Xbox One Split screen shadow issues

On xbox, when my wife and I started playing on Genesis and we started noticing the same shadow effects on her screen half more so than mine (she was dying alot). It wasn't till we used the teleport function that I really saw the shadowing issue on my half.

Edit: This issue is on all maps with split screen play enabled. The below picture is a tree from ragnorock where the second player is in view of the tree and first is not but sees the shadow effects clearly. 

20200226_203334.png

Edited by TheMindlessWanderer
New info and photo

My wife and I are encountering the exact same issue. We bought the game about two weeks ago, and it was fine. However, after installing this DLC and all the updates, we've encountered this issue. The normal shadows aren't appearing on my screen when I am looking in a different direction from her (I am the host), but as soon as I look in the same direction as she is looking, all of *her* shadows cover my screen and basically wipe it black, like in the screenshot above.

Edited by Snarkywriter
Adding info

Same issue here! My boyfriend and I were very excited for Genesis to finally come out only to find the swarms in the bog biome are RIDICULOUS and that there was a shadowing effect on split-screen that makes it quite impossible to play for the upper screen's player. And this is on ALL MAPS! Very disappointing! It is super frustrating because we were literally playing without issue just hours before the release then... we downloaded the updates and DLC (after delay upon delay) and we still can't play really because of the split-screen issue! Hopefully they fix this issue ASAP! We want to play Genesis and we all payed our hard-earned money to do so!

• 2 months later...

Just purchased this game to play with my son on 2 player co-op.  Shadowing & lag make this game unplayable.  It looks like this has been a problem for quite a while now!!!  Is there going to be a patch for this????  I want my damn money back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On 3/1/2020 at 11:45 AM, SnowboundGem said:

Admincheat r.shadowquality 0 1

Xbox command worked for me to clear the shadows from host player.

Just to give more detail to this (because I had to look it up on other sites):

While in game, go to the pause/save menu.

R button, L button, X, Y (all together, takes practice) - should see a text box open up at the top.

Click on it then type in the command above.  I've had it work typing it in shorter (all lower case) "cheat r.shadowquality 0" then click the admin button then resume.

Not sure what the 1 after the 0 does but I'm going to try it tonight.  I've been able to clear the shadows with just the 0.

What sucks is you have to enter this every time you log in (after starting the game).  However if you do options - save & exit - then exit to main menu (like we do to save the game several times a night) then shadows do not return.

Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2020 at 10:12 PM, Precisionist said:

Just to give more detail to this (because I had to look it up on other sites):

While in game, go to the pause/save menu.

R button, L button, X, Y (all together, takes practice) - should see a text box open up at the top.

Click on it then type in the command above.  I've had it work typing it in shorter (all lower case) "cheat r.shadowquality 0" then click the admin button then resume.

Not sure what the 1 after the 0 does but I'm going to try it tonight.  I've been able to clear the shadows with just the 0.

What sucks is you have to enter this every time you log in (after starting the game).  However if you do options - save & exit - then exit to main menu (like we do to save the game several times a night) then shadows do not return.

It won't work for me typed shorter not sure why. 

After days of answering this question I just typed the command forgetting not everyone knows how to enter them so thanks for adding that.

Edited by SnowboundGem
  • 1 month later...