a NO sign on various items

HiImZech

Apparently someone from WC said someone in QA said it's something to do with whether or not you can grind an item. If it is though, it behaves REALLY strangely for all sorts of reasons. Like.. yeah, thanks, I was totally going to grind my oil, into.. what exactly?? I've also seen people with identical crafted tiered saddles (so presumably from the same blueprint), and one had the sign on it, one doesn't. I.. don't get it, but that's what I've heard, so.

UPDATE: I think it's because they don't want you grinding your Gen mission rewards. I completed a mission, got a load of saddles, tools n such; and it ALL had the symbol on it.

7 hours ago, TheEclipseee said:

Apparently someone from WC said someone in QA said it's something to do with whether or not you can grind an item. If it is though, it behaves REALLY strangely for all sorts of reasons. Like.. yeah, thanks, I was totally going to grind my oil, into.. what exactly?? I've also seen people with identical crafted tiered saddles (so presumably from the same blueprint), and one had the sign on it, one doesn't. I.. don't get it, but that's what I've heard, so.

If that's the case ALL skins should have it, but they don't all. Weird.

4 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

If that's the case ALL skins should have it, but they don't all. Weird.

I think the idea was only put put it on items that were grindable in the first place- So only craftable skins have it (like the bone costumes). But yeah, it is weird. Ah well, new DLC, of course there's gunna be stuff broken.

33 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

I think the idea was only put put it on items that were grindable in the first place- So only craftable skins have it (like the bone costumes). But yeah, it is weird. Ah well, new DLC, of course there's gunna be stuff broken.

I have it on trike skull skin though, you don't craft that. Maybe it is a spill over from gen and it wasnt meant to be in core, or maybe it is something that means that it cant go to gen, or doesn't belong in gen? IDK. I am sure we will find out eventually.

4 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I have it on trike skull skin though, you don't craft that. Maybe it is a spill over from gen and it wasnt meant to be in core, or maybe it is something that means that it cant go to gen, or doesn't belong in gen? IDK. I am sure we will find out eventually.

I believe all the bone skins were craftable and grindable at some point with the ARKaeology or FE event, and then after that, some skins could be grinded, some couldn't. I know you definitely can take symbolled things to Gen though (having done it myself). Honestly, I'm inclined to believe it is to do with grinding (particularly since in the update notes, they said that they changed saddles to BPs so people couldn't destroy them for resources; so it does sound like they want to prevent people turning Gen mission loot into resources); and the system has just been implemented broken.

48 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

I believe all the bone skins were craftable and grindable at some point with the ARKaeology or FE event, and then after that, some skins could be grinded, some couldn't. I know you definitely can take symbolled things to Gen though (having done it myself). Honestly, I'm inclined to believe it is to do with grinding (particularly since in the update notes, they said that they changed saddles to BPs so people couldn't destroy them for resources; so it does sound like they want to prevent people turning Gen mission loot into resources); and the system has just been implemented broken.

Oh yes I forgot about those few events that we had before extinction.  I must have missed that bit in the notes, but I dont read gen notes, so IDK if it is in the notes I read.

On 2/27/2020 at 3:58 AM, TheEclipseee said:

UPDATE: I think it's because they don't want you grinding your Gen mission rewards. I completed a mission, got a load of saddles, tools n such; and it ALL had the symbol on it.

This is what confuses me, why can't I grind these? They are just low quality saddles and gear for the most part? Unless you do harder missions of course. But then you also get a lot of flier saddles, which as an unofficial player I'm not to angry about but for official that's pretty whack. You can't use them AND you can't grind them??? Why lock them so they can't be ground up :/ End up just tossing them onto the ground at this point. Everything you get you can't grind. Grinder is pretty useless in genesis it seems. 

1 hour ago, CryptidHorror said:

This is what confuses me, why can't I grind these? They are just low quality saddles and gear for the most part? Unless you do harder missions of course. But then you also get a lot of flier saddles, which as an unofficial player I'm not to angry about but for official that's pretty whack. You can't use them AND you can't grind them??? Why lock them so they can't be ground up :/ End up just tossing them onto the ground at this point. Everything you get you can't grind. Grinder is pretty useless in genesis it seems. 

I guess they thought people would be able to get way too much 'stuff' out of it, and it'd kill resource harvesting. I got, like, 4 mosa platform saddles (I think), from just one Gamma tier mission- Imagine how much pearls and metal you'd get from just that, let alone dedicatedly grinding out missions for it.

1 hour ago, TheEclipseee said:

I guess they thought people would be able to get way too much 'stuff' out of it, and it'd kill resource harvesting. I got, like, 4 mosa platform saddles (I think), from just one Gamma tier mission- Imagine how much pearls and metal you'd get from just that, let alone dedicatedly grinding out missions for it.

This is a fair assessment, and I agree. It would probably be really 'OP' on officials. Would like to see an option for unofficial to carry on as normal though and disable it. 

Archived