Is this it?

PsychoWo

Is this it?

While waiting for my groups cluster to spin up a genesis map I flew around on solo to scout out some guild build spots only to find most of the map areas are "mission area" and not able to build there. These are my initial thoughts to the expansion with an hour of exploring and checking things out.

1.  These biomes are tiny and the barrier walls separating them make them feel even smaller. Also very low ceiling possibly due to #2
  2.  No flying. I am seeing threads about official servers not being allowed to fly on flying dinos. You also can't use your tek armor that you spent years farming bosses, OSD, etc for.
  3.  No tek armor abilities besides helmet work in genesis. This feels like a regression in my character and not something I am thrilled about.
  4. Moving between biomes requires interacting with hln4 which is not always cooperative. Also unable to do while mounted. This is basically a boss arena port which does take the 20-30 seconds to do. This takes me to a weird screen/animation that locks up and freezes for a few seconds before suddenly appearing in the new biome (often in the middle of 2-20 aggressive dinos)
  5. Missions seem like an interesting concept but so far seem to be for nothing other than earning hexagons that can be traded for basic materials and loot boxes. inb4 microtransactions.
  6. Mission areas block of an excessively large area of the biomes from being able to build. This massively restricts base location options in an already small biome.
  7. Where is my giant af turtle to build a base on? And even if it is in game, the ocean biome is tiny.
  8. Tek claws feel weak. Tek shoulder canon feel week.
  9. Tek hovercraft seems to have a weapon? couldn't get it to work if it is a weapon
  10. Space whale saddle has a turret, gave it element, hit c, nothing happens when I click or press other buttons. Is this working?
  11. Lunar biome was misleading and is a massive disappointment. It was made to sound like a moon with land where you could build a base but turns out to be an asteroid field that is 50%+ mission area (cannot build there) that seems to be uninhabitable during the day hours due to radiation. This was one thing I was most hyped about and now very sad and angry about.
  12. volcano area is beautiful but tiny. The fire aesthetics of the trike, allo, and lava lizard thing are amazing looking. Wish they were on dino that actually matter and get used.
  13. x variants in other biomes are beautiful (except spino which was kind of lackluster) but again limited to mostly dinos that don't matter since they aren't really used. I will be hunting down x-mosa to make a new breeding line for the colors
  14. Space whales are the only reason to buy genesis

I saw the so called giant turtle and it is not giant. My girlfriend knew i was hyped AF for this DLC and this turtle. She came in the livingroom right when I saw the turtle first time. Even her reaction was that this is small compared to what Wildcard shared Prior to this endproduct.

Bottom line is a DLC that is just not fitting to the Game. Completely disappointing in almost every way. 

No flying, tiny biomes, almost no building spots and so on, and so on. Feels like a bad dream to be honest.

1 hour ago, Eviga said:

I saw the so called giant turtle and it is not giant. My girlfriend knew i was hyped AF for this DLC and this turtle. She came in the livingroom right when I saw the turtle first time. Even her reaction was that this is small compared to what Wildcard shared Prior to this endproduct.

Bottom line is a DLC that is just not fitting to the Game. Completely disappointing in almost every way. 

No flying, tiny biomes, almost no building spots and so on, and so on. Feels like a bad dream to be honest.

It was the same with the gigantpithecus  looked huge on video and oh so tiny when you played.

I finally found the turtle as well. WC used a creative and misleading camera angle to make it look larger.

The "Giant base platform turtle" is a normal sized dino with 4k or so hp and other dinos are aggro to it. Largest build area is roughly 5 foundations wide by 6 foundations long. This thing moves barely faster than the space whale, but without a blink.

If you want an aquatic dino to build a base on, get a mosa with a platform saddle and put vacuum chambers on it as it allows the same build area but moves very fast and can actually kill aquatic dinos that attack it.

Archived