Genesis Flyer Mount Disabled

killerdivvel

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Hesna008 said:

I think you have me confused with someone else..?  I never said it was the best map just that I like it a lot.  Here is how I started Arking… Last February I started playing the game. I started on a friends server that was set on The Center.  We played there for a couple weeks then he switched the server to Ragnorock.  We stayed on Ragnorock for a couple months and I loved it but I wanted to know what the story was all about. That's when I decided to run my own PvE server so we could do all the story arks in the correct order.  We did everything on the Island... We stayed on The Island for a few months before moving on to Scorched Earth.  I really do like Scorched Earth but there really isn't a whole lot to do on that map as far as bosses and caves go. So we finished that map pretty quickly and now we are on Abberation.  I am not able to comment on whether or not Abberation is the best map Ark has come out with because I have not experienced them all.  I do really like it though because it requires a different play style, which I hated at first but got used to it.  I just got my first drake too so now the map is a lot easier to navigate.

You're right, that was a misquote. sorry

20 minutes ago, JeanII said:

i have 500 days played scrub lol love catching mouth off a guy who posts cheaty mod servers as an example of what's popular anyway lol

yes ...of course ..obviously ..the scrubs are going to gravitate to 20x harvest servers ..congratulations.

Exactly... Now can u guys quit arguing over something so pointless.   That being said, I agree with you

24 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

I could care less about console players really. We PC gamers are the bread and butter of this company, period.

As for your argy, if you think it is useless because you can't ride it, you then have much to learn about this game and the many uses of some of its creatures.

Don't mean to be a know it all here but the correct way to say that is " I COULDNT care less"...  Sorry, it gets me when people are trying to be smart then say something like that lol

Just now, Hesna008 said:

Don't mean to be a know it all here but the correct way to say that is " I COULDNT care less"...  Sorry, it gets me when people are trying to be smart then say something like that lol

Np mate. French is my main language, not english. Unfortunately, I doubt that many would have understood the other way around.

Cheers!

I took the time to read again each and every single posts of this thread. From my understanding, the main grudge is that WC didn't tell the playerbase ahead of time about the no-fly limitation on tames/tek gear. I've also seen the posts on Twitter stating they might simply prevent flyers to be tamed altogether now as a solution.

From the top of my head, here are a few questions :
- Have you considered the impacts of flyers, knowing how small each biomes is?
- Have you noticed how you can walk to just about every part of the biomes, or use the astro/blood/grapples/chutes?
- Have you reallized that it would remove any challenge for getting Magmasaur eggs?
- Have you reallized it would make astro taming a walk in the park once transfers opens up?
- Have you considered how it would make some missions utterly easy and unchallenging?

** For those stuck with tamed flyers. Argies are among the best utility creature and you can make great use of their weight reduction to carry your crap around. As for PTs, a tamed swarm can fill the role similar to a pack of dimorphs. **

Its a bug so noone can use flyers yet. Unless u are on pc. Of what i heard the pc servers dont have this bug. Its probably something they will fix quick. My question is tho if someone knows where i can make a replicator? Ive bern looking all over the different biomes and cant find an obelisk or portal. I can only find transmitters

2 hours ago, Hasslevall said:

Its a bug so noone can use flyers yet. Unless u are on pc. Of what i heard the pc servers dont have this bug. Its probably something they will fix quick. My question is tho if someone knows where i can make a replicator? Ive bern looking all over the different biomes and cant find an obelisk or portal. I can only find transmitters

Flyers are not ride-able on PC currently.

On 2/26/2020 at 11:03 AM, Tinsera said:

Ab was a crap map for me, glad you liked it and you can keep this stuff on official and grind your life away. I play unofficial for a reason, to change dumb ideas out like putting flyers on a map with no way to use them.

I play unofficial as well and I'm not grinding my life away.  They wanted this map to be challenging.  Taming a ptera in 20 minutes not only makes the game easy but makes half the creatures in Ark obsolete.  If you want to play with cheat codes turned on then go for it.  But don't whine about the game not having cheat codes on by default.  My very first tame in the expansion was a Sarco.  I haven't bothered with one of those since they first got added the game in early access.

It would also be dumb of them to remove flyers just because you can't fly with them.  There are other things in Ark that you can't tame either so that falls apart.  It's more realistic to have pteranadons flying around even if you can't use them.  And with Argies it gives you an airborne predator to look out for.

