A cowards attack

Boughtonebay

I play both pve and pvp, but on my pve bases, I always make sure to have plenty of turrets and defenses because there will ALWAYS be people looking to troll and grief you. 

I suggest high walls, railing on top, with spikes in front at the bottom and plenty of turrets on the inside. I also keep a giga out at my tp and front door. I always go around my base and say, "If I was an a**hole, how would I kite a dino in here?". 

Remember, there's no kill like over-kill and if it's worth doing, it's worth over-doing! 

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, DeHammer said:

There's no real practical difference if a wild dino attacks your base or one is dragged to your base by another player. If you haven't prepared for an attack by a wild dino, then you haven't properly prepared, which is a failure regardless of PvP or PvE.

Just because PvE isn't PvP does not mean there are never player conflicts in PvE. That's a mistaken assumption. 

For more than 5 years my good old giga took care of everything that could ever hurt me, my base or dinos. As I said, I live in area where spinos, rexes, alpha carnos & rexes spawn too often, there are annoying raptors around too.

My building, even tho I focused on how it looks, is built so nothing can aggro on anything inside and the materials are combined to withstand everything. Even if I loose some structures the building will never collapse, the roof will stand even if the ground floor is gone, keeping dinos and all my stuff safe.

So please, dont tell me it cant be done without the "ugly parts". It can. I dont need a Great chinese wall made of behemoth gates on island for example, so why building it that way? Dont need a sea of spike walls either. Unfortunately, exti is exti. They dropped a corrupted carno on my roof right above the cryofridges, then crawled behind my cryofridges so the carno, still aggroed on them, destroys them. I found them dead/logouted in there. Probably ragequitted because all 7 cryofridges were empty, after trying to get inside for few days. They couldnt, even if I didnt have turrets, gates or spikes.

I build nice and smart, not "ugly but everyone build it like this so I must too and that is the only correct way." Use your fantasy and creativity, isnt ark a sandbox after all? If I choose PvE I want to deal with PvE, not dealing with douchebag players.

Yo sorry for the mini-novel, I couldnt resist.

The argument: "pve players need to defend themselves because there is always trolls", does not address the argument: "Wc ought to do x,y, and z to address problems in pve allowing people to pvp them". We do defend ourselves, but it's irritating to have to do so because that isn't the intended game mode. It's even more irritating when the glitch is something that has been going on for a long time, is indefensible, and has a simple solution! (Make the teleporter check what it is teleporting, and leave the wild dinos behind)

16 hours ago, Erinn said:

For more than 5 years my good old giga took care of everything that could ever hurt me, my base or dinos. As I said, I live in area where spinos, rexes, alpha carnos & rexes spawn too often, there are annoying raptors around too.

First of all, no where do I tell you how to build, or not to rely on tames. I myself do both. I have a literal army of Gigas. I also take precautions to make sure they stay where I want them to. Secondly, do what you want, but don't cry about it when someone lures your Giga away and trashes your base. It's a simple concept... prepare or suffer the consequences and suck it up. 

12 hours ago, sjskdjkfa said:

The argument: "pve players need to defend themselves because there is always trolls", does not address the argument: "Wc ought to do x,y, and z to address problems in pve allowing people to pvp them". We do defend ourselves, but it's irritating to have to do so because that isn't the intended game mode. It's even more irritating when the glitch is something that has been going on for a long time, is indefensible, and has a simple solution! (Make the teleporter check what it is teleporting, and leave the wild dinos behind)

You have it all wrong. The argument is not "pve players need to defend themselves because there is always trolls". No where does PvE guarantee peace. You can have warring tribes in PvE. Depending on server settings, you can be killed by tribe mates in PvE. The mistake is in thinking that someone is supposed to protect you from what you perceive as an injustice when in fact the game settings are created to allow for it.

It's a SURVIVAL game, set in a sandbox. Stop expecting the mighty hand of WC to save you. Save yourself. 

If you want to be carefree in building... find the right server for that (your won if need be)... or play Minecraft in creative mode.

The worrying part is that even low lvl corrupted Pteras deal huge amounts of damage to structures. I tested this on my own structures that my friend build in the city, just to show him how stupid it is because he had no clue about the heavy griefing issues on ARK official PVE extinction servers.

I lured 3 Pteras, lvl 15-20-25. I let them attack the frontside of his newly build metal base, build on top of one of the very high buildings. It took me 1 minutes to lure them there and they dealt 100-300 damage on nearly every structure on the front in around 1+ minutes of attack time. 

The amount of damage dealt is crazy and it seems like it deals a flat amount even if the dino is very, very low. You can lure pteras very precisely in gigantic flocks, they never despawn and never deaggro.....

