PSA: candies are deleted

HiImZech

PSA: candies are deleted

good bye cool looking dinos when a friend comes over for a tour :(

edit:

found this in the announcement but this is not advertised anywhere else.

yea sure love evolved stuff are said to be deleted but other event stuff are affected too. either the one who wrote the announcement didn't word it correctly or some guy in charge of the delete messed up

and I supposed items with a NO on the top right corner are marked for delete as well? does WC understand most of those item are from achievement and cannot be deleted? and why is oil affected? is oil going to be taken out of the game because electricity comes by too easily?

I read about this in the community crunch but really thought that it wouldn't happen, it's such a miserable thing to do, all the effort during the events to get the candies was just a pure waste of time, I don't think i shall bother with them in future if this is the way things are going to be handled by Wildcard. This is just another reason for me to play less and less with the game.

2 hours ago, edandbunny said:

So because they told us about it, that makes it less stupid?  If the items are that much of a problem why did they waste time coding them in.

They discovered how much memory they were using during the last event. Previously they were not identified as a problem. The post about deleting them actually details that discovery.

Future events will probably also contain candies but be removed immediately after the event concludes.

I actually stopped using them, the speed boost on flyers caused a real serious issue for me. Here's an example video I took at the time to post in my discord channel. Notice the background jerkiness? I spent three hours trying to work out what the problem was, verifying files on the server and my client and all sorts of other things including stripping my PC apart to check and clean my graphics card, then jumped on a normal Wyvern and realised there was no problem at all, it was only on flyers that had been given a candy.

Hooray!! Instead of properly fixing and optimizing our game correctly, we are going to simply remove minor poop that people had to work to acquire. No consideration for the community or their input, no options to allow non-official servers to keep things available as is, just quick and poopty patching and removal jobs. Surprised i am not. This is why i don't even bother with events anymore and another reason i will not be supporting any future DLC from WildCard.

13 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

They stated that candies would be removed with this update as they were identified as using a lot of resources in game and causing performance issues.

No they explicitely said only "Valentines Chocolates and Valentines Candies will be removed following the Love Evolved event on 2/25".

18 hours ago, IanHighlander said:

I actually stopped using them, the speed boost on flyers caused a real serious issue for me. Here's an example video I took at the time to post in my discord channel. Notice the background jerkiness? I spent three hours trying to work out what the problem was, verifying files on the server and my client and all sorts of other things including stripping my PC apart to check and clean my graphics card, then jumped on a normal Wyvern and realised there was no problem at all, it was only on flyers that had been given a candy.

Interesting, I did not notice that problem. Then again I am having connectivity issues with my internet, so that could have hidden the issue. Funny thing is, I didnt even notice a speed boost on my wyvern so I just assumed flyers didnt get the bonus. I just used the candies for the cool looks.

Valentine's Event Chocolates Removed

Why remove all the current event rewards players accumulated? I can understand removing the color and buff items that players collected since there are so many that most could never use them all. But why remove the latest events items like the Box of Chocolates? I spent a lot of time breeding during the event and had about half a fridge of Chocolates and planned to use them for taming for a while. Really disappointed that you would take away current rewards from an event that just finished. What is the point of even having the event if you take away the rewards like that?

This was communicated ahead of time, sadly (or understandably depending on your opinion) more event assets have been removed, that where not communicated (like zomdodo's).

There is a mod on steam that adds said resources, i have not tested it yet, but if you play SP or on a hosted server you might be able to recover the lost assets via that.

Not only the candies, but also all zombie dinos are gone, or cryopods showing raptor icon just like some dinos from valguero. Even my dodorex taxidermy isnt displaying the dodorex, the icon is blank with no dino siluette on it. And I spent days collecting those damn wishbones just to have the statue. Rip my lvl 180 zomdodos.

Archived