Genesis Flyer Mount Disabled

killerdivvel

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I still feel it was a bug. Or at least not fully decided by the dev crew. Why would they allow us on private or unofficial servers to have flyers  ? they didn't do that with aberration . And as far as aberration no flyers fit with the whole DLC , it's underground and you don't have Argys and PT's flying wild around and that's another thing that makes this feel confusing . Maybe this is them trying to figure out how things work with this simmulation map with the boundries. I feel for anyone who wants flyer on official they made new awesome skins for these flyers and you can't fly them. That's another reason why I think it maybe wasn't fully decided . Why would they spent the time to re skin these flyers to not allow their players to enjoy them . That being said I'm so glad we get to have our flyers on our servers, but I do believe they should really make it right with official . I play on a bunch of private servers with friends, some sponsored and some I and friends pay for. And as far as official I can understand both sides for and against flyers. But on official once it opens transfers will Manas and Drake's be allowed. Now I get they hover/ glide but have they said anything about those tames transferring over ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2/26/2020 at 8:40 AM, RonanX said:

played Genesis for hours, tamed a argy, take a saddle on it, noticed that flying mounts are disabled... closed ARK. Waste of money if that isnt a bug. played it 1300 hours but that is a no go on a open map.

Im going for a full refund on the three copies I bought of this game. You all need to get on twitter. Use #enableflyingmounts everyone needs to. At least have a clickable setting. 

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, GrandMarsha11x said:

What are you talking about?!!! there is no such setting

On 11/30/2018 at 12:02 AM, StudioWildcard said:

v306.53 - 2/26/20

• Unofficials can now using flying creatures by adding the following setting to your GameUserSettings.ini under the [ServerSettings] section: bForceCanRideFliers=True

16 hours ago, GrandMarsha11x said:

Im going for a full refund on the three copies I bought of this game. You all need to get on twitter. Use #enableflyingmounts everyone needs to. At least have a clickable setting. 

So your going to refund 3 copies of ARK then ask for them to update the game? That seems like a dumb idea.

On 4/19/2020 at 11:52 AM, GrandMarsha11x said:

Just tried this 3 times. Did not work. 

Ok mate just to help out in case you don't already know  in your server settings ( if your running a dedicated server) in the host control panel under configuration files tab you will see or may see as it could be different on your hosts end , a list of files to edit the one i choose is config.bat and i go in through the easy config button so it shows me a set up as in the pic , make sure the ForceallowcaveFlyers is set to true  , then add in the command line given in this forum bForceCanRideFliers=True in the gameusersettings.ini under [serversettings] as in the second pic

then try your claim unclaim , this worked perfect for myself 

ark.thumb.png.66dbf1cc65f8feced061e6bcc2967c2e.png 

UntitleArk 2.png

Archived