Genesis... no dedicated servers allowed

LdySpyder

Sorry nothing new to add ...just hoping more traffic may garner some attention. We bought 6 copies battled the launch finally got it downloaded ready to play and now the Server my 5 member family uses to play in our home is useless... they have to fi=x this or we will be getting 6 refunds... we love the game we play often but we continue to get screwed out of what equates to months of play due to bugs, and inconstancies....FIX THIS 

XBOX1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent all day yesterday trying to get ARK Genesis Part 1 working on my server before I tried it on another computer today. Both computers are giving a fatal error. It shows all the startup information, shows server started successfully then computer cores as usually. About 15 seconds later it gives a fatal error and then the ARK server tries to start over again.

I am beginning to think that we can't do dedicated servers as well. If this is the case I am getting my money back. We purchased 3 copies as well. Maddening.

So, I have a Dedicated server up and running. I am using Ark Server manager for PC, then I am using my Windows 10 Pro server with Steam installed with Ark installed running the Dedicated server as well for Windows store and Xbox. Haven't tried having my friends connect to my Xbox one but my PC Dedicated servers are working with no issues. MAY have one small glitch where the glitches don't give XP but I might have that corrected after a restart of the server.

You know what would be pretty great?   How about instead of the devs posting up new genesis commercials on twitter every few hours they spend some of that time explaining what is going on, or if they have a fix,  or if they even know about the problem.  How about that for a great idea huh?  Call me crazy but maybe answering the 4 main questions being asked thousands and thousands of times might be good idea?

This is the same for me and my friends who have always played dedicated servers that I would run off my 2nd Xbox, if we don’t hear an answer from ark in the next couple days we will be asking for a refund as well, I have played ark for awhile and been around for most releases, honestly expected lots of problems... this is ark we are talking about, but the fact that we can’t even get a hint to wether or not we are going to be able to run dedicated servers or when we are able to is absolute garbage!

Hi, i have the Same Problem, but we find a way. One of you starts a local no-dedicated play and the others Go to the serverlist and Click on the left side (down) the no dedicate and the Map genesis on the top. You find the Party and Can sometimes Go in. Not everytime ist works, try it more and more.

maybe it helps you

17 hours ago, DavidT84 said:

So, can it be hosted on P.C? My friend and I play on console but host a dedicated server on P.C. As the option is gone on console, we are reluctant to make the third purchase. 

It can be hosted on PC.  I have a dedicated Genesis server up and running on a potato box I have.  Will play on it tomorrow night with friends (giving a day or two for bugs).

5 minutes ago, Scrysis said:

It can be hosted on PC.  I have a dedicated Genesis server up and running on a potato box I have.  Will play on it tomorrow night with friends (giving a day or two for bugs).

I should have done this, I started the day after release and just started building. The issue I have now is I found out the glitches I collected did not go into my logs and I never got the extra XP. Even though I die normally after getting it so the boost doesn't last long anyhow.

I just need to make more friends that like to play ark to justify even running the dedicated server now. Most quit because the game got stale to them and the updates took up WAY to much space on the PC.

13 hours ago, ToxicPanda said:

En ps4 no puedo unirme al servidor no dedicado de mis hermanos. Dice "mapa no instalado", sin embargo, de hecho ES para los dos. Por separado, podemos jugar juegos de gen para un solo jugador, por lo que obviamente está instalado. También podemos unirnos a servidores oficiales 'dedicados' aunque no podamos ejecutar los nuestros.

Same problem

This is really frustrating. I paid for the game and DLC twice to be able to host a player dedicated server for me and my friends. I would be fine with waiting if they at least acknowledged it and gave us some sort of timeline. I would love to know if we're going to have to wait a few more days or months. 
Dodging the spoilers is hard too, as we wanted to experience the game together.
On PS4.

This is by far just a garbage way to run a business (Wildcard so I shouldn't be surprised). There are people here, myself included, whom have bought more than 1 copy of the game exclusively for dedicated servers, and for no apparent public reason, Wildcard purposely removed this feature and refuse to state why. Wildcard we all know that you don't actually care about your customer base and rather instead only care about the money that we provide so think of this as an economical situation. Continuing to treat your customers like trash can and will only result in the extreme loss of revenue. 

