A cowards attack

Boughtonebay

A cowards attack

Last Friday on an official PVE Server a player dragged a corrupted Gigga to my base and killed a few tames and destroyed about 14 cryo fridges I suppose making off with the contents.

So I wanted to hear from the community what is it that I can do about this.

There is no doubt in my mind  that the person can be identified by Wild Card but I hear from so many others that theirs nothing you can do.

Any advice?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Boughtonebay said:

A cowards attack

Last Friday on an official PVE Server a player dragged a corrupted Gigga to my base and killed a few tames and destroyed about 14 cryo fridges I suppose making off with the contents.

There is no doubt in my mind  that the person can be identified by Wild Card but I hear from so many others that theirs nothing you can do.

Any advice?

I have heard stories of both results:  People wiped for griefing after a ticket submitted for this, and people who submitted ironclad evidence of who it was, I'm talking up to and including video of the attack and screenshots of them bragging that WildCard won't take any action, and it comes to no result.

Extinction's corrupt dino mechanic has been, from the beginning, a fantastic new tool used by griefers on PvE to ruin other people's progress and grief them.  People can and will tell you that you need to work up defenses against wild dinos damaging your structures, and that may be true but everyone knows that isn't EXACTLY what goes on.  Someone dragging a wild corrupt to wreck your base is a griefer attack.  A wild corrupt wandering up and eating half your base is a PvE challenge. 

The ISSUE is, WildCard has recently been known to do absolutely squat about this, as you have been told already.  I don't know really why they have changed customer service in this way, but most issues are answered with a canned response about "unfortunately at this time we cant do anything about it but please submit a bug report."  Still, it never hurts.  If you have any evidence, go ahead and submit it with a ticket detailing the event to the best of your understanding.  You might get something done about it, you might not, but you wont know until you try.

6 hours ago, Boughtonebay said:

A cowards attack

Any advice?

Unless you got video evidence of players name there anit jack they can do to get your stuff back.. it sucks but like i told from anti mesh I was dino file a ticket and that told nope them are gone... 

9 minutes ago, FreelancerKnux said:

I still don't understand how people on PvE haven't build bases to avoud stuff like this. I mean honestly kiting is more common than insiding.

Because I want to build free, use different materials and combine them, make tiny towers, glass windows, try out what I can create with those triangles.

Why do I have to build like Im on pvp server when Im in fact on a pve one? I dont want those ugly turrets and hidious spike walls around, not the mention 243 behemoth gates to put all around. These "designs" make me puke. If I wanted all this I would join your precious pvp server.

9 minutes ago, Erinn said:

Because I want to build free, use different materials and combine them, make tiny towers, glass windows, try out what I can create with those triangles.

Why do I have to build like Im on pvp server when Im in fact on a pve one? I dont want those ugly turrets and hidious spike walls around, not the mention 243 behemoth gates to put all around. These "designs" make me puke. If I wanted all this I would join your precious pvp server.

Theres alway singl player then...?

5 minutes ago, yar said:

Theres alway singl player then...?

The game was made to be played with friends, trading is a big part of social network on pve servers, and fighting towards a common goal with friends. Why on earth would I even turn on singleplayer? What are you even talking about? Can you imagine playing world of warcraft, but in singleplayer? Not that funny, is it? Why? You can do everything like on retail, just turn on gm-mode and kill those bosses alone. You can farm resources all you want. Nobody is going to gank you. Doesnt seem funny to me at all ^^.

1 minute ago, Erinn said:

The game was made to be played with friends, trading is a big part of social network on pve servers, and fighting towards a common goal with friends. Why on earth would I even turn on singleplayer? What are you even talking about? Can you imagine playing world of warcraft, but in singleplayer? Not that funny, is it? Why? You can do everything like on retail, just turn on gm-mode and kill those bosses alone. You can farm resources all you want. Nobody is going to gank you. Doesnt seem funny to me at all ^^.

So  build some defences then..

4 minutes ago, Erinn said:

Edited 1 minute ago by Erinn
For more than 5 years I lived and thrived without a single defense mechanism, and I live in area where spinos, alpha rexes and titanosaurs spawn. The only thing that was destroyed were my stone pipes.

