Sorry Wildcard, Genesis map is a big failure.

Qeythos

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I have no proen anything.

You have proven you can say silly things without backing up your previous comment about why this map is for PvE. Either bring something constructive to this or better yet, say nothing at all. Anything else looks bad not only on you, but since you're a volunteer moderator, also on Wildcard as a company.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Qeythos said:

You have proven you can say sillythings without backing up your previous comment about why this map is for PvE. Either bring something constructive to this or better yet, say nothing at all. Anything else looks bad not only on you, but since you're a volunteer moderator, also on Wildcard as a company.

Disagreeing with you doesn't look bad on me, my unit, the country or WildCard.

Props to whomever understands that reference.

This Map is irrelevant. Wild Card needs to finish a Game, they never finished Ark, it’s as broken as it is was in preview, yet they think that adding content is the answer. FIX THE MAIN GAME or the game is poop, I had a Huge community but now the lack of “making the game playable” has driven every one away. PLEASE FIX procedurally generated maps. This is the most broken part of ark and what makes Ark unplayable, other features include lagg, data/memory/save lose, Dino bugs, environmental and weather bugs, texture bugs, just to name a few. Ark is NOT a  AAA Game. it’s an Indy game that gained popularity though the proper means, nothing more. My fellow classmates and I have made better playable working games than this in or game Design classes. THIS GAME ARK IS A JOKE.

Agreed genesis sucks.

The part of ark I loved was the immersion of feeling like I was in a real island surviving, ,kinda breaks immersion when you run into rectangular hexagonal walls all the time.   Genesis is 5 or 6 stupid rectangles that don't transition into one another.  And a glooming dark swamp is the only easy start point where you immediately get chased by swarm after swarm of unkillable flies.  What is the point of this map.  Seems like they invented one cool dino per biome then just made some crappy maps around them so they could package up and see the next crappy installment of ark.

8 minutes ago, Soccerant10 said:

So if your classmates have made better games then ARK, why don’t you play those games and stop asking ark to fix stuff? Not trying to argue too much (I am a little pissed bc I like ark with or without the bugs) but I’m pointing that out.

Is it so much to ask for game fixes, they have the recourses to do so. Bugs since beta is a sign of careless attitude towards us the customer. But look something shiny on the horizon. I’ve been playing the Center recently and there is times in that map that would cause siezures in players. The lightning bug is so annoying but the lust is long

I love Genesis! It is up there on my list of best ark maps along with Aberration. No flyers, challenging environment, beautiful biomes, biome specific creature colours and skins. And missions! Had so much fun doing race missions with friends. I am a veteran player, who started on Island map back in the legacy days. I do enjoy classic maps as well and like every DLC, except maybe Extinction. I like how Genesis is very different, but somehow it gives me Island vibes. 

Agreed genesis sucks.
The part of ark I loved was the immersion of feeling like I was in a real island surviving, ,kinda breaks immersion when you run into rectangular hexagonal walls all the time.   Genesis is 5 or 6 stupid rectangles that don't transition into one another.  And a glooming dark swamp is the only easy start point where you immediately get chased by swarm after swarm of unkillable flies.  What is the point of this map.  Seems like they invented one cool dino per biome then just made some crappy maps around them so they could package up and see the next crappy installment of ark.
U dont have to start in bog. Other places can be safe as well. I spawn in ocean and got at least 12 glitches done naked while swimming around the whole ocean.

I think genesis is a nice looking map. Does it have flaws? Yes. Questuon is, what r they gonna do about them? 

Flaws ive seen so far; teleporting. Yes you can use HLNA to teleport anywhere. Anywhere exept home. Not the biggest flaw, but its a challange concidering u constantly need to be aware of danger (thats out of your controle) when u spawn in different areas. Especally cuz your character loads in the zone befor your display/being able to use your wapons =u die alot befor even have a chance to protect yourself or to se whats attacking u.

Also spawning in after u died. You can spawn in the different biomes, but not choose more specific as u can when u use HLNA to teleport. Wich means u actually have to do both to get even close to grab your body in time. I mean i can get with that, but is that the best for the servers tho? It feels like te unneccecery teleporting will make the servers lag even more.

No flyers and no real use for tek suit. I get that u cant use a flyer in luna. (You are in space lol). And i get that u wont be able to use a flyer in the volcano. I accept that. But to use a flyer in the snow should be allowed. Even in the bog. Flying in the bog would be a bit like flying in redwoods. But instead of a thyla snatching u from your mount its a bloodstalker. 

Tek suit on the other hand is just a fancy scooba suit with the abillity to prevent breking a leg when u jump off a cliff. Whats the point playing the game with no reward or abillity to play arround? I dont buy peoples argument that it would be to easy on official when transportation opens up. When u have spent the x ammounts of hrs to unlock tek, and the x ammount of hrs grinding for ele, you should be rewarded. Or atleast come up with something new like a tek suit, but instead a fancy glidesuit that u can controle a bit more then the normal glidesuit. I mean, u can use tek suits to snatch wyvern and rockdrake eggs. Ans i can tell u this, u need finess to get away with it even if u have a tek suit on. 

