Ark Hard Drive Space

Reliquery

Ark Hard Drive Space

I am looking to install Ark Survival Evolved onto my computer through steam. Steam says it needs 60Gb of Storage space and my file manager says I have 111Gb of free storage. But when I try to install it, it says I do not have enough storage space available. Disk space required is 139700Mb and available is 114113Mb on the little popup window to select the install.

If you can afford it I'd recommend a 1tb ssd hard drive. Use it solely for ark.  With mods and ark installed I'm at 356 to 450mb.  

I got mine for about 150 Canadian. Reason I say this is if you also like to join heavy modded servers I also recommend haveing 500 mb free space. 

Since a buddy and myself have done this we load servers with 40 plus mods easy without getting stuck on snapshot 16 or kicked by battle eye.

Just play Ark through Geforce Now. It's free and doesn't use any of your hard drive space.

You just have to have decent internet. The free version makes you logg off then back in every hour, but the paid version ($5/month with the first 3 months free) gives you 6 hours before relogging

This will allow you to play Ark at Epic settings and not take up your hard drive space

16 hours ago, Reliquery said:

Ark Hard Drive Space

I am looking to install Ark Survival Evolved onto my computer through steam. Steam says it needs 60Gb of Storage space and my file manager says I have 111Gb of free storage. But when I try to install it, it says I do not have enough storage space available. Disk space required is 139700Mb and available is 114113Mb on the little popup window to select the install.

On my machine install is 198 GB (with all DLC's and no mods). however the Steam install is a bit (ok a lot) misleading cause it has to download the stuff unpack it and then move it to where its going (steamapps/common) so work on around double what the actual download required space is.

• 8 months later...

Archived