So What Do You Think About Genesis?

BestSettings

So What Do You Think About Genesis?

How would you rate this map on scale 1 to 10? Do you think it's worth the wait?

Added this map to my server, invited everyone in my discord to join the new map, everyone play for a while, but then almost all of them went back into Ragnarok. I can't see myself playing this for hours. I upgraded my PC to RTX 2080 at January just for this game, then it got delayed, so I wait and wait until today, and wait a few more hours of delay and bug (missing files that cause downtime on my server, luckily someone uploaded the files in bug section.) Finally the long wait is over, but what I get in the end is boring.

What I dislike about the game:

• Teleportation...
  • Small scattered biomes (The world just don't feel complete...)
  • Bunch of mission zones you can't build in...
  • No flyer
  • Mission system...
  • Annoying HLNA

What I like about the game:

• Cool biomes

Overall I feel like this is more like a single player game or co-op game that focus on completing mission on each biomes then move to next biomes, then eventually fight the boss. What I and (at least) players in my discord like about ARK is the game play where we can really build and grow something as a tribe, then competing with other tribes in one BIG OPEN WORLD.

P/S: I am not saying the game is bad, it's just I think the new map are for different type of audience.

from what i played i liked it. but there are a few problems i had 

Biomes: the Biomes are Fun but just the way that they were Blocked off kinda annoyed me. if it was kinda like Extinction were you can cross to the biomes on foot and how many areas feel Cramped. it would be cool if they made the lurner biome in the Air or something.

(updating when i played more)

My Score for Genesis is 3/10

What I like:

Visually great work, great Looking biomes and landscape. Sound is great.

What I dont like:

This is not an Ark map. Frustrating gameplay, only 5 spawns, almost no Chance to build anywhere, not even a Fire in the Snow area. 

Underneath it all it was not worth the 35 Euros I spent or the wait and Joy of finally getting the hands on. 

Pretty sad but yeah, it was an attempt from Wildcard. They tried something new and failed in my opinion. 

This map wont be played long by many players. 

Archived