24 minutes ago, Neffinay said:

I play unofficial as well and I'm not grinding my life away.  They wanted this map to be challenging.  Taming a ptera in 20 minutes not only makes the game easy but makes half the creatures in Ark obsolete.  If you want to play with cheat codes turned on then go for it.  But don't whine about the game not having cheat codes on by default.  My very first tame in the expansion was a Sarco.  I haven't bothered with one of those since they first got added the game in early access.

It would also be dumb of them to remove flyers just because you can't fly with them.  There are other things in Ark that you can't tame either so that falls apart.  It's more realistic to have pteranadons flying around even if you can't use them.  And with Argies it gives you an airborne predator to look out for.

100% agree. If they make x tapis untamable ill be pissed.

Sure I cant use it on Genesis but there's plenty of other maps Id like to bring it to.

21 hours ago, Darkholis said:

I took the time to read again each and every single posts of this thread. From my understanding, the main grudge is that WC didn't tell the playerbase ahead of time about the no-fly limitation on tames/tek gear. I've also seen the posts on Twitter stating they might simply prevent flyers to be tamed altogether now as a solution.

From the top of my head, here are a few questions :
- Have you noticed how you can walk to just about every part of the biomes, or use the astro/blood/grapples/chutes?
- Have you reallized that it would remove any challenge for getting Magmasaur eggs?
- Have you reallized it would make astro taming a walk in the park once transfers opens up?
- Have you considered how it would make some missions utterly easy and unchallenging?

** For those stuck with tamed flyers. Argies are among the best utility creature and you can make great use of their weight reduction to carry your crap around. As for PTs, a tamed swarm can fill the role similar to a pack of dimorphs. **

...Yes? Not a problem for me unless it's a problem for Wildcard. Which apparently it is, which is the root of this discussion.

Astro requires schiff which requires defeating end-game content to get the tekgram. I want to play now. Blood works, but I have to make about 6000 blood packs first. The other two require a lot of resources to sustain, but they do work, and I'll give it to ya, you don't HAVE to have a flier to get around.

Have you noticed how they released Wyverns and it was not an issue there? Give the magmasaur a stunning bouldertoss that brings birds to the ground or something. Make it move faster. Have it be way more powerful wild than tamed, like a giga. I don't know, there are other ways to solve this problem than to just remove a staple feature of the game (open sandbox, do what you want with whatever you have).

Design the taming process to be more difficult somehow.

Make those harder too, then.

I am not crying for easy, I am crying for my main way to move say 20,000 metal around in my base is to load it up on argents and move it. I build a lot, I tame a lot, I breed a lot. I've breed a lot of fliers, I've tamed a lot of fliers, and I farm a lot of resources. I can't fly my tribemate around on an anky while he farms so now I have to run the anky back and forth every time when it becomes encumbered. It's making all the chore-like parts of the game take 2-3 times longer for me to do. It's not a challenge to farm with just an anky, but it's actually fun and feels rewarding when you can team up with someone on a flier and split the profit. I can come up with a lot of examples of when I use fliers to shuttle stuff short distances within the confines of my base enclosures, so it's not about challenges or whatnot. I haven't gotten really into missions yet, but say there is a difficult mission and you need a few rexes to do it, but your main base is in the ocean biome and the mission is in the bog. Being able to fly to the mission doesn't make the mission less difficult. And again, they could simply disable you to mount a flier while actively on those missions where doing so would ruin the intent of the designer, like they do when you try to fly in caves or boss arenas.

It's weird to me that they decided to design it the way they did, they could have designed it every other which way, but they decide on this way. It's probably not random, btw. It's more costly to design a world meant for flying in, than one that is not. I think this has to do with where the game is in its life cycle, and is a question of finances and roadmaps. Still, you wanna come to my base and run back and forth between the transmitter and the replicator every time I try to ship in 20,000 metal? Because that's 100% the first thing that occurred to me when I heard "no fliers". Not "oh no, now I'll actually have to master this game" or anything like that, but "Oh no, now I have to move the metal like five stacks at a time".

16 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

...Yes? Not a problem for me unless it's a problem for Wildcard. Which apparently it is, which is the root of this discussion.

Astro requires schiff which requires defeating end-game content to get the tekgram. I want to play now. Blood works, but I have to make about 6000 blood packs first. The other two require a lot of resources to sustain, but they do work, and I'll give it to ya, you don't HAVE to have a flier to get around.

