Can we talk about the release time for Genesis tonight

AdminDTM

• Volunteer Moderator

I agree with the frustration and disappointment. The original release time for UK was 6pm, which was perfect. Now it's a midnight release. For those playing on official servers it screws their enjoyment of starting on a brand new DLC.

Sadly, this is always going to happen for UK and Europe because the timings are always based on EST/PST which is to be expected for an American company, that can't be argued, and therefore when a pushback happens it goes to nighttime for UK.

For myself for example, 6pm would be before dinner, I can download the DLC, start playing after dinner. But now with a midnight release, i'll go to bed before midnight, start it downloading in the morning, start work and won't be able to play until 5pm+ that evening, therefore an entire day before I can play it.

The only saving grace for me personally is that I play on unofficial PvE, so no pillar spam or anything like that to worry about.

So I do understand the frustration, but I know WC wouldn't push it back if they didn't have to.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a European I don't care. I won't play it right away because of the bad experiences from the last DLCs. I am prepared for massive problems and expect at least 2-3 hotfixes just on release day. So it's the weekend for me which is perfect. ? BTW: Don't complain about tuesday/mid-week releases. This has always been the case for every major update and DLC iirc. ;)

Honestly guys, you are all such doom mongerers, after having been through the release of every DLC so far, there will not be pillar spam everywhere (remember everyone is starting fresh) - also people who do pillar will mostly be pillaring the wrong places and not where they end up wanting to build a base so we can all have a giggle at that - remember the big tribes building on the wasteland on extinction? Leave them to waste their time making pillars and growing an ulcer over getting the best spot (which they will get wrong and force chilled people with a 4x4 base to build in the best spots) and just enjoy the release.

There will be plenty of room for everyone.... and more servers released over the coming weeks. If they need a few extra hours, then so be it.

Relax and enjoy.

The release time is as usual crap for EU and countries even further away from the US. it's 01:00 AM CET (Amsterdam) on a tuesday / wednesday the 26th (not 25th) release time. And if the earlier releases and general updates of Ark are an indication we're atleast downloading till 02:00 / 02:30 AM even on my 500/500mbit fiber connection.

Not because steam can't give me my max speed (cause they can on other downloads/updates) just not with Ark and *couch* Atlas *cough* 

21 minutes ago, Luizza said:

Honestly guys, you are all such doom mongerers, after having been through the release of every DLC so far, there will not be pillar spam everywhere (remember everyone is starting fresh) - also people who do pillar will mostly be pillaring the wrong places and not where they end up wanting to build a base so we can all have a giggle at that - remember the big tribes building on the wasteland on extinction? Leave them to waste their time making pillars and growing an ulcer over getting the best spot (which they will get wrong and force chilled people with a 4x4 base to build in the best spots) and just enjoy the release.

There will be plenty of room for everyone.... and more servers released over the coming weeks. If they need a few extra hours, then so be it.

Relax and enjoy.

This topic wasn't made for people like u playing singleplayer.... U can start in 10 years and still build wherever u want... There are those with jobs that have things to do tommorow like a heart transplant that can't be postponed! (Well it can but with more risk so that's out of the question!)So yea the time is superpoopty for Europeans like it always is...

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, deedoubleu said:

True, but it could be "sooner" for other timezones instead of "later". I don't think people would complain if it was 24th for them.

They can't release for one timezone earlier and release for another later. It needs to be simultaneous to try and make it fairer, at least on officials. I do feel though that the original scheduled time would have been fairer for many people, but people gotta accept it how it is as they can't do anything about it besides stress themselves out.

4 minutes ago, GP said:

They can't release for one timezone earlier and release for another later. It needs to be simultaneous to try and make it fairer, at least on officials. I do feel though that the original scheduled time would have been fairer for many people, but people gotta accept it how it is as they can't do anything about it besides stress themselves out.

Oh no no, I didn't suggest separate releases for different  timezones, I meant that release date and time could be 1 day early for certain timezones. For example, If I say I will rant at forum on 26th and do it early morning, post will appear late night 25th for WC folks.

TLDR: Obviously I would prefer release time to be fairer for me, but can't do anything about it.

EU Player here, i dont feel scammed at all, i am super excited about the next ARK Chapter and i cannot wait to play ? 

Timing has been off on every release from day one.  No surprise this time, i am planning accordingly and dont expect anything.

BTW this release is looking EPIC!! wuhuuuu almost like waiting fo x-mas 

Can we talk about the release time for Genesis tonight

I've been an avid ark player for 2 to 3 years now, one of my fav games. I live in the UK and am in my last year of school. The past few days I've been struggling with illness but coping to get to tonight at 6pm to play genesis when I buy the season pass. The issue is that in the UK it releases at 12pm. Why?! It just means alot of people don't get a fair start tonight, with other countries becoming much further ahead on pvp etc as I'll be sleeping. 

I know this seems selfish but I would like a reason as to why I have to wait to the 26th to play genesis whereas the US and elsewhere has it on the 25th. Please explain, thank you

Archived