Base has decayed.

Grandta

not much.  Lesson being, don't play solo without havnig a backup account in tribe to do basic ownership/admin stuff for moments like this.  Family share can make a second account that can join for free but not at the same time.  You would need another player to help you set it up, or u need to buy the second game copy to use on a second pc at least 1x to set it up.

7 minutes ago, GrumpyBear said:

not much.  Lesson being, don't play solo without havnig a backup account in tribe to do basic ownership/admin stuff for moments like this.  Family share can make a second account that can join for free but not at the same time.  You would need another player to help you set it up, or u need to buy the second game copy to use on a second pc at least 1x to set it up.

Is that really an applicable lesson? Where in the Ark rules does it say you must have two accounts?

Yes, it helps to do this but by saying lesson to the op you take the blame from WC and put it on the player who did not introduce the bug nor delay the fixing of the bug nor was stated that they are required to have two separate accounts. 

I will defend WC when it is warranted but this is their fault and their fault alone and they should shoulder that blame and use admin commands to help replace a customers losses brought on by them. 

2 hours ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

Is that really an applicable lesson? Where in the Ark rules does it say you must have two accounts?

Yes, it helps to do this but by saying lesson to the op you take the blame from WC and put it on the player who did not introduce the bug nor delay the fixing of the bug nor was stated that they are required to have two separate accounts. 

I will defend WC when it is warranted but this is their fault and their fault alone and they should shoulder that blame and use admin commands to help replace a customers losses brought on by them. 

That's fine , you can wait for them to fix it however u want to.  I prefer to deal w/ it for now until they fix things on their end.  In the end, if we are playing the game on an official or unofficial public server, then we are engaging w/ other players, and going about things solo in an environment designed for tribes of more than one person. Then if this is the case, yes - it sort of is your problem to deal w/.    IF you want it solved easily, play on a server that charges you money to manage it, or run your own.   

Your one time fee for the game does not buy a robust tech support with public servers that are put up for free to play on.  These servers are far more costly to run than the good old days of Diablo 2, where this sort of business model was the norm of the day.  

@GrumpyBearit does if the game promises such a thing beforehand. Hasn't ARK become popular because of the official servers? Most big streamers I watched back in the day played on Official servers, Lirik, Sodapoppin and many more. Without official servers ARK would probably never became this big IMO, they could shut down all the support for the servers but that would turn off many players and way more would leave if something happened.

I can see both points tbh. This sort of thing should be never happen, but if you've played Ark at all, you'll know it does. Getting frustrated when it happens is natural, but not being prepared for when it does is kinda sloppy.

I'd put a ticket in (if your haven't already) however I wouldn't hold my breath for any kind of satisfactory resolution. The one thing they're VERY good at is doing little about the majority of tickets that come their way.

Ya ticket support is like tryin to file an item warranty. First response takes days to week, if your lucky they'll agree to do something, after you make an appointment 2 weeks out cause they are so "booked", and you better write that time down cause there's no way to double check the time or that it is actually booked on their end. Then, im told (by them) they will only replace up to 10 animals. They're prob also not gonna rebuild your base or wipe out other tribes pillars, if your rlly lucky they might give you some building materials but I doubt it.

Archived