What to do about insect swarm?

killreaperUSMC

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, slayerofzombs87 said:

one thing thats killing mine constant kapros or sarcos .... the bog says easy. not easy at all really lol. and raptors 

I mean those are just regular dangers of the swamp. At least raptors dont seem to pounce anymore 

EDIT-  I just stood in my house and killed no lie 25 insect swarms in a row. They just keep coming. Theyre clearly broken.

Have to agree. Me and my wife tried genesis last night and we spent 85% of our time getting g attacked by swarms. We then decided there was no point in sitting still and building a base due to how annoying they were. So we just decided not to build a base at all and go check out the map. They are really cool but for sure spawn way too much. We’d kill 3 swarms within 10 mins and then it just starts all over again lol. 

The insect swarms are so broken:

-they fly through walls

-they target and break plant x crop plots

-they cant be targeted by turrets

-cant stop spawn by spamming foundations

are we just not supposed to have plant x on genesis? i really dont understand the thought behind the swarm if these are intentional features. please remove them for now

7 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

7 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

I mean those are just regular dangers of the swamp. At least raptors dont seem to pounce anymore 

EDIT-  I just stood in my house and killed no lie 25 insect swarms in a row. They just keep coming. Theyre clearly broken.

Bro I had the same issue. It’s raptoring killing me. It’s causing my server to crash! Leave it to wildcard...

1 hour ago, MeeshMouse said:

The insect swarms are so broken:

-they fly through walls

-they target and break plant x crop plots

-they cant be targeted by turrets

-cant stop spawn by spamming foundations

are we just not supposed to have plant x on genesis? i really dont understand the thought behind the swarm if these are intentional features. please remove them for now

And, if they target and attack crop plots, how are you supposed to successfully grow citronel to make bug reppelant?  very broken in their current state I would say.  They need to be adjusted.

They're actually very simple to deal with when you know how.

Going to water will get them off you (even just waste deep water that you can breath in,) but this is a bad solution since they'll attack once you leave the water. They can't move through walls as has been said; if you have a fully concealed structure, you're safe.

The thing is, you're looking at them the wrong way. The entire swarm is just one creature, not a bunch of creatures like it looks like. They also can't go through doors (but you can hit them through doors without putting yourself in danger)

The whole swarm has just one fairly small hitbox that can be pretty hard to find due to the randomness of how the individuals fly around, but it moves in a straight line to you, so if you move backwards in a straight line for a bit, then it'll be following right behind you and be very easy to hit.

They also have very poor damage. Even hide armor removes any threat from them and just makes them an annoyance (and drain of fiber and hide for eventual repairs)

They also won't attack you, and will stop targeting you, if you get on a mount like a raptor. Raptors also make very short work of the swarm

Archived