13 minutes ago, Fayt said:

This is by far just a garbage way to run a business (Wildcard so I shouldn't be surprised). There are people here, myself included, whom have bought more than 1 copy of the game exclusively for dedicated servers, and for no apparent public reason, Wildcard purposely removed this feature and refuse to state why. Wildcard we all know that you don't actually care about your customer base and rather instead only care about the money that we provide so think of this as an economical situation. Continuing to treat your customers like trash can and will only result in the extreme loss of revenue. 

I have seen developers that were way way way worse than wildcard,  I have had a game that was delayed a year and then when released wouldn't even boot up until they patched it a week later.  wildcard is not the worst, but they do need to pull their heads out and start giving up some information.    A little bit of communication would cut all the hate threads and posts here and on their twitter in half I bet.  Wildcard needs to take a look at /6 games, zipper interactive, and sof studios.   They were all notorious for bad communication with their fanbase.  I am pretty sure Wildcard doesn't want to end up like those developers.

On 2/28/2020 at 1:59 PM, SLlCK said:

I have seen developers that were way way way worse than wildcard,  I have had a game that was delayed a year and then when released wouldn't even boot up until they patched it a week later.  wildcard is not the worst, but they do need to pull their heads out and start giving up some information.    A little bit of communication would cut all the hate threads and posts here and on their twitter in half I bet.  Wildcard needs to take a look at /6 games, zipper interactive, and sof studios.   They were all notorious for bad communication with their fanbase.  I am pretty sure Wildcard doesn't want to end up like those developers.

The issue is thst the way in which Wildcard is purposely choosing to act right now, and it is purposely I guarentee that, has been their business model since day 1. Sitting back and counting their money while releasing absolutely zero information to their customer base whom are desperately searching for answers, that's Wildcard 101. The only reason they've even gotten as far as they have is because Ark has the potential to be, and for all practical purposes absolutely should be, a great game. So no, I doubt they'd wanna end up like those developers either. But Wildcard is just arrogant enough to believe they can keep thei business practices just as they are, and they never will end up like them. 

Please feel free to give me a full refund on this pass, I am not interested in a single player or host on my client game. if that was the case, I would not be running a server with ark on it. You have my email and if you choose to fix this BS and allow dedicated servers with this map, then I may buy into it, but till then I am not interested in hosting it through my client on my desktop. just NO THANK YOU

you are more then welcome to refund my money I paid for the genesis expansion pack  and pass. if I wanted to play a solo player game I'd go down and buy one to play. I have a dedicated server set up and it crashes every time we try to log into it. I see why now. I am not interested in playing alone. or running the map from my client. if that was the case I would not have a server with this game on it at all. between this and all the other negative reviews I have read looking for the problem as to why my dedicated server wasn't working, I'd say just give me my refund, Call of duty did the same thing to me years ago with their game. I have not installed any of their games since. not even intersted in that B.S. I enjoy games, playing with friends, and so on, but solo, pvp, etc. I always believed ark to be better then this. I am beyond disappointed, and so will my friends who play ark. NOT GOOD at all!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, DTRevented said:

you are more then welcome to refund my money I paid for the genesis expansion pack  and pass. if I wanted to play a solo player game I'd go down and buy one to play. I have a dedicated server set up and it crashes every time we try to log into it. I see why now. I am not interested in playing alone. or running the map from my client. if that was the case I would not have a server with this game on it at all. between this and all the other negative reviews I have read looking for the problem as to why my dedicated server wasn't working, I'd say just give me my refund, Call of duty did the same thing to me years ago with their game. I have not installed any of their games since. not even intersted in that B.S. I enjoy games, playing with friends, and so on, but solo, pvp, etc. I always believed ark to be better then this. I am beyond disappointed, and so will my friends who play ark. NOT GOOD at all!!!!!!!

Wildcard continues to not address the forums.  When we called microsoft the rep said that wildcard did not tell them.this was going to be single player.  Seems they pulled the wool over everyones eyes here. Wildcard fix this  your going to lose your base customers..the ones who signed up because this is a multipkayer crossplatform game. 

*listen to the totallyfragged podcast**

Archived