Have you noticed how they released Wyverns and it was not an issue there? Give the magmasaur a stunning bouldertoss that brings birds to the ground or something. Make it move faster. Have it be way more powerful wild than tamed, like a giga. I don't know, there are other ways to solve this problem than to just remove a staple feature of the game (open sandbox, do what you want with whatever you have).

Design the taming process to be more difficult somehow.

Make those harder too, then.

I am not crying for easy, I am crying for my main way to move say 20,000 metal around in my base is to load it up on argents and move it. I build a lot, I tame a lot, I breed a lot. I've breed a lot of fliers, I've tamed a lot of fliers, and I farm a lot of resources. I can't fly my tribemate around on an anky while he farms so now I have to run the anky back and forth every time when it becomes encumbered. It's making all the chore-like parts of the game take 2-3 times longer for me to do. It's not a challenge to farm with just an anky, but it's actually fun and feels rewarding when you can team up with someone on a flier and split the profit. I can come up with a lot of examples of when I use fliers to shuttle stuff short distances within the confines of my base enclosures, so it's not about challenges or whatnot. I haven't gotten really into missions yet, but say there is a difficult mission and you need a few rexes to do it, but your main base is in the ocean biome and the mission is in the bog. Being able to fly to the mission doesn't make the mission less difficult. And again, they could simply disable you to mount a flier while actively on those missions where doing so would ruin the intent of the designer, like they do when you try to fly in caves or boss arenas.

It's weird to me that they decided to design it the way they did, they could have designed it every other which way, but they decide on this way. It's probably not random, btw. It's more costly to design a world meant for flying in, than one that is not. I think this has to do with where the game is in its life cycle, and is a question of finances and roadmaps. Still, you wanna come to my base and run back and forth between the transmitter and the replicator every time I try to ship in 20,000 metal? Because that's 100% the first thing that occurred to me when I heard "no fliers". Not "oh no, now I'll actually have to master this game" or anything like that, but "Oh no, now I have to move the metal like five stacks at a time".

To fix the problem of carrying stuff around, try the mining drill. That item alone is honestly game-breaking as it reduces the weight of pretty much everything in your invetory by a factor of 4. (Won't work for items such as ingots)

It's so retarded OP combined with HLNA porting abilities that I don't even need to use my anky/doed/thorny anymore...
Need metal? Find a few nodes, beam them down and port back home.
Need black pearls, run down with a ghilie down the volcano throat and beam them. Easily a few hundreds per run and port back home.
Need element? Beam some of those red crystals in the volcano to get heaps of element shards...
Same process for all ressources....

47 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

To fix the problem of carrying stuff around, try the mining drill. That item alone is honestly game-breaking as it reduces the weight of pretty much everything in your invetory by a factor of 4. (Won't work for items such as ingots)

It's so retarded OP combined with HLNA porting abilities that I don't even need to use my anky/doed/thorny anymore...
Need metal? Find a few nodes, beam them down and port back home.
Need black pearls, run down with a ghilie down the volcano throat and beam them. Easily a few hundreds per run and port back home.
Need element? Beam some of those red crystals in the volcano to get heaps of element shards...
Same process for all ressources....

The only things I ever "need" are metal and hide, and in quantities of tens of thousands. As in, I can suddenly need thirty thousand metal. Whenever that time comes, there's two farming spots I have over on Ragnarok, where I also have my main base on the cluster I play on. Me and my friend clear those out with me flying an argent and him riding an anky, and at the end of it we usually have about 30k smelted metal ingots... each. It takes us about 45-60 minutes. Tell me how to achieve that with the mining drill and I'm all ears. In the meantime, if I could get close to half of that on any Genesis map, I might not transfer off of that map so often to do stuff elsewhere. I had a dream that me and my friend could main on Genesis. Breed our fliers in our base there, etc. etc. Go to the old maps for excursions and stay on the new map, and not the other way around. But the tradeoff has to be reasonable, and running around with a drill getting 150 metal per node and teleporting back to base like 2793 times before I hit my quota is just not an option at this point. Then I'll rather transfer off to another map and do it there, which to me just seems... Like a loss for me, because I would have liked to stay on Genesis and keep everything "in-house", and a loss for the developers who surely would have liked to hear me saying that the new map has everything I need and I love it!

