Genesis... no dedicated servers allowed

LdySpyder

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This just dum how do we not have server yet thinking of refunding this how do you release broken DLC. This game been out for how long now and its still same old wildcard cant get there stuff together its hilarious that i am still dum enough think they'll change. My friends and I had server that wiped it self and they said no way to get it back maybe they should add saves Face-Palm outdated much?

So if I am a player hosting a dedicated server on Windows 10 with players connecting via Xbox and other Windows 10 pcs would this issue prevent that?

Or rather is this only impacting dedicated servers hosting from a xbox console directly?

Was thinking about getting back into the game when stumbling across this issue. 

@Cedric Could we please have an update on this? Like "we're working on this" or "we're looking into this". There are people like me who only play pve on their own dedicated server. As there's no option to host a dedicated server on a second xbox, I haven't been playing Genesis till now and it's been almost two months since the release. I know there are other options like official or unofficial pve servers, but I'd just like to play with my friends, not with some random guys.

I'd really appreciate an answer from you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I really hope it doesnt come to ps4 pro only next and then we have to wait another 4+ months for whatever they choose next. Realistically most that use this feature dont buy a pro to just sit there running a server. They use their pro to play and the old ps4 to run the server (or xbox etc). Man its going to be over half a year before it gets fixed. I really wish theyd assign they core bug fixing group or whichever group is necessary for whatevers wrong to this to knock it out real quick. I wish they cared more about console players and listened to the tweets they get about this to pretty much everything they tweet out. We should submit tickets about this to hopefully jog their memory.

• 4 weeks later...

They posted this for crystal isles... also means well probably never get genesis fixed for the base consoles either. Genesis part 2 will probably be the same. They dont care though as most of us bought the genesis pass so they got our money already. I called it saying itll only come to ps4 pro next. Truly a sad day indeed. 

B7616DDC-C31C-441A-A84A-12F1D863EB1D.jpeg

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Archived