After 2 years not playing, a returning players thoughts

MThud

After 2 years not playing, a returning players thoughts

I cannot believe the game is still the way it was before.

I started to play on a private server since so many people were asking me to come back for genesis, get the feel for it again.

I was almost instantly triggered. I got picked and it put me through the ground a little bit like it always did before but it instantly killed me saying i was trying to mesh...... No body bag nothing..

Ok, whatever the mesh poop is new i read. (although it scares me to see how many players and dinos just get deleted... inventories and all.. great way to deal with the cheaters, punish the legit guys some more BY DELETING MORE DINOS AND INVENTORIES than the buggy ass game already does?), i mean throw the poop at 50,50 or something just have the game delete peoples hard work, but thats always your answer isn't it. 

ok ok Maybe they have made some game improvments.

I check the tribe log, it is still the half ass'd tribe log it has always been. No searching, no filters, no logging options. Just straight up spam trash like it always has been.

Ok maybe they finally redid the tribe permissions system like any real permissions system would have been done, where you create one or many permissions group and then can assign one OR MORE groups to a single user.  nope still just the single permissions poop... although i will say atleast you can now make 20 different permission groups.

Storage based permissions (where you can assign one or multiple groups to have permission to something)... still non-existant.

Camera's? still non-existant.

On ground mesh's (5 years in the waiting) still non-existant (or wait they have like 5 or 10? of the 100 items?)

Ok, maybe building is better. Pull out a foundation .. place it... Nope still have to click the raptoring button every god damn time. You could save everyone 1/2 the @#$@A# keyboard presses by simply leaving the #$@#$@ item we last placed out, if we placed a foundation i shouldn't have to select a foundation again. When im done i can right click to deselect... 

Pull out a wall, goto place it, it places somewhere else... Nope still garbage building.

Stand still to place a wall where there are alot of junctions, don't move at all, watch the wall magically and randomly switch between all the positions over and over again, i am not moving , the mouse isn't moving, is this like whack a mole? just hope to god you click at the right time to place the item where you want? (this is standing on the ground, i am not on anything that is moving)

FINALLY they added s+.. finally.. but the triangle pieces ... arn't 45degrees... so... why add them at all?... i mean... you didn't really add s+... you let us pick up some poop for 10 seconds and added horrible triangle pieces that are so useless and stairs? for rp people i guess?

Characters can still be deleted.

Items can still be duped.

All the duped items and characters that have existed for years still exist?????

Dev's don't punish users but entire tribes still. So if you and your 30 man tribe invite one idiot who decides to cheat, your whole tribe gets a dev wipe?.. I came back to the 3 servers i had huge bases built on, and every single one had been dev wiped. I do not know the reason, but i know it had nothing to do with me as i was not playing at the time. Yet 8,000 hours worth of work is just deleted at the press of a button. Then i hear the dev's meme about it. Seems like a great way to treat your player base.

5 years guys???? Maybe i need to wait a few more years.

This has to be one of the dumbest posts ive ever seen on these forums, and that says a LOT.

You basically whine about a bunch of non issues, and then contradict yourself over and over.

You didnt play for 2 years, and come back and automatically assume your "huge bases" got dev wiped?  They couldnt possible have just gotten raided or abandoned in the TWO YEARS you didnt play right?

You also complain about duping and cheating not being fixed, which means you must be using the cheats yourself to know that they still exist.  But then why whine about getting dev wiped if you are so anti cheating?

What a poop post.  I guarantee you are just a trash cheater that got caught and now  you are whining about the game because you got caught cheating and got wiped.

You also complain about duping and cheating not being fixed, which means you must be using the cheats yourself to know that they still exist.  But then why whine about getting dev wiped if you are so anti cheating?

In pvp u dont have to use the cheats to know they work, u know when others use lots of duped items and cheats against u.

11 hours ago, Castlerock said:

In pvp u dont have to use the cheats to know they work, u know when others use lots of duped items and cheats against u.

I've been playing official PvP off and on since early access. I tend to avoid associating with mega tribes because they are well known for getting dev wiped for cheating. Playing legit and minding my own business, the only cheating I've really experienced were from meshers and people who would change their gamma settings before it was allowed. Other cheats outside of this I have little knowledge about because I never cared about researching them and if my enemies did in fact cheat it wasn't helping them enough for me to notice. How would you know if someone was using duped gear or cheats against you?

@MThudI'm really happy to see that they wipe full tribes for cheaters and hackers. Otherwise people could hide their second account chars and only they would get banned. Also dupers would get banned while the tribe still profits, total garbage. Very good to see that they actually fully wipe your cheating asses.

15 hours ago, MThud said:

I cannot believe the game is still the way it was before.

So you say it's the same way it was before, yet go on to acknowledge that some things have changed. Ignoring that bit of silliness... what did you expect? Did you think that a game out of early access was going to become a completely different game after two years? 

Welcome to the forums.

Rhetorical questions... Why is it people only seem to join the forums to moan about the game? Nothing positive to contribute? No positive experiences in the game at all? All of these factors destroy any potential credibility IMO. 

I've been playing official PvP off and on since early access. I tend to avoid associating with mega tribes because they are well known for getting dev wiped for cheating. Playing legit and minding my own business, the only cheating I've really experienced were from meshers and people who would change their gamma settings before it was allowed. Other cheats outside of this I have little knowledge about because I never cared about researching them and if my enemies did in fact cheat it wasn't helping them enough for me to notice. How would you know if someone was using duped gear or cheats against you?
Based on others' posts here and videos on youtube, a few examples i found is when ppl raid u with several meks of same lvl, or only your helmet is the only damaged piece of gear.

What DeHammer said... Plus, as someone above posted - it's a GAME. It's supposed to be FUN. Nobody forces anyone to play Ark. I play this game because I enjoy it and it's something fun to do in my down time. Know what I do if I try something new and don't like it? I don't do it anymore. I certainly don't feel the need to take to a public forum and tell a bunch of strangers everything I hated about it.

I joined these forums to learn from other players and get news about the game. I surprises me too, how many people seem to come here or create accounts simply to bitch about this game.

Archived