Genesis... no dedicated servers allowed

LdySpyder

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Syphen said:

pretty sure you can have a dedicated server.   I am patching mine with the genesis map and the update now.  

EDIT:  I have a hosted server though so you might be talking about something else

I have been trying to host a dedicated server for well over an hour now and as soon as I click the genesis tab the dedicated server tab disappears.  This is on ps4 btw.  If we host a non dedicated server and try to join each other it tells us genesis hasn't been installed.  we can start out own non dedicated servers and play them, we just can't have anyone else join.

I have a dedicated server up right now, with map name "Genesis" and it's running. Had a few errors getting in (seems grossly unoptimised, took a LONG time for it to load up, spawn etc), but i have a savegame and everything working.

Oh this is on PC btw, on my own dedicated machine i fully control server setup etc.

49 minutes ago, Fayt said:

Yes the idea here is that some of us want to host our own server, without any host barrier, on Genesis, and still be able to play with all our friends. Think of it like a private co op server. It's available on every map except Genesis. Why and will this be fixed and if so then when? 

I would be happy with a simple "oh yeah we know that's busted, we will get to it" from them.  That's it!  just have the person who's job it is to relay information relay some information.  The last thing wildcard said was basically  "here you go! download it and play! bye now!"

Nothing new here, but on xbox is the same issue, meaning as soon as I click on the Genesis map, the dedicated server option disappears. Another annoying thing is idk if it's just bugged or "unavailable" right now, but I can't download the DLC for my computer to host the dedicated server either. Microsoft has a "plays anywhere" option for all of the ARK DLC's except this one for now. It means I can use an alternate xbox account to "play" ARK on my PC but use it to host the server. I was going to do that but it doesn't seem to be an option. :( I do hope to hear something from the devs regarding this OBVIOUS issue.

8 hours ago, SLlCK said:

I would be happy with a simple "oh yeah we know that's busted, we will get to it" from them.  That's it!  just have the person who's job it is to relay information relay some information.  The last thing wildcard said was basically  "here you go! download it and play! bye now!"

Yeah I think that's the most annoying part. The devs don't really answer poop cause the higher ups tell them not too. Idk if that's the case here though but it sure seems like it. This is afterall the official ark blog if I'm not mistaken so if the devs are doing their job at all there's no way they're not at least aware of how pissed off a large amount of their customer base is. We're the ones that allow them to be in business because we're the ones that give them money. Given that, I don't understand how they have absolutely no issues with ignoring us. 

It's funny because they announced on twitter a patch coming for PC users, minor fixes for the most part. Yet here we all are, not even able to play the game because we want to host our own server like we have done before and the devs aren't telling us anything.

Fix these issues:

- Host dedicated servers on Xbox

- The ability to download Genesis through "play anywhere" on pc and host a dedicated server.

This is an outrage and they aren't saying a thing about it.

Archived