Genesis Flyer Mount Disabled

killerdivvel

2 hours ago, MysticalBeast said:

Some like it and some don't, but I can tell you that Abb is the least liked map?  Thought theybwouks have learned the first time.

Aberration is the least liked map ? I can understand why one might dislike it, but it's definitely not the least liked , on steam it even got the highest rating out of all the expansion packs

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did one of the missions (gathering gamma) and got a bunch of saddles as a reward, it seems not only flyers are disabled. I have a 'disabled' icon on all of those saddles and that's quetz, ptera, tapejara, giga, plesio platform and even a diplo?! Same witch charge lantern and glowstick though you can use them but don't place a lantern on the ground if it's better than primitive. I have a feeling mission progression has something to do with it, maybe things will be unlocked later on? Or all the items are bugged...

You can tame and equip them with the saddle but can't ride it. Tested on xTapejara.

Per Zen Rowe: • Genesis brings the number of color definitions up to 100, meaning ~49 new dino color IDs to breed for! • He also added a new config line for the whole Genesis flyer thing that goes in your game.ini file: bForceCanRideFliers= - If you set this to True, it will override the flyer limitation on Genesis. - Note: If you enter this line with False on other maps, it will disable flying for them (if that interests you)

When you look at the defaultgame.ini there are 6. As well there could be sections the game looks for, but use default values if it can't find them.

[/Script/Engine.GameMode]
[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameMode]
[/Script/ShooterGame.ShooterGameInstance]
[/Script/MoviePlayer.MoviePlayerSettings]
[/Script/Engine.GameSession]
[/Script/UnrealEd.ProjectPackagingSettings]
[/Script/EngineSettings.GeneralProjectSettings]

If you force tame the flyers you can ride them. This of course only works on unofficial servers and single player games

EDIT: Use the Admin code "Cheat forcetame"  You can then ride them and cryo them and put a saddle on them and they will stay rideable. Yes editing the ini file will fix it for all fliers but who really wants to edit ini files? lol

6 minutes ago, DamnItWildcard said:

If you force tame the flyers you can ride them. This of course only works on unofficial servers and single player games.

really? Tired DoTame and still wouldn't let me. 

Edit: Ah, didn't do the other tame command, but ini file edits are important for those running servers for more then just friends.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Genesis Flyer Mount Disabled

Archived