Genesis Map name for dedicated

Utena

1 hour ago, Carbo said:

Im looking for the same answer, i suppose it will be the same and that we will only know the name when the dlc comes out. 

6 hours ago, Utena said:

Genesis Map name for dedicated

Hi

We are planning to load Genesis to our private server cluster shortly after launch.

Does anyone knows the map name to load it? Like with  valguero we needed to type “valguero_P” into asm to make it work and was wondering if Genesis will be the same.

Cheers

Game/map/Genesis/Genesis_P

2 hours ago, TheSlayerNL said:

According to the Beta Servers its just Genesis, just like Extinction?

Thank you for some clarity!

I was concerned because there is a map mod called Genesis (https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1269952552&searchtext=genesis) but I was not able to find the map name used for it (wasn't going to install it just for that). 

I always fear when the unknown is out there and speculations start forming. Everyone knows how far tales can get spun when that happens. 

copied from my host provider, HostHavoc:

How To Load The Genesis DLC On Your ARK Server

Please note: Genesis has not yet released and this guide may not be correct. This will be updated with the official release of Genesis later today.If you landed on this article, you're likely trying to get Gensis running on your ARK: Survival Evolved server.

Let's review the steps required to set things up.
Step 1:
Step 2: Go to the main service page for your ARK service. 
Step 3: Click on Update Server Files to update the server if you have not already.
Step 4: Find the module labelled Command Line Manager.
Step 5: If you have not already created a custom command line, create a new one.
Step 6: Change the map name from TheIsland to Genesis.
Step 7: Save the custom command line.
Step 8: On the right-hand side of your screen, you will see a button labelled Select. Click this button to select your custom command line.
Step 9: You're all set!

I have mine Hosted with Gameservers.com I am assuming its Linux based but i do not have access to the machine itself to verify. I have a control panel where I can edit the Server Command Line and .ini files. To get mine to switch to the Genesis map I just changed my previous map name(Valguero_P) to Genesis, saved my config and rebooted. took about 15 min for it to come back up but then it was on the Genesis map and running fine. My current version is 306.48. My Server Command Line looks like this now

Genesis?SessionName="-----------"?GameModIds=731604991?queryport=21011?port=21010?maxplayers=30 -Multihome=-------------- -console -automanagedmods

I removed my Server name and IP from above though. 

4 minutes ago, Valinra said:

Using Ark Server Manager I tried: Genesis, Genesis_P, Game/map/Genesis/Genesis_P, and Genesis/Genesis_P. They all come up as Shooterentry on the map name when I try to join the server. Can anyone tell me the correct path or guide to play this DLC with ASM?

Try these steps. This is what worked for me.

This is the Game data file you can download.

https://arkservermanager.freeforums.net/thread/6723/genesis-map

To get this to work follow this link below and place the file as it states.

https://arkservermanager.freeforums.net/thread/5753/game-data-files

Then you  just pick the Genesis map and update/Verify once this is all setup and it will download the new files associated to Genesis and then once that is done Start the server.

5 hours ago, Runicmajier said:

Try these steps. This is what worked for me.

This is the Game data file you can download.

https://arkservermanager.freeforums.net/thread/6723/genesis-map

To get this to work follow this link below and place the file as it states.

https://arkservermanager.freeforums.net/thread/5753/game-data-files

Then you  just pick the Genesis map and update/Verify once this is all setup and it will download the new files associated to Genesis and then once that is done Start the server.

Is there anyway to do this without having ASM? My Buddy and I are having the same the same issue but we dont use ASM for our server, we connect to each other and/or our Server by using LogMeInHamachi, it was working just fine before (we were playing on Ragnarok) and now we're trying to play Genesis privately but it still comes up with "ShooterEntry" when it launches the map

16 minutes ago, Divine987 said:

Is there anyway to do this without having ASM? My Buddy and I are having the same the same issue but we dont use ASM for our server, we connect to each other and/or our Server by using LogMeInHamachi, it was working just fine before (we were playing on Ragnarok) and now we're trying to play Genesis privately but it still comes up with "ShooterEntry" when it launches the map

I have never dabbled with that one so I cannot speak to much on the setup of it. I have really only used ASK or started it up with a command line and each server starting up with a Notepad created into a .bat file to run each indevidual server. But when you use the second method you have to learn the admin commands to shutdown the servers then.  

Sorry I can't be of more help.

Archived