effin sick i dont have genesis but still have 20gb download

ItWasntMe

21 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Your client needs to be updated, so that you can access the Genesis items, tames, etc. on other maps through admin/trading.

Yes but i havent bought genesis, find it hard to believe 20gb for a client update lol ,anyway im now 53% so wont get it downloaded today because im going for a drink.

1 hour ago, ItWasntMe said:

Yes but i havent bought genesis, find it hard to believe 20gb for a client update lol ,anyway im now 53% so wont get it downloaded today because im going for a drink.

You only buy Genesis to access the map. All creatures, Items, and other additions are added straight to Ark so that you can still interact with them properly. If they didn't do this, you'd be stuck playing with others who don't have the DLC. Same would go for Scorched, Aberration, and Extinction. 

Basically the whole game and all it's files got replaced. Including all texture files. ( Don't know why that was necessary ) That's why the download was so big. When I ran my backup tonight ( that only copies files that have changed ) it backed up the whole 120gb+ files of Ark. So everything got changed for some reason. Even your ini files was wiped and replaced. ( I had to redo all of mine ). The update did not just add the new assets , but replaced all previous files as well. Why ????? I dunno.
And while on the topic of textures , the game looks way worse now than before the update. Same settings as before with way worse textures now. It's the first thing I immediately saw when I started my Island map.

Archived