But they are way easier dealt with than gigantic teleported amounts of corrupted gigas which also deal gigantic amounts of damage to any structure in a huge AOE. It's just tiresome to be forced to play like this. Constantly having to check your defenses, fill them up, check your tribe log all the time. They watch your base, it's crazy to some people but they actually do. They keep watch until you leave for a drop and start luring, I changed my steam name to 123 and tribename to some random language I google translated just to make it a little harder to track me which really shouldn't be the case for a PVE server. 

I really don't mind being attacked by random dinos but Extinction just makes it so damn easy. It's really just too easy to foundation wipe someone on that map on PVE if the other party is really determined and you are not going all out on defenses and even then there is still a chance to destroy parts of your base with the endless amounts of corrupted...

4 hours ago, DeHammer said:

You have it all wrong. The argument is not "pve players need to defend themselves because there is always trolls". No where does PvE guarantee peace. You can have warring tribes in PvE. Depending on server settings, you can be killed by tribe mates in PvE. The mistake is in thinking that someone is supposed to protect you from what you perceive as an injustice when in fact the game settings are created to allow for it.

It's a SURVIVAL game, set in a sandbox. Stop expecting the mighty hand of WC to save you. Save yourself. 

If you want to be carefree in building... find the right server for that (your won if need be)... or play Minecraft in creative mode.

Uhh tribes can't war in pve anymore. They can't precisely because trolls exploited it to do pvp on pve, which is precisely what wild card doesn't want for pve, and guess what, the "mighty hand" of wild card swooped in and saved us (in their slow raptored up way, but their intentions are clear pve =/= pvp). Sure it is a survival game, but we are only supposed to have to survive the environment. If you honestly believe wild card wants trolls to be able to foundation wipe us with cowardly offline attacks, explain why when they accept the evidence that such an attack happened, they will punish the trolls?

6 hours ago, DeHammer said:

First of all, no where do I tell you how to build, or not to rely on tames. I myself do both. I have a literal army of Gigas. I also take precautions to make sure they stay where I want them to. Secondly, do what you want, but don't cry about it when someone lures your Giga away and trashes your base. It's a simple concept... prepare or suffer the consequences and suck it up. 

Idk how to say it so its clear, so Im just gonna repeat myself. Never have I ever had the need to build orp behemoth gates, spikes or turrets. I consider them ugly. So I build smart, trolls couldnt get into my base for a long time even on exti. Im creative and happy to make something nice. Thats why it makes me sad seeing a quite nice base, but surrounded by the "ugly stuff". On pve you should build against angry tickle chicken that walked too close, wild rex aggroing on your base or raptor spawning inside your base. Troodon at your doorstep. Pegos & flying beach pegos making your life miserable. Spino slaping some phiomia near your walls, destroying stuff inside with aoe. Ground-shaking titanosaur. There is a lot of threats I will gladly face. But building a millitary base with tons of weapons and heavy structures just because someone wants to have a look into your cryofridges on pve and brings 20 corrupted gigas along? So dont act like its normal behaviour and that I should "suck it up". There is a difference. A wild roaming rex isnt the same as 20 corrupted gigas chewing your base.

Thats just my opinion. Disabling teleporting of wild dinos would partially save the problem. I respect your opinion too, but you have to admit there really is a difference.

VERY GOOD NEWS for everyone who is not a griefer or kiter! :D 

They disabled the Wild Dino Teleport!!! No more endless amounts of giga teleports and you are not forced to pillar gigantic areas around your base to hinder people on building teleporters! 

This should be very good news for everyone who plays on Extinction. 

The only downside is that you won't be able to teleport Reaper Queens anymore to your base and would have to use the old classic method :)  

But what is a Reaper Queen worth compared to endless hours of work that people have lost because of Corrupted wiping their bases? I play Abe a lot myself and always used the classic method of searching for a queen, trapping it and repeating the process. I hope all those who used the queen teleport can see that this fix/change has more benefits than downsides for the whole community and not just for single individuals.

Thank you Wildcard/Dev's who changed this and made the map way more enjoyable! 

4 hours ago, Fukushu said:

VERY GOOD NEWS for everyone who is not a griefer or kiter! :D 

They disabled the Wild Dino Teleport!!! No more endless amounts of giga teleports and you are not forced to pillar gigantic areas around your base to hinder people on building teleporters! 

This should be very good news for everyone who plays on Extinction. 

The only downside is that you won't be able to teleport Reaper Queens anymore to your base and would have to use the old classic method :)  

But what is a Reaper Queen worth compared to endless hours of work that people have lost because of Corrupted wiping their bases? I play Abe a lot myself and always used the classic method of searching for a queen, trapping it and repeating the process. I hope all those who used the queen teleport can see that this fix/change has more benefits than downsides for the whole community and not just for single individuals.

