Genesis... no dedicated servers allowed

LdySpyder

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with you. I don't wanna play with randoms either. They might destroy my base, kill my dinos, steal my rss, all for no apparent reason other than boredom. Plus my friends and I would have to play by rules we don't necessarily like and couldn't play whenever we felt like it. I can list a lot of negatives about public servers l, not many positives tbh. This is why being able to host your own dedicated server is so important. 

1 hour ago, RestlessOcean17 said:

I confused on this topic bc some people are making it sound like we are never going to get it and if that’s the case I’ll probably get refund on it as well. Only reason why I am against servers is because people are sausages and I like only having my people to play with

Exactly my point.  nobody knows what the deal is and wildcard won't say either way.  My guess is they are keeping their mouth shut until they run out the clock on the refunds.  What other reason could they possibly have for not addressing the thousands of people who asked the exact same question?   

5 hours ago, SLlCK said:

Exactly my point.  nobody knows what the deal is and wildcard won't say either way.  My guess is they are keeping their mouth shut until they run out the clock on the refunds.  What other reason could they possibly have for not addressing the thousands of people who asked the exact same question?   

Just the act of hundreds of gamers demaning a refund is enough to screw over Wildcard because it'll set a strong precedent on if we should or shouldn't buy their next DLC after Genesis or even if other gamers whom haven't picked up Ark yet will or won't buy it. 

Honestly it’s ridiculous. I tried submitting a official ticket to file a bug report on this like that, and they sent me some copy paste stuff about what to do if my server goes down which isnt the problem at all. Look at their tweet they posted about an hour ago about those new servers with flying enabled and no missions, theres like 5-10 tweets about this and 0 responses. Theres even a WC employee responding to some tweets while ignoring them. ITS BEEN A WEEK. Like damn thats plenty of time for them to give us one of the only two answers they can give: “were working on it” or “go f yourself and play a different game”. Thats the only two scenarios im gonna get from this. Either it gets fixed or me and my friends will have to stop playing after about 4 years. I really dont want that to happen as this is one of my favorite games.

It’s just gotten to the point we’re it’s like bro Ark was my first game on my Xbox and I was there from the very beginning...I mean I watched Jacksepticeye play it and instantly fell in love with the game and still am and I’m tired of this same dry answers we get from them. There two things I would like to see from them. 1 being that they while listen to use and stop seeing us as just piggy banks ( I make minimum wage in Nevada and go to school so this game was out of one of my small paychecks I get and 2 being that I want the old ark back...we’re we had updates every month with Dino’s galore and a reason to come running home from school or work to get all my tribe on and live my fake reality through ark. I know I kind of rambles on and complained a lot but I think this comes from a lot of us and that’s that we want to play the game like we always have. Thank you for reading this long post but I think this hopefully comes from a lot of us and with more growth of this page maybe we’ll be able to get our game back.

It’s just gotten to the point we’re it’s like bro Ark was my first game on my Xbox and I was there from the very beginning...I mean I watched Jacksepticeye play it and instantly fell in love with the game and still am and I’m tired of this same dry answers we get from them. There two things I would like to see from them. 1 being that they while listen to use and stop seeing us as just piggy banks ( I make minimum wage in Nevada and go to school so this game was out of one of my small paychecks I get and 2 being that I want the old ark back...we’re we had updates every month with Dino’s galore and a reason to come running home from school or work to get all my tribe on and live my fake reality through ark. I know I kind of rambles on and complained a lot but I think this comes from a lot of us and that’s that we want to play the game like we always have. Thank you for reading this long post but I think this hopefully comes from a lot of us and with more growth of this page maybe we’ll be able to get our game back.

18 minutes ago, N3CR0MANC3R7 said:

Since genesis release I havent been able to play non-dedicated on any other map. I havent bought genesis yet since just got back onto the game with a friend and now we cant play valguero... It pops up on his file "message valguero not installed" despite him being able to play solo. On ps4. 

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/512350-ps4-non-dedicated-not-letting-me-join-friend/

try that

3 hours ago, Jedisaber said:

from Twitter:

Console Survivors,

Brief update on Player Dedicated Servers; the team are working on getting them to a release state on Genesis. Once that's ready, we'll be getting a patch out to both platforms as soon as possible. We'll update you when there's more news to share!

That is almost a week old already..   One would think this might take some priority?  I mean which is more important?  This or the price of hide in the store?

2 minutes ago, Lochnessgaymer said:

I just got done sorting the repeated issue of Ark trying to claim the DLC aren't installed when they are,  and now there's this BS. I'm so frustrated it's one issue after the next and I'm not seeing solid solutions. And now we're waiting on a patch that maaaay happen some time???

Have you died and had your bag spawn underground yet?

How about up in a tree?

Have you tamed something just to have it kill you the second it becomes "tame"?

How about teleporting and having your animals spawn underground when you arrive? Or not go with you at all?

My favorite it the fact oil respawns instantly but metal never returns.  Obsidian?  That takes 1 week to respawn.

How about having your kill disappear underground? That's always fun!

Password protected games where random people keep joining?

Invitations completely worthless because "you don't have genesis installed"

Having your bait land at your feet when doing the ice fishing is a great way to catch nothing!

Swarms of bugs that drop your framerate down to about 7 fps and never stop coming is always loads of fun.

How about the countless spots where you can just walk through the side of a mountain and into the map?  Those are fun!

Flying ground animals?  have you seen those yet? Have a tame follow you down under the big trees on the bog, they wont. they will keep walking level and end up about 60 feet over your head.

I would love to see what this map was like before the delay, remember the delay? The extra time they took to polish it and give us the best experience possible?  

Archived