How to deal with griefers?

Arkanewisdom

How to deal with griefers?

Okay so I'm on prim plus pve and I'm having a tough time with people building way too close to my base, partially my fault I build in a spawn area.

Now before you blast me with "Your griefing too" let me point out that I knew I was building in a spawn area so I built with a special rule, "if someone spawns in my base can they get out?" If not then I would build until the answer is "yes, they can get out"

The problem I'm having it that some individuals decided to build right up to the point that the game tells them they are too close to an enemy gate or foundation and then wiggle around so that I can't improve my dino pen, which was built on fence foundation, and now said individuals are trying to box my base by trying to use foundation to restrict my build area so that I can't expand my pen for larger dinos.

Now I really don't want to be "That Guy" who runs to the GM's about this but I also don't want to start resorting to dirty tactics like throwing up pillers everywhere I plan to expand, which is against the CoC and get myself reported in the process.

Wish I had a screenshot of what these people are doing, at work right now, but you can clearly see the zig zag design they are using to find the edge of my base boundaries to build around it.

I'm afraid that it's going to come down to me moving my base, but here's the other problems, the alpha tribes have a lot of the areas developed or pillered and again I don't want to be "That Guy" pestering the GM's to clear me some room so I can play.

Better to ask forgiveness than permission.....   I heard someone say that before.

should have pillared and then built,  not pillar an area and then 3 weeks later build.  

There is nothing wrong with pillaring an area and going to bed,  waking up ,  work a little ,  then get back on and build on said area.   

If they completely surround you,  you can report them and see how well that works.  It’s sort of hit and miss , but they have helped me in the past.  Surrounding you would be a coc violation so take a good video and screenshots.  If you don’t know the steam Id of the other players put <unknown> in the field so you can complete the report.

But you should always place structures like pillars around your base to prevent that. Not saying you should pillar in a 1 mile radius around your base and claim huge chunks of land, but you should at least claim the close area near your base so that you can at least expand it if you need to. Otherwise it's only a matter of time until someone decides they want to base cuddle with you, especially in a player spawn area.

My base has been in the same player spawn area for years, where I had placed pillars to protect my interests asap. I don't think I've ever been reported because of it. At least nothing ever happened. 

15 hours ago, dempig said:

No offense, but why play on pve servers at all?  Why not just play single player if you dont want to pvp or deal with other people?

You knowingly build in a spawn area and complain that other people build there too?

No, that's not it at all. It's the fact some Dbag is knowingly trying to surround his base so that he's can't expand or access his own base by land. Which breaks rules. And GOD FORBID people don't like PvP but want to still play with othwr people... noooo PvP or bust!  -.-

@Arkanewisdomreport them, they will get those pillars or even everything 2 times clipped wiped and a warning from the enforcement. There is no ''pus**'' reason to not report them unless you want to wipe them somehow from the map. 

Just write a report ticket, everything you do against them, could be reported by them and you will be punished, there is not a single reason to not report it.

Recently someone built very close to my base. I needed to expand. So I politely asked them to move their thatch foundation and forge. They laughed and threw down a few more foundations.

so I built a throw away base right next to their base with dozens of behemoth gates

Suddenly they were willing to remove their foundations.

Try that.

On 2/24/2020 at 10:49 PM, dempig said:

No offense, but why play on pve servers at all?  Why not just play single player if you dont want to pvp or deal with other people?

You knowingly build in a spawn area and complain that other people build there too?

>.> Yeah, no I don't play pvp too much bs to deal with there that I'd rather not deal with I do want to play with others just not trolls and I do believe I said that I knew I "was" in a spawn area and built accordingly your comment is not appreciated.

As to everyone else thank you for your support, I eventually decided to move to the desert edge, I have a new problem, rock golems, but it's something I can deal with. Even staked out a nice size area that will let me house large dinos with no problem. Just need for prim plus to get updated so I can play it again, no available servers since Genesis dropped.

Archived