Genesis Easy Zone (what ?!)

WaltZie

29 minutes ago, Jaywall said:

Seems like the type of map you shouldn’t start from scratch on. You should transfer a survivor and some tames for a good and average start to the map. If you can’t do those things... then god speed 

Can you transfer tames?   Hell If I can actually finally port off of scorched (if I can actually log in today), not sure if I want to even do gensis....

Yeah it's a rough. After countless deaths I started to get a foothold and can offer a clearer path to a foothold.

SW HLNA Bog teleport takes you right in front of Blue Ob and you can build on the hills up the hill from hob to get started there. Definitely recommend this spot when porting in. 

NW Ocean has a nice pocket in the corner, might have a few eels, a shark or two. Tame Basilos first, passive tame therefore not an uphill battle knocking out X-*. Also  there are a ton of eels *everywhere*. I tamed two, male and a female to get mating boost, throw a saddle on both for the big initial damage reduction. Everytime you teleport to NW ocean you go that exact same spot also, so you can bring materials in. Lots of turtle spawns from that spot towards center of map. 

NW Volcano takes you to a tar?/water pool that has a handful of herbivores and potentially a carnivore or two. Usually quiet enough to throw down something or teleport in with a dino to scout. I'd bring a dino that for lack of better terms is "disposable" ;). 

Real important note here: If you want to find an ob/console go to your menu and select the new mission tab [!]. You can select the closest mission, which seem to always start from an ob/console. Great way to get to an ob quickly to transfer dinos and gear around.

Taming torpidity formula is bugged or X-* dino just required more tranqs to down, at least during my taming. Took me ~400 tranq arrows from a 280 ascendent crossbow (Xmas BP drop) to drop a X-Mosa. Combine that with the darkness at night and whirlpools you can't see picking you up every few minutes and throwing you around the bottom of the ocean... Maybe that's why I used to many arrows? rofl ;)

If you see an Alpha Tuso be careful. Seriously. Killing a high level one in genesis is not the same, It was more intense than alpha boss arena fights. Took five 140+ basilos with mastercraft saddles, 25k health, %500 melee. Left with one ragged near dead basilo, an ascendant fishing rod and nightmares for life.

Archived