@yar dont know what else to say. And by the way, did you read my first post about buulding defenses or do I have to quote that one too? Because it seems like you didnt and just want to be a smartass.

U can build however u want on maps that are harder to get griefed. Just esp not on ext, doing that makes u a nice and easy target for them. I doubt ppl on pvp put behe round their base, it gets destroyed easily.

Build up some defenses.

Our base is in Sunken Forest. 

I have a 75 Heavy Turret tower with 20 X Plants at our main entrance. This tower is surrounded by ORP gates from an allied alt account.

In the Center of the base I have a turret tower with 20 x plants, 16 tek turrets, and 36 Heavy Turrets. This tower is also surrounded by ORP gates.

I have built and placed roughly 30 cliff platforms above our base to prevent someone placing a teleporter above.

I have a 52 heavy turret tower on a cliff platform watching over a walk way down into Sunken above our base as well as a long ORP behemoth and dino gate wall. 

In the base I have 12 Velo's on turret mode, 6 Giga's on neutral, and nine 85k hp Diplo's to act as corrupt bait and on Aggressive to push Corrupted around. 

It is extreme but your base must look like too much work since the laziest of loser's are who you are deterring. WC needs to address the issue but until then, over build your defenses.

6 hours ago, Erinn said:

Your only solution is a good unofficial server then, sorry but thats just how it is :/ 

I play on a PvE unofficial cluster, with Plant X Turrets in beaver dams as loot. The turrets are buffed big time, and will kill a corrupted Giga in 3 shots or less.  So I use about a dozen total, and my base is safe.

It really helps reduce lag, as there is no need for everyone to have huge gate enclosures around their base.

You are free to build without any defensive systems. However, have you evaluated the pros/cons of your current location?

I don't mean to insult you in any way but if you played Ark for long enough, you should know by now, espcecially on Extinction that building on ground level is asking for trouble. I'm no PvE player but I've seen some really nice looking cliff/tree bases over the years.

Good luck.

Everyone I hear of getting hit sets up a juicy target on their backs.   Leaving out lots of pretty colored animals tells everyone else you got fancy stuff.  

This tells thief's you have stuff worth stealing.  

Set up a fancy building with no effective defenses,  screams I have lots of stuff,  so much stuff that I could waste mats on building my base however I want...and I’m clueless, come break my building.

if they can set up cliff and platforms above you, they can drop corrupted on you, period.

my advice,  make your building look half finished .  Don’t keep any animals out except guard dogs like Velons and a giga.,  make sure they are ugly and unattractive.   Make it look like you rarely play.

12 hours ago, dempig said:

I seriously dont understand how people can play this game on a PvE server, how boring

I know right lol! Building cool bases. Taming cool dinos. Fighting all the bosses. Just exploring and doing what you want without having to grind bullets or worry about assholes taking everything you worked for.

How boring!

Give me some of that PvP bullet grinding action! I just LOVE rebuilding my base and being stressed that my turrets have a blind spot!

As for the OP. I would gather all the evidence you can and report it. Maybe bait the guy into admitting it in chat? Make it out like he really hurt you personally and you’re gonna quit. They love that stuff.

As dumb as it is, you really do have to build a bare minimum of defenses for these kinds of things. I’m on the island so I only have to worry about alphas. So I just use stone behemoths and a layer of metal spike walls. As soon as I see the message that something was destroyed pop up I can be there to kill it.

Building high is the best defense too.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Sibeal said:

That's exactly what PVE is for - a different environment not based on defense against other players.

But it is based on defense of the environment. And the devs have stated quite a few times that wild dinos are part of that "environment" even if lead around by players. 

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

But it is based on defense of the environment. And the devs have stated quite a few times that wild dinos are part of that "environment" even if lead around by players. 

That doesn't mean you skip defense entirely - but you can have defense and not give up esthetics.  We have a vertical wall of Plant x next to our teleporter so we don't have to give up having "pretty" or cool design.  

Archived