Genesis Crossplay Win 10 & Xbox

Genesis Crossplay Win 10 & Xbox

I host a server on PC (Win 10 version, not Steam) and i've purchased the Genesis Season Pass. To clarify, there are currently 2 season passes, 1 for Xbox and 1 for "PC" (Windows 10 version), and in their descriptions, neither says it's compatible with the other. The season pass i have is for Xbox and it is installed and working just fine. When i sign in on PC, i'm prompted to download the Genesis DLC when trying to launch from the Ark menu. The prompt takes me to the Windows store to purchase the PC version of the Pass. In the past, Ark has been a Play Anywhere Title, meaning i can purchase the game or DLC from my Xbox or the Microsoft Store on PC and download/play/host from either device with a single purchase. With this in mind i have a few questions and my hope is that someone from Wildcard can answer them for me:

1. Is Ark Genesis still Play Anywhere, can Xbox and PC (Win 10) players still crossplay together?

2. If they are still compatible, is it intentional that we have to buy the Season Pass on both platforms?

Please answer with as much detail/explanation as you can. I look forward to any information that anyone can provide and Thank You to those who take the time to respond.

Archived