Genesis Flyer Mount Disabled

killerdivvel

- Have you reallized that it would remove any challenge for getting Magmasaur eggs?
Have you noticed how they released Wyverns and it was not an issue there?

Wyverns are flyers so they can chase u regardless of what mount u are using. Using a flyer to steal magma eggs is like the same as using it for drake and dein eggs as well, where the adults wont be able to hit u.

I am not crying for easy, I am crying for my main way to move say 20,000 metal around in my base is to load it up on argents and move it. I build a lot, I tame a lot, I breed a lot. I've breed a lot of fliers, I've tamed a lot of fliers, and I farm a lot of resources. I can't fly my tribemate around on an anky while he farms so now I have to run the anky back and forth every time when it becomes encumbered.

U can still load up argys on follow with metal and bring them back. U dont need to ride them to use their high weight and weight reduction to haul loads of metal back.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Need black pearls, run down with a ghilie down the volcano throat and beam them. Easily a few hundreds per run and port back home.
Need element? Beam some of those red crystals in the volcano to get heaps of element shards...

But how do u get element from shards without a tek rep? Cant find a way to build one.
And beam what to get black pearls at volcano?

If you're reading this, and you aren't on an official server, go read the patch notes if you want fliers in your genesis map.

If you're reading this, and you love Argents and you're really having an issue in Genesis with the flyers disabled... May I introduce you to the Gasbag?  I mean, I know for some people they've done long breeding lines to get "the perfect Argent" and there's not much anyone but WC can do about that - but seriously, for anyone coming into this fairly fresh, a Gasbag has very close to the same utility as an argent and has far better mobility.  Bloodstalkers have an incredible amount of utility on Genesis.  Yes, it's a pain (literally) to tame, but it's a very good tame, and option to the flyer dilemma.
We are having this discussion cos we are on official.
Gasbags can do the job, just we need to wait till transfers in are allowed.

3 minutes ago, Castlerock said:

And beam what to get black pearls at volcano?

There are black pearls clams exactly like in aberration to be collected by hand. However the mining drill lets you auto-collect them quicker.
They are located in the cave system under the magma chamber of the volcano, en-route to the eggs.

On 2/26/2020 at 7:39 AM, asianeskimo said:

So i believe its just a bug i was able to force tame wild dinos as an admin and still ride them... it just came out so im sure theres going to be a lot of bugs at first 

Force taming makes anything rideable irregardless of the dino/status.  Just cuz you can right it whilst force tamed doesnt mean it is rideable without force taming. Devs have already stated this was NOT a bug, this no flying was intentional.
I have also found this comment on a reddit posting but have no idea if this is accurate->

"now actually, disabling flyers is a real mechanic of genesis, to actually fly in a biome u'd have to go through each single mission of the biome :/ (there's a lot)"

Seems like flying mounts do not work correctly since the genesis update on ALL maps.

On scorched earth i can mount 2 of 4 argentavis, but not the pteranodon, moth and the wyvern. And on aberration i can't mount any flyer.

So it seems not to be an issue from genesis, but an overall bug in ARK since the update. Hope they fix that very fast.

1 hour ago, IcyThea said:

Seems like flying mounts do not work correctly since the genesis update on ALL maps.

On scorched earth i can mount 2 of 4 argentavis, but not the pteranodon, moth and the wyvern. And on aberration i can't mount any flyer.

So it seems not to be an issue from genesis, but an overall bug in ARK since the update. Hope they fix that very fast.

WC introducing a patch that's buggy and untested? Say it ain't so?

I'm playing on Ragnarok, and since last night you can't mount any flyers.

Archived