Bugs that hapened to me. The game teleports me whitout me using HLNA. Swinging in the volcano with my grapplinghooks sent me to space. Littarly. Got eaten by a bunch of tek rexes. 

Also when a bloodstalker grabbs u, sometimes they swing u all over bog. And they can apparantly grab u from a very far distans. But most of the time u get stuck in a tree or in a rock or it might drag u trough the waters getting chased by raptors and baryonyx at the same time. Ive never experienced that it got the chance to start sucking my blood. And then, the ammounts of bloodpacks it east, i dont mind it. What i do mind is that its harder to get than the best kibble. Atleast open up that we can tame a dino and drain the dinos blood.

Our tribe booted up our private server again with Genesis, but there's definitely some gripes we have with the DLC, especially starting out fresh again:

• Ocean map is extremely limited to build upon
  • Swarms in the bog are spawning too often
  • Starting out fresh, it's extremely hard to get anything done. I understand it's way easier if you have an established base somewhere and can jump between maps, but that's not a possibility for everyone.
  • The X-dino's feel a tad too overpowered

Outside that we're playing and trying to deal with with stuff as they come along, but I can understand the gripes that people have with the map.
Like Extinction it seems to be focused again on large tribes.

34 minutes ago, Eviga said:

Besides some Mod here and some retarded Streamers I Think almost everyones got the same opinion:

This DLC is trash, the worst so called "map" ever. Bad for all who cannot get their money back. I did get my money back and hell yes I am happy.

Glad you got your money back.

Again, you are making assumptions that almost everyone hates it but that's not the case according to Steam reviews. Yes there are some issues but I feel a lot of the grudge comes from people who are taken out of their confort zone and cant/refuse to adapt to a different playstyle.

For me Extinction remains the biggest failure from WC.
- Titans easily killable/tameable with minimal efforts.
- Transferable titans to other map. Let's not mention the desert one (a flyer) in Aberration.
- Managarmr, which were so broken OP, they required as many nerfs as gigas.
- Snow Owls were retarded for quite a long time, until the nerfs came in.
- The map on its own rendered acquiring Tek trivial.
- Gachas that could be picked up by PTs on the first few days because WC failed to test such a basic feature.
- Gachas that could produce items so retarded strong that it rendered caves/deep sea crates obsolete.
- Meks which are monstrous in PvP.
- Plenty of holes in the mesh and other mesheable spots.
- Etc.

Extinction was clearly an untested rushed product from WC. Genesis is sure lacking in some areas but I've yet to see anything as gamebreaking in nature or that can be compared to the fiasco of Extinction.

I wonder what's the overall general reception of the DLC. In my opinion, it's atrocious, but again, this DLC has been designed with a very specific target player in mind and I can imagine people who may have great fun here.

As far as I can see there is a lot of negativity in forums and social media, but that's understandable. If you're pissed off you are going to vent off, but if you like the game you'll be busy playing it instead, so we may as well be a vocal minority. That being said, at this point Steam reviews are mostly negative (well, they show up as 'mixed', but it's something like 60% negative to 40% positive; in comparison, Extinction, the worst reviewed DLC before this one, was only 40% negative). Meanwhile, some devs have been saying how this release is their best one yet in Twitter and how Ark is doing such great numbers today. It's hard to draw conclusions and perhaps it'll be best to wait until the dust settles.

I worry about all this because I dislike the direction Ark is going. I couldn't care less about dodo basketball, manta races, in-game currency shops and funny talking bot companions. I just want big maps with plenty of crannies and secrets to explore, more dinos, more weapons, more progression, and more of the things which made Ark great, in my opinion. I just hope the devs hear the criticism, despite how emotional it can be, and provide us more of the things they disregarded in this DLC for the next one.

This post fills most of the categories i feel most unhappy with Genesis tbh, there's a lot i would say but I'm making my own post just so Wildcard notice more of us expressing the real problem about this expansion. I have play over 2 days almost straight and believe me when i say this 80% of the DLC is a waste of money straight up no sugar code no bs do not buy this DLC. Yes Ark it's hard but this Map is not hard its just designed so horribly.

I tried it.

Created new avatar on Ocean and leveled it up to 38.

I managed to craft raft as there is no free earth to build on.

I got used with teleport system, earned some hexagons and managed to craft mortar, forge, smithy, bed.

I even tamed two dodos and had all on raft.

I hoped to reach level 53 to learn ocean platform engram to do base.

But there is neurotic big fish, Destroyed at least 10 raft, also those reinforced with stone. That around on small isle. You get there by choosing E.

No point to level up for platform if it can be so easy destroyed.

As i don't want to go to swamp biome in fog and darkness and other two biomes i die just from cold or hot i unclaimed dodos and leaved genesis.

Parked my ava on extinction, maybe  will be handy to supply dust to my main on island.

I think i paid pass on avgust 13 so is  half year of hopes and nothing.

Archived