travel and lost your kits? I know for a fact that more then half of you did even if it was just a bob kit. The point is it builds irritation from annoyance. Sure it doesn't happen all of the time, but when it happens if you don't have armor on, undoubtedly good night. All because you can't fight what you can not see.

I tried to do the bog race with the blood stockier, and I got actively angry at the frame dips, it feel like I was trying to play in high lag with low fps in a fighting game, and if anyone did that before you KNOW that's a part of video game hell.

Eh compared to the normal ark turtle, it's not bad at all really, and off on other maps it can have major use as a massive tank (I've seen some epic builds for it on facebook.) so it's more or less a plus for me dog as it gives me ideas and I think that's always a good idea.

Well now, I'm mixed on this, on one hand. It was a pain in the ass to find a spot to build, major pain in the ass at that. Yet I think because of this people will have to really think about how they are going to build and where. Well at least before mega tribes force their way in which could be the reason for the walls in between regions? (Still don't like it, though.)

All and all I do love how the map is built in terms of Regions. Each one feels like it's a part of an older map mixed with two new areas. I enjoy some of the X-dinos giving me something to take back to my tribe (Note the volcanic X Dinos are hell dinos. This is not up for debate.). Therefore it gives people a reason to get ready to tame up things and if they receive new attacks all the more better. (I hope they have new attacks.)

This is something I did not expect and provides the game a new way to play. It gives players something to do if they need a bit of a hand starting out. It feels like more or less away of teaching people how somethings work. And just a pleasant way to tell someone to D-up in dodo ball, in fact they should have added a boxing ring. That would have been fun.

This... Well, I cherish this. If I need a quick step up, I carry out a mission, get rewarded and go on my way.

All and all this dlc isn't as bad as some people saying it is. But at the same time, it has some poop to work out as somethings don't make sense. 

If wild card does this leave the game people already to this and I dropped a lot of money in games I have faith in but I will never agree with non-dlc payments in a game like this (or any game over 45 dollars)

i can easily reply to most of these reasons as o why they can be countered

1. it was stated in the lore of the game that genesis is a simulation designed to test the survivors, meaning it would make sense to disable fliers. since most of the ark player population relies on fliers this was a smart move as it pushes people to adapt. i understand where you are coming from but the easy way to fix this is play on flying enabled servers

2. again the inesect swarms are a challenge to deal with, i honestly dont mind fighting them as it adds more challenge to the bog

3. i agree on the bog killing you almost instantly, then again that can happen on all maps meaning you cant really use it as an excuse here. plus i have spawned in bog multiple times and survived spawning and surviving. 

4. fast traveling is a great idea and very cool. it adds a new dimension to ark. you cant just jump form one biome to another rather teleport there. the telporting also allows you to go from one spot in a biome to another. this is how i got my ferox easily while avoiding danger. use this mechanic to your advantage instead of complaining.

5. so far the only race that i know that lags is the spider one. the only other problems i have with the races is the creature and player interference and the obstacle collision.

7. the map encourages for smart builds, again its a simulation to test players, so once again taking away a main aspect survivors rely on is smart thinking. i have made some amazing bases because of this.

i agree with you on genesis not being the best or perfect. but its fairly good compared to some other maps cough cough extinction cough cough

so far i give genesis a 7/10

It is so ridiculous to read how the defenders of this garbage so called DLC always got an answer to every critic. 

We cant fly but got Flyers there

Answer: Yeah well they said it would be unlike everything we have seen before so it is just normal we cannot fly.

Yeah...of course 

Mission System is crap, limitation sucks ass and being forced to teleport is a Joker

Answer: Yeah well they said it is a Simulation and stuff so yeah well blabla

Genesis is just a bad attempt at trying something new. It is an attempt to sell you idiots microtransactions in the future to slowly ruin this Games Basis.

Anyone out there who played some maps and many hours and is honest would not State that Genesis is simply awesome.

It is so ridiculous to read how the defenders of this garbage so called DLC always got an answer to every critic. 
Answer: Yeah well they said it would be unlike everything we have seen before so it is just normal we cannot fly.
Yeah...of course 
Mission System is crap, limitation sucks ass and being forced to teleport is a Joker
Genesis is just a bad attempt at trying something new. It is an attempt to sell you idiots microtransactions in the future to slowly ruin this Games Basis.
Anyone out there who played some maps and many hours and is honest would not State that Genesis is simply awesome.

9k hours in this game and i have played on all maps, and genesis IS awesome. If u cant handle it go back to the other maps. Other ppl would appreciate the one free slot u gave up.

Also before I forget, If I am starting a mission, make it so wild dinos can't just attack me and pull me away from the mission start, holy hell.
Just my opinion but for point 2 and 3, they can be avoided by not going to bog and building up in other areas. Having played aber i know that when they say it is easy might not always be true. So what i did was spawn in ocean, farm some glitches swimming naked, and build up in snow. Got a small base set up in arctic without needing to go to bog and a tek rep from loot crate in storage when i got space to put it down.

32 minutes ago, Castlerock said:
1 hour ago, Eviga said:
Yeah...of course 

9k hours in this game and i have played on all maps, and genesis IS awesome. If u cant handle it go back to the other maps. Other ppl would appreciate the one free slot u gave up.

1. I am playing SP since several "good" experiences on officials and for time reasons

2. I can handle it, but i dont want to. It is not ARK that I used to know. It is a simpler ARK with microtransactions, limitations and other annoying stuff

3. I am already on other maps, dont bother

Archived