And also, say I like my base spaced out without my forge, replicator and transmitter squeezed together with vaults and dedicated storages stuffed in between for easy transfer-all moving of items between stations, and I want my forge on one side of my base and my replicator on the other side, leaving the middle area open or whatever. That happens to be the case, I feel that way. So, an argent makes that a small problem. But in Genesis I can't build my bases the way I like, I can't breed my fliers here because if I accidentally whistle follow all or somehow get them unaligned, I can't mount them and position them. I mean, it's technically possible to do it, but it's like with the mining drill. Tell me how to effectively have 40 argents in a base on Genesis without getting in the way or spending a bunch of time to get them positioned so they're not in the way, or so their eggs roll down a ramp to where I want them, or whatever else you can think of that requires some precision in where they are positioned. So I'm effectively forced to a) abandon fliers, which I can't because I use them on the other maps which are in fact NOT designed with no flying in mind, opposite to Genesis. Or b) have to move between maps more than I would otherwise have to, and more than I should have liked. Dat loading screen.

If you're reading this, and you aren't on an official server, go read the patch notes if you want fliers in your genesis map.

If you're reading this, and you love Argents and you're really having an issue in Genesis with the flyers disabled... May I introduce you to the Gasbag?  I mean, I know for some people they've done long breeding lines to get "the perfect Argent" and there's not much anyone but WC can do about that - but seriously, for anyone coming into this fairly fresh, a Gasbag has very close to the same utility as an argent and has far better mobility.  Bloodstalkers have an incredible amount of utility on Genesis.  Yes, it's a pain (literally) to tame, but it's a very good tame, and option to the flyer dilemma.

59 minutes ago, Fresiki said:

The only things I ever "need" are metal and hide, and in quantities of tens of thousands. As in, I can suddenly need thirty thousand metal. Whenever that time comes, there's two farming spots I have over on Ragnarok, where I also have my main base on the cluster I play on. Me and my friend clear those out with me flying an argent and him riding an anky, and at the end of it we usually have about 30k smelted metal ingots... each. It takes us about 45-60 minutes. Tell me how to achieve that with the mining drill and I'm all ears. In the meantime, if I could get close to half of that on any Genesis map, I might not transfer off of that map so often to do stuff elsewhere. I had a dream that me and my friend could main on Genesis. Breed our fliers in our base there, etc. etc. Go to the old maps for excursions and stay on the new map, and not the other way around. But the tradeoff has to be reasonable, and running around with a drill getting 150 metal per node and teleporting back to base like 2793 times before I hit my quota is just not an option at this point. Then I'll rather transfer off to another map and do it there, which to me just seems... Like a loss for me, because I would have liked to stay on Genesis and keep everything "in-house", and a loss for the developers who surely would have liked to hear me saying that the new map has everything I need and I love it!

From my limited perspective, it seems that a sizeable chunk of players expect Genesis to be a map that can be used as your "main" map, but the actual layout, size, ressources and lore behind it clearly goes in the opposite direction. I feel like Genesis is more of a standalone/one time adventure aimed at getting those extra +15 level rather than being used as a base of operations.

Following that idea, you likely noticed by now how small the 5 biomes are and how spread out the ressources are, compared to other maps. The fact that a large portion of said biomes are "mission areas" also indicate that basing there wouldn't be optimal.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding your needs and what you can achieve. I applaud your commitement for farming tens of thousands with an argent/anky combo, but I'd be willing to bet that a drill with 2-3 gasbags in tow would outmine you far faster than you'd expect. If we push the idea further, you can combine the drill with a tek suit and technically can slot-cap your character with metal ore as you can move foward while being overweight. If you take into account the gasoline required to run the thing, you could farm upwards to 59k worth of ore.

I seriously doubt you could even carry such a load with any mutated combo of argent/anky, unless the server is heavily modded or creatures are way past the usual level 150-300 seen on most servers.

Besides, the anky once overfilled relies heavily on proper placement done by a skilled argent pilot where the drill simply requires you to aim at the target and beam away. The drill also has the upper hand for plenty of tight spots or risky areas such as the volcano caldera on the island.

On 27/02/2020 at 09:07, OutlawFirebird said:

J'ai essayé d'activer les dépliants, le paramètre ne fonctionne pas avec le serveur nitrado.

Pas de soucis de mon côté tout fonctionne ?

Les non-officiels peuvent désormais utiliser des créatures volantes en ajoutant le paramètre bForceCanRideFliers=True à votre GameUserSettings.ini sous la section [ServerSettings]

No worries on my side everything works ?

Unofficials can now using flying creatures by adding the following setting to your GameUserSettings.ini under the [ServerSettings] section: bForceCanRideFliers=True

Archived