Insect swarm is broken

Insect swarm is broken

A few min into the game and I get attacked by a insect swarm. It killed me the first few times, thats ok. But after finding out that fire does alot of damage, i killed off the first attack. Seconds later, another swarm comes in, killed it. A few seconds later another comes and killed it. Once you figure it out, they are easy to kill, but they are very annoying. I shouldn't spend 10-30 min killing these bugs over and over and over again. Rather this was intentional or not, this is way too much. I can't play the game at all without being attacked with these insect swarms every few seconds. Please make them less or remove them entirely.

Edited by Arsonistt

If you are playing on ps4 you have to be in third person to hurt them with fire. I was having the same issue of not being able to hit them.

I also agree that it is ridiculous. It took me 10 minutes standing there doing nothing but killing the bugs with fire over and over again without them stopping. Like every time i killed a swarm another one came after me without me even moving. 

It is entirely unplayable. WC really needs to start fixing the issues on this game. Like I love ark and I will continue to play it. But they really need to take their fan bases opinions into consideration and listen when they have so many of us having issues with something.

Really disappointed this time at spending so much money only to not even want to touch the new map at all because of this.

I thought the same thing... the bog is supposed to be "easy" but I die to insects 2 minutes into the game... spawn back in and same thing happens again. I finally got away from them, but how am I supposed to craft anything to armor or defend myself if I can't go 2 feet without being swarmed by bugs or grabbed by a damn bloodstalker. I do not consider the bog to be a starter zone. 

The swarms spawn and respawn endlessly for me. I have used destroywilddinos command to kill them and they are ALWAYS the first things to respawn within like 2 seconds. You kill one swarm and 2 more replace it immediately. Only way to clear an area is to teleport away (I got to ocean biome) and teleport back. I get like 5-10 minutes without swarms this way. Needs a fix right now.

Maybe they should have delayed release a bit longer. The bugs are so freaking broken. It's not playable.

My husband and I were so excited to have a new map to play together. Even in split screen with two ppl the swarms are unmanageable.

Plus the whistle is broken and we can't even hit the damn things unless we're in third person. Mochops do demolish the swarms fast though, if you can keep it from running off.

Fix this crap wild card!

Edited by Vanesti
spelling

I own a small PvE server on Ps4, currently the bog is unplayable. Seems spawns in the swamp are spread out or don't exist. 

Only thing that seems to spawn and by the bucket load are Bug Swarms. Not one or two, I'm talking 10 chasing a player at a time, kill 1 and 3 more appear, to the point I spent two hours with a friend killing swarm after swarm and they never stopped coming.

I see videos on YouTube with pc players complaining, yet I laugh as it's one measly small swarm. Spawn rate is just insane on PS4. Bog biome is unplayable currently.

23 hours ago, Julmust said:

Yes this is buggy bugs. After one maintenance I load in to Bog and NO insect swarms for 10 min, after that it starts and just get worse and worse. You need to have several torches and they only last a couple of hits. Swarms hitbox is on the ground aswell. Did the dodoball thing which I enjoyed even though the swarm got insane, lol.

I just cheated and spawned in a flamethrower and ammo. I only use it for the swarms. I accept my fate if killed by another Dino.

I've got a few tips on dealing with the swarms as well as observations too.

1. Spikes do nothing, however Dinogates they don't seem to fly through. It's strange how they get through walls, but a gate stops em.

2. Tame a Parasaur asap. Put it in turret alarm mode. Swarms are easier to hit/spot when u know where they're coming from and can see where to hit.

3. Decent Paracer makes light work of swarms and it's damage radius hits all in a area.

Swarms seem to come in waves and all at once spawn. It possible the bug spawning them is connected to the weather? When they all spawn it's like 12-15 at once at it base at once. If you manage to kill them all, you may get a 20-30 min break. When one swarm sees you it drags 3 closeby, agro range on that is insanely large, to the point it feels like it's pulling every swarm on the server 2 you. (Could be the case too lol)

If you want to avoid any of this until hotfix, make ur base camp in the ocean biome 4 now and make a teleport spot a outpost. Makes it easy 4 resource runs as I've found Crystal and metal are easy to get at Bog NW at the tree near teleport point. Hope this helps.

Plz fix this asap on console!!!

Edited by Damolious
3 hours ago, Damolious said:

I've got a few tips on dealing with the swarms as well as observations too.

1. Spikes do nothing, however Dinogates they don't seem to fly through. It's strange how they get through walls, but a gate stops em.

2. Tame a Parasaur asap. Put it in turret alarm mode. Swarms are easier to hit/spot when u know where they're coming from and can see where to hit.

3. Decent Paracer makes light work of swarms and it's damage radius hits all in a area.

Swarms seem to come in waves and all at once spawn. It possible the bug spawning them is connected to the weather? When they all spawn it's like 12-15 at once at it base at once. If you manage to kill them all, you may get a 20-30 min break. When one swarm sees you it drags 3 closeby, agro range on that is insanely large, to the point it feels like it's pulling every swarm on the server 2 you. (Could be the case too lol)

If you want to avoid any of this until hotfix, make ur base camp in the ocean biome 4 now and make a teleport spot a outpost. Makes it easy 4 resource runs as I've found Crystal and metal are easy to get at Bog NW at the tree near teleport point. Hope this helps.

Plz fix this asap on console!!!

I'd be much happier if they fixed the console resetting our settings every time we log out. That is crazy annoying.

The swarms are the most annoying thing WC came up with. Not only im exasperated by them, im ready to quit this fn map even playing ark if nothing is done to nerf them!!!  This is the only biome i want to live in but in these conditions, i will stop playing the game for my own sanity! They just drives me literally nuts!

1- cant catch a FN break!

2- they agro for a FN mile and once there is one coming at you, be assured that 15 will follow!!!!

3- i cant get a FN rest even while taking shelter in my FN base!  How dumb is that!? 

4- Hitbox is way too small

5- nerf the FK out of them or im FKg out of Ark!

Ok, so I went back to the bog from my home in Artic. But this time with my Yutyrannus. Swarms didnt attack me as long as I was mounted and tbh even if they did they died instantly. No other dinos attacked me either, only kept a distance from a spino and alpha carno. 

Went to play some more dodoball, lol, 2 other guys were there one with Yuturannus and other with rex. Without any words (text or voice) we played some rounds. One at a time, protected by the other 2 dinos. Was a nice moment. ?

The swarm was like crazy at first and some time in we got a nice break with no insrct spawns at all. This mechanic is reaallly broken. ?

*Edit I play solo on official, so any losses are really painful. lol

Edited by Julmust