I’m I the only one that is disappointed?

MooseX

I’m I the only one that is disappointed?

Seriously the biomes are small, yes, they are gorgeous, but unlivable, even the easy one you get swarm by bugs like crazy, there is no sunlight in the Bog. You can tame flyers, but you CAN’T FLY them. Can’t use a tek jet pack as well. what the hell is the point…

I love huge open worlds to explore, this one Genesis well not for me…

Positive note:

Love the new metal ocean platform.

Love the hexagon exchange system, well love the store concept.

Mission concept ok.

But where is the real huge open world that we are used to have? Why is WC grounding us without the ability to fly?

11 minutes ago, MooseX said:

Why is WC grounding us without the ability to fly?

I mean they brought in a flying space whale and a hover-skiff ( that can actually fly) in the same dlc, so maybe it's supposed to be a map where you can only fly in the endgame ?

13 minutes ago, MooseX said:

You can tame flyers, but you CAN’T FLY them. Can’t use a tek jet pack as well. what the hell is the point…

Although i agree here, this is kinda weird

I know they could Patch some stuff. Like being able to Fly. Since there are animals that can fly and be tamed. So senseless...

But they wont change the map into a real Big open world like all the ark maps and therefore this DLC will remain as the worst ever. 

My disapointment Level is on Maximum. Tested it once again last night and its just a waste of money and time. 

My wife and I play Ark on a private, dedicated server using consoles (XBox). We pre-purchased Genesis, but grew concerned as information leaked out before release. Unfortunately it became clear that Genesis was going to be nothing like we hoped for (i.e., not another DLC like Scorched Earth, Aberration, or Extinction). And this was confirmed when it became clear that Genesis is not a large, open world environment, that only a few new non-dino creatures were being added (and only for the Genesis simulation), that the new mission system was only bring added to the Genesis simulation.

We think Wild Card has lost their way by moving so far away from the traditional "real" dinos. They continue to add more and more Tek. Also, they continue to NOT FIX KNOWN bugs in the existing game/environments. Ark is becoming more and more of a sci-fi game rather than a primitive survival game.

The Genesis release is far too buggy for the older maps too considering that WC delayed release twice. It's clear their pre-release testing regime is inadequate, especially for the gaming consoles and their already released environments. We're finding many bugs and problems with Ark running on our Ragnarok server (dyed items have changed color, whistles broken again, creative mode movent speed is bugged, some kind of dark demarkation line that moves across the terrain in the distance as we move about, tranq darts and arrows are nerfed (working like primitive level even with Ascendent weapons), the list goes on and on).

At this point, we WILL NOT be purchasing Ark2 until after it is released (assuming Ark2 ever becomes a thing). And if Ark2 is anything like Genesis, we will pass on it and stay with the old Ark. We're sorry we bought Genesis.

Considering this is a 2 part expansion set, maybe part two will bring it around. I do agree with most here that the map and features themselves are a bit underwhelming, but as a whole part 1 has plenty to offer. People are rightly judging Genesis to the other DLC's, especially Extinction since it was the last one released. This is where people are getting the idea Genesis is weak. Stand alone Genesis is quite a good addition. 

The creatures added are great and I actually enjoy and agree with the implementation of the shop option for some odd and end items while playing. The costs could possibly be reworked a bit. The teleportation between zones is fun, but seems like a cheap way to get around no flying. The areas themselves look good, some we haven't seen before and with new features.

Overall: 7/10

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I'd let you guys know, If you are on single player or are an admin on another unofficial server you can fly on birds and such by using the admin command "forcetame" on the animal. You can also build in restricted areas by checking the box "Allow cave building in PvE" and also check the box "PvE mode"

Hope this helps someone

Just thought I would let you guys know that if you are playing single player or are the admin of an unofficial server you can fly birds and such by using the admin command "forcetame" on the creature. Also, if you want to build in/on restricted areas you can check the box "Allow cave building in PvE" but the server has to be PvE, to make a single player game or server PvE check the "PvE mode" in the settings.

I hope this helps someone.

Not even close. Genesis is the weakest map wildcard have released. its basically a loveletter to PvE players but then proceeds to block you from building on most of the map, while also not being that great for any resource farm, and also filling the map full of some of the most hated creatures wildcard have ever released (prolovia, Kapros, Eels) crank the spawns up to 11, endless bug swarms.

Also i think wildcard  still hasnt learned that if they want to make players navigate from the ground they need to make it easy to navigate. Navigating the volcano biome on foot is horrible. 

I was very disappointed too with Genesis in the beginning.  I'm not saying it's a load of poo as my view is purely subjective rather than objective; it's only my opinion.  However, I have not played it since, and perhaps I have been too hasty and not given it a chance.  I will go back a revisit it.  It seems silly for me to have purchased the Genesis season pass and not give it a decent chance. 

Like I said in other posts, I quit because of the teleport system, this does not work that good on all maps, you either DC or die before you spawned in, that said I'm not disappointed with the map itself, people who say the map is too small must think of part 2 this may extend the map that is there at the moment  who knows?

Also in part 2 they may open up fliers who knows what they have planed, Ark is my main game at the moment and although I don't play it (Genesis) I am happy to support the Devs and the future development of the game.

Lets end the convo like this.... Anyone super Hyped for Crystal Isles>???

Archived