Sorry Wildcard, Genesis map is a big failure.

Qeythos

It’s seems it’s just an arcade version of ark. Tell me how is PvP suppose to happen when 1 tribe builds up so much that a fob can never get put down because of build restrictions. 

The teleport is so bad that I really am shocked by it, I was loading in and got killed. I now know why everything was kept quiet. They gave us eye candy pictures that lead to people thinking this and that. But in truth it’s designed for new people and PVE servers. I don’t mind that it was designed for them but keeping everything hidden until everyone is paid up is just distasteful. 

I can also see why it went out on all platforms at the same time. If pc dropped first, console sales number would of been hit because the PvP community would of been like WT: is this. 

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Owataday said:

It’s seems it’s just an arcade version of ark. Tell me how is PvP suppose to happen when 1 tribe builds up so much that a fob can never get put down because of build restrictions. 

Seems like they built a map more geared towards PvE since that's most of their player base.

10 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Seems like they built a map more geared towards PvE since that's most of their player base.

Joe man I know your not thick and that my main points You can’t get into. But don’t try and play this off in simple terms like PVE player base blah blah blah. You And I can see the PVE side of it so why were we not fully explained it so everyone was clear on the direction. I enjoy it but I can’t teleport with anything because some dude will kill me. Should I just go with: ah well it’s my fault for playing the real survivor mode which is PvP

25 minutes ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:
28 minutes ago, tbfrnritunbv6 said:

nonsense - I bet there's a lot of people enjoying this, myself included.

Plus, isn't it everybody's own choice to decide whether or not they'll give money before knowing what the finished product is going to be like?

They conned the community by not saying what it was. They did that on purpose. Yes everyone is there own master but to maximize profit they conned half the community. I look at things from a company point of view and I try not to narrow it to my own view. I like the DLC so let’s get that straight but once again it’s bad form from Wildcard. 

So sick of seeing the PvE argument coming up again and again while it's complete and utter BS.
If Genesis was solely focused on PvE, Astrocetus wouldn't exists in th first place....

A part of my post taken from here :

I'm aware that a large portion of players do play PvE mostly, thus all the tears when somone gets raided, etc. However, it's funny to see creatures like the Astrocetus which are 100% PvP oriented in a PvE DLC.

- Can't enter boss arena (drag weight is too high).
- Gunship (twin turrets).
- Bombing abilities...

So much for PvE with that one...

So sick of seeing the PvE argument coming up again and again while it's complete and utter BS.
If Genesis was solely focused on PvE, Astrocetus wouldn't exists in th first place....
A part of my post taken from here :
I'm aware that a large portion of players do play PvE mostly, thus all the tears when somone gets raided, etc. However, it's funny to see creatures like the Astrocetus which are 100% PvP oriented in a PvE DLC.
- Can't enter boss arena (drag weight is too high).
- Gunship (twin turrets).
- Bombing abilities...
So much for PvE with that one...
Why cant use it for pve? Im planning on using it to wreck havoc on wild land dinos next time

First let me say: Genesis is not ARK. Is this bad?  Yes and no. It just depends where you sit at.  For everyone who played ARK until now, Genesis is not what people want and love about ARK. And, like I said, this can be bad or good depending how you look at it. WC took a big gamble here and tried to shaken up the known formula. They always try this with every expansion pack. Instead of just giving you more of the usual they add new ingredients to it, mix it up, shaken it up and create something new with it. But, this does not mean that the outcome is tasty. As in the case of Genesis. I honestly applaud WC for trying this and I love them for this. 

It just did not work for Genesis. You can see what WC wanted to do here, you can see their ideas left and right BUT they didnt fully develope and formulate. Genesis would have needed way more time to fully develope, to get the ideas that WC had fully worked out. To formulate and work on the basis and try new things. You can see that they try to venture into the misson way, just, they don't have enough experience to bring this over. But how could they? They make survival games and not mission type games. Another year wouldve needed for this expansion, way more testing, way more experimenting with ideas and way more creativity. Less time constraint and just needing to let the game simmer, taste it again and again until you have something that tastes good. 

Thankfully, we have Genesis part 2 coming out. And I hope that you will take the feedback from part 1 and build upon it. Get rid of the teleporting, make bigger biomes, bring back the survival aspect and building that everyone loves, combine it with the mission design, flesh out the mission design, create some intersting missions, mission chains, go just hogwild here WC! Us Ark players are used to waiting, go for summer 2021 for part 2 if needed. You disappointed alot of players, please take the time to fix this and bring it out how it should be. 

progress should never be stripped away because of a new expansion, that's a day 1 rule that every dev should know by heart. Taking away years of tek progress ? amateur hour over at Wild Card, I guess they let the summer interns design the map/gameplay. Hey guys here's a new map, but ya about all that time you spent on our game supporting us over the years, we really appreciate it buuuuut now you can't use it because stuff, again have we thanked you for your continued support ?

2 hours ago, Castlerock said:

I doubt it will be useful in pvp when transfers open, im guessing ppl will bring manas and just keep freezing and killing them, and if they try to escape by warping, the manas will catch up after a few seconds.

Manas cant freeze when they take damage and the one relatively safe haven against a mana is the sky, so yes I see a flying teleporting whale with 3 gun turrets and energy bombs being able to go toe to toe with a mana.

