Allow Genesis download pre-launch

MightyBanana

Allow us to download up to 90-95% of the dlc pre-launch.... not all of us have fiber optic internet speeds :(
Or download a disabled file and re-activate on lunch time with some extra download.... 

Take it from your community that loves you and wants what is best for you. Every game that I have played in my 30 year lifespam allowed me to download patch data before the content arives. 
There is absolutly no point in HIDING whats going to be revealed in a couple of hours. I won't complain about you making me waste a vacation day of the month, I know I know.... dead lines, launches . work is work. 

But at least dont be that company with stupid rules that annoy its playerbase 

16 minutes ago, TheBlueB0mber said:

This would inevitably lead to someone picking apart the code and posting spoilers on YouTube

It is releasing in 12 hours anyway.. spoilers dont really matter at this point people wont even have time to watch them before it releases.

i totally agree, we cannot get on the servers until they release so why not just let us download now so we can play at 7pm when they open ( im on eastern time)

Instead of making it so the game will still be downloading when i go to bed :(

4 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

Allow us to download up to 90-95% of the dlc pre-launch.... not all of us have fiber optic internet speeds :(
Or download a disabled file and re-activate on lunch time with some extra download.... 

Take it from your community that loves you and wants what is best for you. Every game that I have played in my 30 year lifespam allowed me to download patch data before the content arives. 
There is absolutly no point in HIDING whats going to be revealed in a couple of hours. I won't complain about you making me waste a vacation day of the month, I know I know.... dead lines, launches . work is work. 

But at least dont be that company with stupid rules that annoy its playerbase 

My genesis actually just started downloading, it did after I went into settings and updated my Xbox so now Ill actually be able to play since it’ll be done by the time the dlc releases :) HYPE

4 hours ago, Notorious2652 said:

totally agree, we cannot get on the servers until they release so why not just let us download now so we can play at 7pm when they open ( im on eastern time)

Instead of making it so the game will still be downloading when i go to bed :(

We won’t be able to get on the servers until they are ready. More than likely, many won’t be able to log in and the majority will get kicked out constantly.

I hope I’m wrong.

• Volunteer Moderator
45 minutes ago, ChillEBean said:

My genesis actually just started downloading, it did after I went into settings and updated my Xbox so now Ill actually be able to play since it’ll be done by the time the dlc releases :) HYPE

You are probably just getting the HLN-A. You are not downloading the Genesis DLC.

7 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

It is disgusting seriously.. every other mmo out there allows me to download, then when its time to unlock the new content the server go down for a few, and the new content is unlocked... 

BTW Ark is not an MMO, it also has single player, so there's no time-gating content and making servers going down to activate them. Also its releasing on all 3 platform so they cant just roll out a second update, as it would have to pass certification twice per console.

Archived