Major breakage in the release...

Xenithar

Major breakage in the release...

OK, Genesis should have been pushed back to March. I have a backup of right before launching after we updated to Genesis, thank God! We lost hundreds of dinos, the server log is being spammed so hard I only have a few hours before it fills the entire RAID array and brings down an actual server, and every setting has been reset despite no new settings which I can find.

1. My settings got reset. Why? It took ages to tweak them. You didn't even warn me or make a backup for me. This is stupid since I see no real changes. No new settings, no nothing. It literally just reset my stuff for giggles.
  2. The server erased everybody's zomdodos from the last event. My tribe alone is missing over 100 dinos and since we do not have an accurate count on the zomdodos we have no clue whether or not the dodos are all we lost. Why? Why are our dinos going poof?
  3. My server console is being spammed with an "AllActors" line. In an hour or so my drive will be maxed out. What the actual heck? Everything I read states that it is due to dino remap mods. The mod authors are saying something was broken on your side, AGAIN. This happened once before, only without the log spam.

So when can we restore our backup and at least get our zomdodos back and use our mods? This is pure crap...

This happened before. Wildcard did something which broke all dino remap mods so mods such as Classic Flyers were broken. In the end Wildcard fixed their end and everything went back to working. It appears that some core changes were made which again broke remap mods and either Wildcard is at fault and needs to fix it, or they have yet to document whatever it is they changed so modders can adapt. From what every modder is saying however, there is an issue on WC's side that they cannot work around.

Also, we're taking massively popular mods here which have run fine for years. Things like the actual Structures Plus mod and Classic Flyers. Use at your own risk is not even part of the equation here. Besides, WC gives out the tools to mod specifically so we can create and use mods. It's not like we're hooking processes and loading stuff in like an aimbot would.

Candies are gone too. I have always kept a few from each event dating back over a year or so. Not sure why these were an issue but Jesus, how about options for our servers to not delete this stuff? Our cluster (seven servers) had zero performance issues, candies or not. I still get around 30fps on a freaking RTX 2080 Ti on The Island when I go near a town. Deleting these candies and zomdodos literally did not affect my framerate. Server CPU performance history graphs still line up to within 1% of each other. I lost hundreds of dinos and all my candy for a 1% improvement?

4 hours ago, HiImZech said:

even event dinos are deleted

Candies yes, event dinos? no. Not sure what issue you're having but on PC (unofficial at least) all event dinos are still present and accounted for. I'm a very calm person as a rule, but I'd lose my poop totally if all my event dinos that I work so hard for suddenly vanished ?

Oh great, zombie wyverns also? Will somebody please explain to me how one dino can magically use more resources (CPU/RAM) than another? I call BS on this. As a life-long programmer myself I fail to see how a zomdodo uses any more power than a normal dodo. It's just got a different 3D model, or perhaps it is merely a skin. Either way why the heck would these specific creatures eat any more or less resources than any other dino?

Guess I need to inform our SE and Rag players they lost a ton of wyverns now! Servers are down until the remap issue is fixed.

*EDIT*

How is this a server administration issue? The topic was moved to server admin? So it's my fault my configurations were erased with the release of Genesis? My fault we lost numerous dinos and items? My fault dino remapping is broken? What the actual F? This is NOT an administration issue, the game is broken right now!

Archived