Thank you Wildcard/Dev's who changed this and made the map way more enjoyable! 

When was this changed? I haven't been able to see anything in the patch notes.

@Zahleaprobably over the last days/today? I would assume it was changed with the other updates. My friend told me this morning that Reaper Queen teleport doesn't work anymore, so I lured an anky, stego and one of those rolling metal drones to a teleporter and I wasn't able to teleport them. 

I'm really happy about this change :D  

4 hours ago, DeHammer said:

Yes they can. Not everyone plays official servers. Don't confuse what WC uses as server settings with what the game is capable of. 

That's true about unofficial, but the thread is largely focused on Official PvE, since the original post.  Just as an FYI, Hammer.

-------------------------------  general statement, not directed at you, Hammer.  -------------------------------------

Having a touch of defense on Official PvE to protect against the occasional corrupt that invariably finds its way onto your base is one thing.   Building a 100-turret turret-tower in anticipation of griefer/PvP-actions is PvP-lite.  I think everyone gets that some of you are OK expecting PvP in Official PvE, and that the PvP'ers love seeing this bullcrap pulled because they can enjoy forum-salt, but Official PvE follows a ruleset quite obviously set up to PREVENT players from fighting with other players. 

Hell, I mean tribe-wars were disabled because people couldn't resist the opportunity to grief other players.  What were people doing on the forums when people would complain about getting alliance-wiped?  Trying to convince people that this is simply a part of the game they have to live with, that's what people were doing.  Then they stopped it from happening, and all of a sudden all that advice was irrelevant. 

Sometimes nothing will actually happen even if a great report is filed.  But the point is:  That doesn't mean you all have to come into every thread offering advice about how people should build for the intent of countering player-actions and just let Official PvE be PvP-lite.  And yes, 15-20 Wild Corrupts being teleported to your base by another player is a PvP action.  Just like dino-grabbing on Official PvE.  And just like pillaring all the way around someone's base.  And just like any one of the other actions they either restricted or limited on Official PvE because people have a compulsive need to seek out ways to create misery for others, and how better to create that misery than to create it in Official PvE?

Ehh, whatever.  No one is changing their minds, enjoy your thread.

@TheDonnI fully agree but it wasn't griefers anymore over the past months that teleported corrupted gigas to peoples bases it were tribes seeking to only steal from you. A griefer would get some kind of enjoyment of destroying some of your stuff or killing some of your dinos but those people did it very well planned. They searched for big bases and probably waited sometimes hours until someone logs on or off to have their online times. It was just like PVP...

They set up their teleporters and one in the giga area, I have multiple pictures/videos of those, one tribe even forgot to take away their Qutzel which they used to transport material and left their main tribe Qutzel near the 2nd tribe giga teleporter but you still can't report them unless you have 100% video evidence of them kiting the giga to the teleporter and then to a base...

Like I said before, most of those tribes were Chinese or Russian (in our cases only Chinese) we had and STILL have one of the griefer tribes on our server even after tons of reports. All the other tribes came from different servers, they were server hoppers just like in PVP, checking out possible bases. 

The Chinese IRL money trade market is gigantic, they sell everything for AUS $, it's crazy and since Wildcard only acts on ingame selling (which is understandable with their small GM team and possible false positives), you won't be able to stop that.

IMO this was not griefing anymore, it's money making, well planned and only for the reason to maybe get some of your event dinos, an unique line, Mek, blueprint or whatever could be sold. You can just google this if you don't believe me, there are tons of facebook groups/forums/discords who sell for IRL money which doesn't surprise me when I see people spending tens of thousands on some games... (DO NOT BUY ANYTHING, EVERYTHING THEY HAVE, CAN BE SOLD INGAME BY SOMEONE FOR JUST INGAME STUFF).

Most of the Mega tribes in PVP are earning a really good amount of cash with this and so do some people on PVE, that's why it was so common and often really planned. They checked your base out, saw your cryofridge position and targeted those, everything else was left untouched. That's not normal griefing anymore ^^ 

I'm really happy that they fixed and disabled the teleporters for Wild Dinos, this will make it endless times harder for any griefer/thief and I can only thank the DEV whoever turned it off! 

On 2/25/2020 at 2:44 PM, dempig said:

I seriously dont understand how people can play this game on a PvE server, how boring

I love how elitist people that play PvP are, specially in Ark, where there's very little actual PvP. it's 90% offline raiding, and that's basically sitting on a bullet soaker. PvP in Ark is f**king boring as f**k.

On 2/25/2020 at 5:11 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

But it is based on defense of the environment. And the devs have stated quite a few times that wild dinos are part of that "environment" even if lead around by players. 

Corrupted dinos should take increased damage when they enter the city, the underground forest , the snow and desert biomes. Is that not an easy solution? 

Archived