Ark Genesis - my first impression

Myrm

Ark Genesis - my first impression

Just launched Genesis, into the Bog map. I have set dino spawn rate at 0.25%, as I personally prefer to see less creatures around me. 

I have literally only played for half an hour, but here goes for my first initial impression.

I love the look, sounds and general atmosphere of the bog map. Looks and sounds great. Thank God my character, when respawning from death, doesn’t waste valuable time in yawning, scratching his arm and looking about. I found that so infuriating in the other Ark games, especially when you spawn next to a hostile creature. 

HNBL, or whatever it’s called can be a bit annoying, but I am pleased I can reduce the frequency of her chatter. 

What I don’t like so far are the incessant insect swarms. I have read that you can hit them with fire. I have made a torch and am wildly swinging it at them, but to no avail.  It doesn't seem to bother them. I wouldn’t mind if it was the occasional swarm. However, it seems they are incessant. 

The missions, so far, are awful. Stupid I would go so far as to say. Prior to the release of Genesis, when I read that there would be missions, I was quite excited. However, when I launched Genesis and looked at the missions, what do I see? Throw a dodo through a hoop. Race around a bog. Have I accidentally selected a kindergarten level of the game?  I am not sure if the missions need to be completed in order to progress in the game. 

So far, for me, Genesis, though it looks great, is a bit of a disappointment. Hopefully it will get better as I progress. But please, devs, reduce the insect swarms in the bog. 

Oh, and when I exited the game just now. Blue Screen of Death (PS4 Pro). 

I am quite displeased as well first up the swarms but you can kill them in 3d person so whatever but the real problem is the missions are mostly really tedious with some being downright impossible I know some of them sound easy but any race ones are impossible on any difficulty higher than gamma like the testers didn’t even test them out 

Archived