Can we talk about the release time for Genesis tonight

AdminDTM

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, mirage2396 said:

Is Genesis still expected to be released tomorrow?

Is genesis still gonna be released tomorrow? I have faith in you guys but a lot of people will refund if it’s postponed again.

2 things.

1. Yes. Look up 'Ark Genesis Countdown's on Google. The Twitter has a link to the gamepedia so trust that time.

2. People will be sad to know that a refund is highly unlikely.

• Volunteer Moderator
58 minutes ago, mirage2396 said:

Is Genesis still expected to be released tomorrow?

Is genesis still gonna be released tomorrow? I have faith in you guys but a lot of people will refund if it’s postponed again.

Yes it is being released tomorrow.

Even if there is a delay and people refund, those that refund because of the delay will buy it again when it does release. People use the refund statement as a scare tactic, but it does not achieve that effect because the game will release when it is ready, not when people make threats of refund.

7 minutes ago, DAVE99 said:

Midnight realise for UK.

So not only do EU players get genesis a day late, they also have to stay up until 3-4am to try and get a decent spot before everything is pillared by the morning. This is in the middle of the week also. Thanks WC doing your EU playerbase a big f-u. Appreciate it.

Welcome to ARK, they make all patches also on PST all times

11 minutes ago, DAVE99 said:

Midnight realise for UK.

So not only do EU players get genesis a day late, they also have to stay up until 3-4am to try and get a decent spot before everything is pillared by the morning. This is in the middle of the week also. Thanks WC doing your EU playerbase a big f-u. Appreciate it.

I agree with you. Maybe if they could release it during a weekend i would be good with them pushing it back for people to no life it. But for people that have school and some other stuff its a bit hard. 

But i do agree with you but hey, nothing you can do about it. 

19 minutes ago, DAVE99 said:

Midnight realise for UK.

Don't worry man. im 100% sure people on this side of pond wont be able to play tomorrow at release "25th 4pm pst" I will be playable if we are lucky at 12am pst on the 26th IF WE ARE lucky.

I still remember the god awfull aberration, them the even worse extinction launch! :(

1 hour ago, DAVE99 said:

Midnight realise for UK.

A massive amount of pillar spam or land grab going happen I expect people to have two Xbox’s to hog a spot up...

2 hours ago, DAVE99 said:

Thanks WC doing your EU playerbase a big f-u. Appreciate it.

It's a worldwide release, SOMEONE is always going to miss out timezone-wise. Your midnight is someone else's afternoon, and your afternoon is someone else's midnight. It's not personal, it's not 'an F-U to the EU playerbase'. If they released it at a nice time for EU, then by that logic, it'd be an 'F-U' to plenty of other people!

2 hours ago, DAVE99 said:

So not only do EU players get genesis a day late

But.. you.. still get it at the same point in time as everyone else? It's not 'a day late', your clock just reads something different?

20 minutes ago, TheEclipseee said:

It's a worldwide release, SOMEONE is always going to miss out timezone-wise. Your midnight is someone else's afternoon, and your afternoon is someone else's midnight. It's not personal, it's not 'an F-U to the EU playerbase'. If they released it at a nice time for EU, then by that logic, it'd be an 'F-U' to plenty of other people!

But.. you.. still get it at the same point in time as everyone else? It's not 'a day late', your clock just reads something different?

I agree with Dave, we are getting the dlc on the 26th and most people will be in bed in EU due to work and school. Initialy 1pm PST is 9pm in the UK so that's on the same day. 

This game does not forgive if you miss out on a whole day on release. I was off on release and was hoping to get a head start which of course will not happen. If they wanted to have the game for all then release should be like 10 am PST so that most people can play it around the world.

25 minutes ago, DrKMaT said:

This game does not forgive if you miss out on a whole day on release. I was off on release and was hoping to get a head start which of course will not happen.

While that's a fair enough point, isn't that the idea of regional servers- that everyone on the server is in the same boat?

25 minutes ago, DrKMaT said:

If they wanted to have the game for all then release should be like 10 am PST so that most people can play it around the world.

And there is my point. There are plenty of people for whom that time is incredibly early morning (like the entirety of Australia for example). Someone will always miss out. The times aren't always going to be convenient for you- sometimes you'll be the person to miss out, sometimes it'll be someone else.

Yes, it sucks, but that's just how things are, and there's not really anything anyone can do to change the fact it works like  that.

Genesis and the release time

I just want to express my general frustration. I cannot be the only one, but the release time to be at 7pm EST which is the time I have to head to bed to be to work at 1am is rough.

I am part of a full discord of people that took off the day to play this new map just to be punched in the gut and not be able to enjoy this map like the rest of the community cause we have to work.

I get they are trying to do a simultaneous release for all platforms, but like, you knew the time, why not just push it back a whole day to the 26th and do a 10AM release, or release it for the PC audience/which ever console can allow you to release when you can with the PC version.

I feel like you guys are betraying the audience as a whole. EU feel scammed, EST feels scammed, and PST feels scammed. Only people that are going to be able to enjoy it is Hawaii.

Hope the launch goes well, but goddamn, feelsbadman.

pepehands.png

Gets released a bit late for EST, right about the time everyone gets home from work in CST, right as people get off work in Mountain Time, and a bit early in PST. You have an unusual work schedule and are upset that the release time doesn't cater to your situation rather than to the majority of people? I understand the frustration of taking the day off to play right away, but most game releases end up getting delayed and have issues the first day. Always take the next day off of work so you can play when you get home from work the day of release, all night, and all the 2nd day when the game is likely to be more stable.

Although release is perfect timing for me, I play on an Aussy server cluster and don't expect it to be up and running until Wednesday anyways.

Archived