What to do about insect swarm?

killreaperUSMC

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Todgins said:

Anyone gotten spec X to target these buggers? (after you protecting them growing)

Does any other turret/s+ turret target them?

I haven't gotten them too, my guess is their targeting system is broken, or they wanted to challenge you by requiring manual defense with these guys. One of the glitch stories says the place is suppose to test your building skills, each in it's own way.

On 2/26/2020 at 6:03 PM, GregoPeck said:

What to do about insect swarm?

Anyone know how to not be targeted by an insect swarm? My best guess is get in water, they seemed to leave me alone after I entered a small pool of water I found. I tried to attack them, but it didn't seem as though I was doing any damage to them. If you hit the extended info key, it looks like their info or hit box is on the ground.

ghillie and bug spray, aswell as croushing, honesly i just use torches or flamethrower, easy peasy really.

Insect Swarm Worst Idea

Hello,

Me and a small community just joined the ARK Genesis which we were waiting for a really long time!

Guess what was our first impression of the game. Dying. To insects. From 300m away. 

Anyway we revive, aaaaand again. Dead. From insects. From 300m away.

So let me make my complaint clear. We join a game and go to the easy part of the map. There we find that the map is full of insect swarms that drain our stamina and have a great amount of range. After a while we manage to find a quiter place to build a settlement and go to sleep. The next day we login again and after we get out of our house we get target by swarms again. Swarms so far in range that we could not see them with our graphics on epic! Then we get snapped by a kaprosulchus that went through a tree! Guys this is supposed to be the esay part. Lower the spot ranges of these creatures. It gives the worst possible first impression on new players. We have no way to defend ourselves against them (water is not a solution for a new player. He will die from piranhas) and they are out of balance. So yeah that's it. Please either remove the swarms and the ability of kapro to jump or fix them. For the time being I cannot get out of my house without getting targeted by swarms which respawn immediatly after death. So yeap I am done.

Well given the nature of insect swarms I do not suppose spawning them somewhere else makes sense. I am thinking of 3 solutions excluding removal. 

1) Lower their visibility

2) Decrease their spawn ratio

3) Decrease their spawn numbers

Even a combination of solutions 2 and 3 will bring the balance back. I get your points about using flamethrowers repelants etc but I insist in saying that these creatures spawn in areas where new players spawn usually spawn (easy area). Players that cannot craft repelants due to lack of materials or engrams.

Remove SWARMS makes this game unenjoyable delete dlc really turrets will not targetthem cannot have a base in bog with  tames in a pen on passive or all dead tames on neuatral are constantly running all over chasing swarms ever minutes reparking them every 10mins or less  is disgusting fed up rage quit what a  mess wildcard  fire  dev who thought it funny to constantly annoy there playerbase

The worst part is while your trying to tame something and have it knocked out....and the swarms attack it while they attack you. I had an x raptor, frog, and sarco knocked all within render distance. This was on official server and swarms not only were hitting me but the knocked out dinos as well that were no where near me but still rendered. As the swarms were non stop I couldnt do anything with the tame process. The knocked wild dinos that were taming eventually died.....and I was left with a RAPTER load of hide, meat, and huge repair bill. 

The swarms would be fine if I was given a break after a few but once they start they just increase in intensity and never seem to stop. 15, 20 and more just one after the other or simultaneously basically make this map useless for a solo player trying to tame in. On the same lines im almost level 70 now and still have not been able to harvest a Citronel seed so I can plant and make bug repellent. Ive tried everything on all zones and from Bronto to pegomax and no seeds. 

For the love god please just tone em down some. 

The "Swarm" of insects in the new map has ruined the new dlc/game for me

I'm tired of these poopty devs never actually fixing the dumb stupid poop in this game I'm in the new dlc tryna get a bloodstalker and guess what no matter how much gile I put on and how much bug replant I put on I can never be left alone by the bugs. Let's ark dev team but I'm never playing your game again if you seem to have this mob in a map that is not far or predictable in your maps then I can't trust in y'all making any more good additional content. I'm never wasting my money time and feelings into this poorly made game that lags out EVEN IN raptorING MISSION AREAS the one raptorING place it should literally no buldings are there to lag you out but NOOOO I raptoring bluescreen on PS4 more them any other raptoring game I play that's it I'm done. Enjoy your poopty experience "SurVIEIng ThE ARk"

Insect swarms need to be toned down ASAP

these things aggro onto me from across the map. I wouldn't mind so much if they were aggroing me, bug spray or anything rideable would easily kill it, but I cant win with my tames. I set to neutral they for some reason kill them then keep walking and get lost. i've already had to go searching for my beelzebufo after an attack. even with 1 neutral tame is not enough, after 5 swarms of 120+ lvl swarms my diplocalus died. their aggro range is OBSCENE they have a garbage hitbox, they stop stam regen, and they spawn more frequently than any other dino. im stuck sitting on my carno currently waiting for the swarms to stop, but im on the 12th consecutive wave.

On 3/9/2020 at 11:23 PM, Doomakos said:

I get your points about using flamethrowers repelants etc but I insist in saying that these creatures spawn in areas where new players spawn usually spawn (easy area). Players that cannot craft repelants due to lack of materials or engrams.

Bug repellent is level 16 and a small crop plot at level 10, pestle and mortar at level 6 and narcotic at level 6 as well, stone pipes at level 17. So a low level 17 can make bug repellent. They just need to grow some crops and make them. Also HLNA can sell you pelt so you don’t have to try kill stuff in the arctic if that is too hard. 

Lack of engrams is either lack of planning or just use a mind wipe (if/when they are fixed) 

7 hours ago, Mrterry9 said:

Bug repellent is level 16 and a small crop plot at level 10, pestle and mortar at level 6 and narcotic at level 6 as well, stone pipes at level 17. So a low level 17 can make bug repellent. They just need to grow some crops and make them. Also HLNA can sell you pelt so you don’t have to try kill stuff in the arctic if that is too hard. 

Lack of engrams is either lack of planning or just use a mind wipe (if/when they are fixed) 

Wrong Engram you need medium crop plot, and you'll need to be able to kill the swarms as they attack crops, unless you get lucky and they have better things to do.

52 minutes ago, iolaus said:

Wrong Engram you need medium crop plot, and you'll need to be able to kill the swarms as they attack crops, unless you get lucky and they have better things to do.

You can grow crops in other biomes then go to the bog once you have a batch made up. Ok medium crop plot at level 26 I believe, still low level and easy to craft. 

Archived