What would you want to see added into a Megaloceros TLC?

Scribelord

Atm they are kinda useless. I rather flap wyvern wings for a while than bother with a deer. Early game I would use anky. There is really very narrow window of usefulness for that specie.

Gather a lot more thatch, no or very low fall damage and insulation (like otter/dimetro/penguin) would be a nice start imho.

• 9 months later...

If they were to get one, I'd add more thatch gathering to the Male Deer, and give it the ability to harvest fiber, berries, and other such resources. Give it a level wheel like the Theri and Moschops to increase the gather rate of certain items.

For Females, definitely give them a kick attack, with good knockback to keep predators at bay. They should also get a slight speed boost(25-35%) and be capable of gathering berries for themselves. Give females 50% reduced weight from riders(If your inventory weights 150, it'll only weight 75 on the deer). Make it so Females can be ridden without a saddle. 

I also think they should have separate saddles. It would simply be Male Megaloceros and Female Megaloceros saddles. Male Megaloceros saddles provide a "players" inventory, meaning you can directly craft things like thatch and wooden structures without constantly transfering resources to your inventory. Female Megaloceros saddles would reduce enemy agro range by 50%(Maybe add Organic Polymer to the recipe for this one) and act as mobile Preserving Bins.

I believe these changes would make the Males much better resource gatherers while making Females much better travel mounts. 

1. Add berries to things that can be harvested.

2. Rear kick attack mirroring the horse.

3. Reduced fall damage.

4. Apply bleed to wilds, not just enemy players.

5. Base weight stat increase.

6. Insulation provided to rider.

7. For the love of god make the female not the most useless tame in the game..

For people who dont know, the megaloceros is the most underrated caving tame in the game. Imprint a good male, level melee, give it an easy to find quality saddle and put a couple cakes in it and wreck any cave.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:52 AM, Qwertymine said:

If they were to get one, I'd add more thatch gathering to the Male Deer, and give it the ability to harvest fiber, berries, and other such resources. Give it a level wheel like the Theri and Moschops to increase the gather rate of certain items.

For Females, definitely give them a kick attack, with good knockback to keep predators at bay. They should also get a slight speed boost(25-35%) and be capable of gathering berries for themselves. Give females 50% reduced weight from riders(If your inventory weights 150, it'll only weight 75 on the deer). Make it so Females can be ridden without a saddle. 

I also think they should have separate saddles. It would simply be Male Megaloceros and Female Megaloceros saddles. Male Megaloceros saddles provide a "players" inventory, meaning you can directly craft things like thatch and wooden structures without constantly transfering resources to your inventory. Female Megaloceros saddles would reduce enemy agro range by 50%(Maybe add Organic Polymer to the recipe for this one) and act as mobile Preserving Bins.

I believe these changes would make the Males much better resource gatherers while making Females much better travel mounts. 

It seems really overpowering to me. I dont think it needs the special saddles, inventory or such but definitely needs a thatch harvesting boost and / or a HUGE area of effect boost. 

Archived