Genesis Flyer Mount Disabled

killerdivvel

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, JeanII said:

If it's the best map ever why does it only have 3-4 people playing on every abb server? it was by far the least popular with the fan base hands down. this was a terrible decision.

Still is a solid, if not of the best map on which to establish PvP wise. However, Extinction and the current meta pretty much makes it mandatory to play there if you want to keep up with tek gear/element.

2 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Never seen such as statement and neither of us have access to all the stats regarding the official network health status, etc.

well you'd have to spend your time on twitter since the team hardly realizes these forums exist. but they've stated quite clearly the majority of their customer base is on pve.

and you could clarify it for yourself just by quickly scrolling down the server select page on any platform.

12 minutes ago, JeanII said:

well you'd have to spend your time on twitter since the team hardly realizes these forums exist. but they've stated quite clearly the majority of their customer base is on pve.

I'm aware that a large portion of players do play PvE mostly, thus all the tears when somone gets raided, etc. However, it's funny to see creatures like the Astrocetus which are 100% PvP oriented in a PvE DLC.

- Can't enter boss arena (drag weight is too high).
- Gunship (twin turrets).
- Bombing abilities...

So much for PvE with that one...

** Edit **

Imagine for half a second if flyers were enabled? Players would still be on the forums crying because the map is too small and yap yap. Honestly, I think the decision has been made in order to conceal the fact that all the biomes are in reality very small.

However, I also feel it is a way to force players to adapt and overcome the challenges of said biomes, which at the end of the day is the ultmate objective of the Genesis simulation.

1 minute ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Nonsense this is one of the most popular PVP survival games in existence. The PVP player base is strong and dominant, making over 50% of the player base and nearly all of the streamer content and youtube vids.

you say that like pvp mode in survival games is popular...

scroll down the server select screen right now, every pvp server 3-10 players half the pve maps 25-50 players. you can feel free to argue with a wall but you're just wrong.

1 minute ago, JeanII said:

you say that like pvp mode in survival games is popular...

scroll down the server select screen right now, every pvp server 3-10 players half the pve maps 25-50 players. you can feel free to argue with a wall but you're just wrong.

Take a look at Battlemetrics, top 30 most popular Ark servers are PvP oriented so you were saying again?

1 minute ago, JeanII said:

now look at the bottom 30 lol

You argument is irrelevant. Your main argument was that PvP is dead and that PvE represents the vast majority of the playerbase, which has been debunked a few mins ago. As for the bottom feeders, I could care less.

Again, I'll conceed that WC dropped the ball on not telling ahead of time regarding flyers, but complaining won't change anything about it. See one of my previous posts as to why they might have done it.

Just now, JeanII said:

Take it up with Cedric anyway ..he's stated himself that the majority of ark players are on pve.

As much as I respect the job he has to do and the amount of crap he has to deal with on a daily basis, he's just a simple messenger.

He's often trying to argue on the lore with people who played the game before he was even hired and knows far much than he does about said lore. I'm taking what he says with a huge grain of salt.

Just now, Darkholis said:

As much as I respect the job he has to do and the amount of crap he has to deal with on a daily basis, he's just a simple messenger.

He's often trying to argue on the lore with people who played the game before he was even hired and knows far much than he does about said lore. I'm taking what he says with a huge grain of salt.

I think he's not allowed do say a lot of things by corporate but i hardly think he's a liar. I'm on xbox right now and if i cared enough about this subject i'd make a screen shot of the pages of empty pvp servers then compare it to the 25-50 players on rag,valg,gen maps on pve right now.

but instead i came here to find out since they ruined this map can i TRANSFER OFF MY COOL LOOKING ARGY or are they going to delete it?

Just now, JeanII said:

I think he's not allowed do say a lot of things by corporate but i hardly think he's a liar. I'm on xbox right now and if i cared enough about this subject i'd make a screen shot of the pages of empty pvp servers then compare it to the 25-50 players on rag,valg,gen maps on pve right now.

but instead i came here to find out since they ruined this map can i TRANSFER OFF MY COOL LOOKING ARGY or are they going to delete it?

I could care less about console players really. We PC gamers are the bread and butter of this company, period.

As for your argy, if you think it is useless because you can't ride it, you then have much to learn about this game and the many uses of some of its creatures.

1 minute ago, Darkholis said:

I could care less about console players really. We PC gamers are the bread and butter of this company, period.

As for your argy, if you think it is useless because you can't ride it, you then have much to learn about this game and the many uses of some of its creatures.

i could care less about platforms or pvp ...i just can't afford a $5,000 PC atm. feel free to prove you don't care about me and ignore me instead of continuing to be a walking contradiction.

3 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

i have 500 days played scrub lol love catching mouth off a guy who posts cheaty mod servers as an example of what's popular anyway lol

yes ...of course ..obviously ..the scrubs are going to gravitate to 20x harvest servers ..congratulations.

21 minutes ago, JeanII said:

i have 500 days played scrub lol

I just love how immature your comments are. "Prove you don't care by ignoring me" and then right away call me a scrub thinking that 500 days of gametime means anything.
People usually lower themselves to insults and such crap when they can't argue anymore and had every and each of their points demolished.

I applaud your dedication tho, but that's yet to even come close to my 30k+ hours spent on the Everquest franchise alone. 500 days is nothing for gaming whales like me kid.

21 minutes ago, JeanII said:

i have 500 days played scrub lol love catching mouth off a guy who posts cheaty mod servers as an example of what's popular anyway lol

yes ...of course ..obviously ..the scrubs are going to gravitate to 20x harvest servers ..congratulations.

There are as many, if not more modded PvE servers than PvP, but that point is irrelevant. To each their own playstyle really, if you have a familly and fulltime job and can only afford 1-2 hours a day, I can understand the need to play with improved rates.

1x rates from a PvP perspective is bad as players tend to hoard stuff and not take any risks. On the flipside, improved rates as seen on MTS push players towards combat because who cares f yuo get wiped as you can rebuild in a day or two.

For me I've been here since day 1 of EA pre-kibble when taming a rex could take 12+ hours. Today is an easymode joke compared to it. I mostly play on my own cluster which are 1.5x rates and 8x on babies because I raised gigas on hardcore official, NEVER again.

9 minutes ago, Darkholis said:

Says the guy who lead off with this the next comment after i mention what platform i'm on in what had at least been civil debate. Certainly you dislike insults.

i had 4k hours on EQ in the pop era too xD

35 minutes ago, JeanII said:

So you've never done ragnarok or extinction yet come here to tell me about the "best" map? sounds about right.

I think you have me confused with someone else..?  I never said it was the best map just that I like it a lot.  Here is how I started Arking… Last February I started playing the game. I started on a friends server that was set on The Center.  We played there for a couple weeks then he switched the server to Ragnorock.  We stayed on Ragnorock for a couple months and I loved it but I wanted to know what the story was all about. That's when I decided to run my own PvE server so we could do all the story arks in the correct order.  We did everything on the Island... We stayed on The Island for a few months before moving on to Scorched Earth.  I really do like Scorched Earth but there really isn't a whole lot to do on that map as far as bosses and caves go. So we finished that map pretty quickly and now we are on Abberation.  I am not able to comment on whether or not Abberation is the best map Ark has come out with because I have not experienced them all.  I do really like it though because it requires a different play style, which I hated at first but got used to it.  I just got my first drake too so now the map is a lot easier to navigate.

Archived