16 minutes ago, TeraDestroyer said:

Everyone bitching and complaining about flyers need to get over themselves there's a hover skiff,faster then a flyer and the game needed a change of pace the no flying thing in my opinion is one of the better features of the map now people have to get off the griffens and learn to actually pvp

You're entitled to your opinion, mine is pretty black and white, you allow for people to time sink in order to progress and get new shiny stuff, then you take away the option to use said stuff. There's plenty of ways to achieve the same result without slapping the players in the face and wasting a multitude of hours spend grinding for gear and dinos just to take it away. It actually seems really lazy like they couldn't be bothered to brain storm.

Genesis RUBBISH

What a waste of time what is this map it just doesnt feel like ark, cant even fly, go ahead ban me from your forums for saying somthing bad about your game im done anyway what a load of utter rubbish is this all you guys can think of really - no imagination or creativity whatsoever, DULL DULL DULL. Gaiming in 2020 summarised in one expansion from what was once a good game.

This expansion is very fun so far. I am sorry that some people don't like it. If you ever remembered getting into Ark for the first time, you may remember dying every 3 seconds to the harsh environment, animals, and your own stupid mistakes. This is no different. There are different challenges in each biome that force you to act differently and gather different resources. The bog is a little rough on the spawn for sure. I did get killed the first few times and had trouble getting started. Like I said before, this is fairly typical for Ark. You have to overcome and deal with these challenges, although the spawn should be safer.

I am disappointed that there is not flying. That does put a damper on things, although I understand why they would do this in some of the biomes. It definitely doesn't make sense in the volcanic and the ocean biome. These should allow flying so you can get from land pillar to land pillar.

The other thing that did disappoint me at first was the inability to travel between biomes. This bothered me at first but I found that I like them being more exclusive. It digs deep into the feeling of being in that biome when you can't just walk from frozen --> lava --> ocean --> lunar. It has been done similarly in other maps but I like this exclusivity.  You can still bring things from other biomes but you have to teleport. This is okay with me but you have to make sure you have some animal buddies with you or there is a good chance that you will just die. 

This being said, although it took me a bit to make a good base, it is wonderful and I am glad that I stuck with it. I feel as though it takes resources and animals from the past biomes to survive the next and this is pretty neat. I like this because I will end up with a cool base in each of the biomes. Getting from base to base is the only issue. x) Just remember folks, this is a new (and different) installation that is separate from the old map sets. It should be different and it should play at least somewhat differently. If it was the same, it should have just been another map in the previous set. Keep working and tweaking and this can be a super fun.

Everyone needs to stop hating on genesis. The map is really well designed for what I believe it was meant for. Genesis part 1 was small cause it’s not meant to be a main map nor was it meant to be a map to start on. It is meant to be a trail that you go on to later in the game. I’m assuming part 2 will have the expansive map and even more Dino’s that people are wanting. I don’t think genesis is mean to be a map that people start out on. Also the bugs aren’t even that bad ( compared to other DLCs )

You know what? I take it back, yes I hate the map, however love the new dino’s and extra stuff that they brought with it, hell, I just spawned all these dinos and water platform on my valguero server, its wicked as hell lol, still bringing them in and I’m loving it. So, kudos for that at least, hell was only 30$ to begin with, that’s 2 12pack of beer ? ttyl, going to spawn in the famous turtle lol

Here’s my take on Genesis

Map: biomes were a cool idea, and it’s nice that they’re trying knew stuff, but they didn’t add in a safe biome, or any readily accessible safe havens for starting players. Like the safe biome wouldn’t have to be even that safe. It would be fine if it was a more of a forest bike with the occasional raptors, Dilos and very rare carno. But you need to give players a place where they can get started and gather basic materials without getting mauled by a sarco or insect swarm before you can do much make tools and a spear. Give a biome where you can make a base, tame some basic protective Dino’s, gather some basic resources etc.

Dinos: Good job with the new turtle and blood stalker and other Dinos. Space whale seems a bit... odd but it’s good for comedic affect among other things. pretty stupid how you can’t have flying mounts, but I get that flying mounts were a tad overpowered... but now the only ways over getting around without getting absolutely mauled in the bog are grappling hooks (costly to make without mods) and bloodstalkers (hard to get without said grapples and bleeding yourself out multiple times) 

Helena(Robotic Drone Lady): the shop was a cool Idea, especially coupled with the fact that anywhere you go to get resources your equally likely to get mauled, from collecting berries to getting metal. I like how she explains things, and the currency was a nice idea overall if no something I think of as traditionally an Ark thing. 

I’m saying this based on watching from other people’s perspectives bc I haven’t actually bought the DLC yet, and I agree that if this was meant to be a standalone, WC messed it up quite a bit. But bc it’s more meant to be a supportive feature for another DLC, you can’t really judge it to well without seeing the other DLC/additives now can you? However, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, and you can hate on me for saying this as free speech and all that.

Genesis is the worst DLC yet.  The only people who are playing it are streamers like Hillbillywilly, Omni, Spooxy, Icebox, Mummabear...who all congregate on one server and bully anyone else trying to play there.  They've taken over GenOne609 and that is the problem with official servers...join a mega or be bullied out.

Archived